Options

Samantha Womack talks about the **** **** spoilers

Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
Forum Member
This is interesting to those trying to make out Ronnie would never do this and also the one's trying to claim Sam is unhappy.
"What Ronnie has been through is such a crushingly awful thing to even pretend it might happen to you. I actually felt ill having to portray it. We used an expensive silicone doll, and it was so lifelike it upset a lot of people on set. We had to stop and take a break because it was too much."

Sam admits she is worried how viewers will react to the grim storyline, which will be shown over New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Describing the moment when Ronnie finds James dead, Sam said: "Ronnie desperately tries to warm him up.

"Then she staggers into the Square with him in her arms and bangs on her mum Glenda's door.

"Ronnie is totally rambling, so a lot of what you'll see on screen wasn't scripted. What really got to the other cast and crew was that Ronnie arrives at Glenda's flat and shouts, 'Mummy!'

"She's like a child as she tries to reach out to the mother who rejected her. She is raw, stripped of everything."

Talking about the shocking baby swap, Sam added: "The abduction comes from a place of complete confusion. She hears Tommy crying and can't separate truth from fiction."

Sam told Inside Soap magazine, out today: "I love EastEnders and the fans enjoy it because it's hardcore and bleak at times. But I also worry because this is such a traumatic storyline.

"New Year can be a difficult time for some people, so I really hope this is taken in the spirit in which it's intended - which is about producing dramatic television. I've watched the episode where James dies and it really is very powerful, with strong performances from everyone. Producers are happy with it - I just hope it doesn't upset viewers."

Full interview with more

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3315334/Samantha-haunted-by-EastEnders-cot-death-plot.html

Seem's she is pleading with her fans not to spoil it the way they did Danielle's death.

Comments

• Options
    Rapunzel2010Rapunzel2010 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this. Sounds very dark and the sort of thing only EastEnders does best. Can't wait to see it.

As for the moaners who are upset by the content. I think like Sam says they need to seperate fact from fiction. Which can be hard but its only a TV show. On the plus side being so effected by it I suppose means they nailed it because they in turn made viewers feel part of it. So it does work both ways.
  • Options
    Carol.WCarol.W Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I was lucky enough to be at the screening and its one of the best yet most disturbing things I have ever seen. Like I said yesterday its so raw but there is a sort of beauty about it. They will win a BAFTA for this and those thinking EastEnders wouldn't win at the soap awards this year are wrong. Jessie and Sam will win every award they are up for. Sam in particular will leave you in pieces but Shane Richie also has a heartbreaking scene which will bring tears to your eyes.

I swear if people hate on these episodes its just a stitch up and they are envious. They are just so real and raw. The best scenes for years and years.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I liked Shane's acting was when Nana Moon died so he can obviously do emotional scenes just nothing else!
  • Options
    Carol.WCarol.W Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    The only time I liked Shane's acting was when Nana Moon died so he can obviously do emotional scenes just nothing else!
    He is so good in the New Years Day episode. I really had no idea he was this good. But its Sam who will blow everyone away.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I think Sam is a great actress and will defo pull this off. I am looking forward to this storyline, Ronnie is one of my fav characters.
  • Options
    TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    Carol.W wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to be at the screening and its one of the best yet most disturbing things I have ever seen. Like I said yesterday its so raw but there is a sort of beauty about it. They will win a BAFTA for this and those thinking EastEnders wouldn't win at the soap awards this year are wrong. Jessie and Sam will win every award they are up for. Sam in particular will leave you in pieces but Shane Richie also has a heartbreaking scene which will bring tears to your eyes.

I swear if people hate on these episodes its just a stitch up and they are envious. They are just so real and raw. The best scenes for years and years.

Wow thanks for this ! :)

Obviously i still don't think this is an ideal plot/route to go down, but i'm actually very interested to see how it's done. It is an **extremely** sensitive topic and ofc people will be against watching it which is perfectly fine, but i'm just gonna stop moaning about it now and wait until it actually airs and watch it for myself. Looking forward to seeing some INCREDIBLE acting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would the viewers be envious?
  • Options
    Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Jason, wrote: »
    This is interesting to those trying to make out Ronnie would never do this and also the one's trying to claim Sam is unhappy.

Full interview with more

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3315334/Samantha-haunted-by-EastEnders-cot-death-plot.html

Seem's she is pleading with her fans not to spoil it the way they did Danielle's death

My impression too and a few are already trying their hardest to spoil it before the episodes have even aired.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this is taken in the spirit in which it's intended - which is about producing dramatic television

Sam explained it perfectly here. Yes, it will be hard-hitting, but that's the point.

:)
  • Options
    Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Some Ronnie fans seem a bit scary tbh. I'm really surprised but they think Ronnie is real!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some Ronnie fans seem a bit scary tbh. I'm really surprised but they think Ronnie is real!!!!

