Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TDKR has no midnight showings in the UK
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just like to recommend that anyone visiting the website of The Independent AVOID AT ALL COSTS the article titled "The Dark Knight Rises: Batman’s secret is adapting through the ages".

Rather big final act spoilers near the bottom. Not fully detailed, not giving everything away...but there's enough info to guess more than what is given away.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a 5am screening this morning at my local Cineworld which has sold out! 5am?!?!?! What?! Sorry, but i could never do that! Not for any film.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    5 am screening? LOL :D

I didn't even know cinemas were open that early!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    There is a 5am screening this morning at my local Cineworld which has sold out! 5am?!?!?! What?! Sorry, but i could never do that! Not for any film.

For TDK the first screening at the edinburgh cineworld was £13 to get into, standard tix were £7.50 at the time, and it was 100% full half an hour before it started. Quite strange waiting in a completely full cinema for 30 minutes doing nothing, but it happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »

I've just got back from a BB/TDK IMAX double bill at my local Cineworld and there were people queueing outside the doors at 4am for the sold out 5am IMAX screening. As much as i'd have liked to have stayed for the 5am screening (had it not sold out), my bed is calling me:sleep:
  • Stuart_RentonStuart_Renton Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    The biggest enemy in this movie is the sound quality. It's so bad toward the end you couldn't hear speaking over the soundtrack.

It sullied the movie for me... :(
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking news about the mass shooting in Aurora they think 12 may have been killed by 2 gun man.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible news about the shootings. I can't believe someone would do this! How awful!!!
    The film itself:
    Well, if you haven't seen it, you are in for a treat. It twists, turns and twists some more. It is pretty damn perfect tbh. Okay, it does have some issues (I thought the editing was wayyy to fast sometimes, and Bane's audio is still a little off, but MUCH better than it was) but it's a fitting end to the trilogy.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so hyped about seeing this!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is not how we want to remember the film, how awful, RIP to the innocent movie goers.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only in America re: shootings at TDKR screening. Apparently the shooters were wearing gas masks!
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just got back from seeing the film, I went to the 9am showing. The cinema itself wasn't as packed as I thought it would be which was a pleasant surprise - about 50 in a 300 seat screen. I suppose people did want the lie in after all. This is not to say it won't make its money -popularity and screenings every half hour or so are definitely going to get the money up there.

The film itself was good, I wouldn't say perfect or excellent, although I am sure I will be shouted down for this. I felt the story although nice, was predictable and with many of the twists being foreseeable quite early on (and this is from someone who hasn't watched and looked at every sneak peek - so I think those people will have an even easier time working out what will happen) I also felt it went on too long, I usually have no problem sitting though long films and find that time seems to have flown this however seemed to drag for a good 30 minutes in the middle (it felt like 45 minutes but as I said it dragged so it could have been shorter than my estimate)

I like the actors, Joseph Gordon Levitt was great and Anne Hathaway was quite good too. I liked Tom Hardys performance but I did find I missed some of what he said - I will get that on the subtitles when I get the Blu-ray. Bale was the same as always and you will either be thrilled with his performance or not, he was good. Caine was suppose to tug on the old heartstrings I guess, but it didn't tug mine -which is unusual for me who is quite soppy.

Overall I liked the film though I wouldn't say it is perfect by any means and probably not even my favourite film of the year so far - but it was a good end to the trilogy and I would recommend a watch a strong 7.8 out of 10 for me.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to the 8:30 showing at my local IMAX and loved it. Will def be buying on Bluray when released. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression there was no midnight screenings,i thought it was under embargo(apart from private previews) until 5am in the morning

Yep, i was up at 4.15am this morning to get to the 5am showing then went on to work (where i still am)

the film was awesome!! i absolutely loved it, well worth waiting for!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing it, Awesome , very gripping, my only problem was, that was sat next to some sweaty youth , who obviously has not seen a bar of soap in a long time, who stunk quite a bit :(

again film was great , fantastic ending
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booked a ticket for an IMAX screening this afternoon at Odeon Wimbledon. Found myself with an unexpected day off, so thought why not.

Not the greatest seat, bit to the side, but them again with IMAX screenings in cinemas it does not really matter to be honest.

Was actually surprised to get a ticket at all...the BFI IMAX is completely sold out until next week, and their online booking system is down anyway.

I'm looking forward to it, but not expecting perfection. Will share some thoughts later.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrendous news from the US.

I was so looking forward to the discussion on here today too now you're all getting to see the film. Got two nitpicks to throw out there but I'll hold off for the time being. Seems a bit inappropriate.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paris premiere tonight has been cancelled in light of the Denver tragedy. Early reports of the shooter made it sound like he looked like Bane. Warner Brothers must be in full-on panic mode about this.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I can't see it having an impact of the box office outside of America.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    To be honest, I can't see it having an impact of the box office outside of America.

Haha. :D:D
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Haha. :D:D

What's funny?
  • NickVaughanNickVaughan Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear about the shootings, condolences to friends and families of the victims involved.

Anyway back to the film,

I went to the 9am screening in Stafford at the Apollo, couldn't have been more than 25 in there so it was nice and quiet. The plot was coherant and I won't go into any detail but it had some very good twists, turns and a fantastic nod to a certain arc in the comics. As others have said, the editing was rather fast as that was slightly off putting but very engaging none the less.

Tom Hardy as Bane was brilliant. He was imposing, well developed and let's face it he looked amazing considering the initial doubt I had when they announced him as I thought He'd be too 'out there' for The Nolanverse. My only gripe about him was his voice, at times he made me think of what Sean Connery would sound like if he ever attempted a Donald Duck impression on helium.

Christian Bale was yet again disappointing as Bruce Wayne/Batman, it's mainly the voice he puts on as Bats that pisses me off, it's just awful. His withered, depressed, battle scarred Wayne and chemistry with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman were the things that redeemed his portrayal of the role for me.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake stole most of the film for me, I adored his performance and I won't spoil it, but Blake's revalation at the end and role in general has left me selfishly wanting more.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    Another question is will this tragedy forever go hand & hand with the movie now? Is it tainted?
    I mean look at The Twilight Zone movie, all those brilliant directors working on it & it's now only remembered for one thing.
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the film, very good movie though not perfect and not as good as TDK for me.

Can we start talking about the ending in spoiler tags or should we start a new thread.