Yeh - like how ridiculous? I said the same thing to Pat when I bumped into her in the supermarket the other day. It was odd though, because she was pretending to be posh and wasn't wearing her earings.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is interesting that Sam says "worst 4 weeks of her life". So does that mean this storyline is over by February?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    It is interesting that Sam says "worst 4 weeks of her life". So does that mean this storyline is over by February?

Doubt it. I think what she means is filming the baby's death and then the funerals. They would be the truly hard thing for any actress who has children to film. There was an interview with Shane in the magazine aswell, and he was saying how his wife/parter (can't remember what she is) had to stop him fussing over his 2 and 4 year old because he was checking they were still alive every so often. Its the kind of then I'd imagine would really get to an actor.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

well they still think Danielle is alive not suprising at all
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I am a fan of Ronnie's and I'm not that stupid thank you very much. I mean, Danielle died in front of our very eyes and there is nothing viewers can do to change that.
    When I first learned about the storyline that starts on NYE I must admit I was shocked and I couldn't believe the sound of it. I just hate the fact that Ronnie has lost three "babies" in the space of less than two years. But storyline-wise, it does make sense. I would have preferred Kat to lose her baby and Ronnie to live happily ever after with her baby and Jack, but sadly it seems that it wasn't meant to be.
    I sincerely hope that Ronnie isn't going to be seen as a villain through and through. Don't get me wrong, I very much condemn her actions but I want her to get the help she needs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ronnie is just like Archie, thats her problem.
  • Options
    tweeeed_xtweeeed_x Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    Well I am a fan of Ronnie's and I'm not that stupid thank you very much. I mean, Danielle died in front of our very eyes and there is nothing viewers can do to change that.
    When I first learned about the storyline that starts on NYE I must admit I was shocked and I couldn't believe the sound of it. I just hate the fact that Ronnie has lost three "babies" in the space of less than two years. But storyline-wise, it does make sense. I would have preferred Kat to lose her baby and Ronnie to live happily ever after with her baby and Jack, but sadly it seems that it wasn't meant to be.
    I sincerely hope that Ronnie isn't going to be seen as a villain through and through. Don't get me wrong, I very much condemn her actions but I want her to get the help she needs.
    THIS! :D
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I can see why people would be upset by this storyline, but it should be remembered that that's what it is - a story. The part I'm not very enthused about is that it's Ronnie losing a child, again. I'm also not sure how Kat and Alfie aren't going to notice that the dead baby isn't theirs.
    I swear if people hate on these episodes its just a stitch up and they are envious.
    Envious of what?
  • Options
    *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eh? Well I am a Ronnie fan who contributes to her fan thread but I think you'll find I'm all a well rounded poster who talks about EE in general in many threads. I'm no fanatic? I'd never dream of making complaints to EE, I think it's just ridiculous anybody does. Don't watch if you don't want but why complain? That doesn't change anything and I honestly think it makes people look like they are taking it too seriously.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Awards should be given for consistently high performances. Eastenders has been far from that for months. They should not be awarded just for one or two good episodes.

I won't be watching. Sounds too disturbing, especially at an emotive time like Christmas.
  • Options
    Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Awards should be given for consistently high performances. Eastenders has been far from that for months. They should not be awarded just for one or two good episodes.

I won't be watching. Sounds too disturbing, especially at an emotive time like Christmas.

As someone said in a seperate topic. Casualty showed a baby dying after drowning in a frozen lake at Christmas two years ago and it was far more graphic than this seems to be as you saw the babies eyes close under the water.

I think some need to take Sam's advice.
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Hm... It's strange because you'd think that Sam and Bryan's main worry would be that the audience have given up feeling sorry for Ronnie. I mean how much more can we feel sorry for her? We felt sorry for her when she thought her daughter was dead. Then when Danielle actually did die. We also felt sorry for her when Roxy had Jack's baby. And again when Sam had his baby too. We also felt sorry for her when she revealed she was raped by her father. Then when we found out her mother knew and did nothing. And now... Now they're giving her a more tragic story than any of the above and we're supposed to still feel sorry for her. The character has no hope whatsoever, I'm not sure why viewers are expected to keep investing in her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Not at all comfortable with this stupid storyline,talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel.Awful, awful subject matter.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seamus2008 wrote: »

This.

I'm a big Ronnie fan but I'm just tired of seeing her character going through the same misery time and time again.

If it was happening to two other characters, like, let's say Kat and Janine, then I'd be excited by this storyline but Ronnie? Again? :sleep:

The whole aftermath of seeing her in tears again... I've stopped caring, to be honest.

However, I do actually think Ronnie would do something like this (swap babies) because we've seen how desperate she is, but then, we can all make excuses for every character as to why they might swap a baby, so they really didn't need to use Ronnie. It really is lazy writing.
  • Options
    DannyCaulfieldDannyCaulfield Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cool :(