BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Janet29 wrote: »
    Hell Honey Fred the weatherman has been arrested over historic alleged sex offences

im not usually shocked but i am now
    :eek:
    Just watched the second episode of The Village, very bleak but I shall stick with it
    I recorded it but it got such bad reviews that I deleted it.:D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good Evening folks...:)

I dropped the individual good mornings when a couple of times I inadvertently left someone out and they were offended. Life's too bloomin' short to have to worry about giving offence when none is intended.:p

I have been to Athens, followed by the dentist.It hasn't been very sunny, but was warm enough for a light cardi and sandals (bliss).
    Sam dropped me off this morning in a different area to the usual where there is a health store I wanted to visit before my lesson. I was walking back towards the centre when my lips felt dry.I couldn't find my salve so I licked them and some disgusting man coming towards me thought I was giving him the come on and started chatting me up, following me, and making lewd suggestions! :I think I used up my whole store of Greek swear words on him!
    Good Grief!! That sort of thing usually happens to me..:D
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    That's very interesting - I seem to remember my grandma using beer to remove stains, but I'd have thought dark beer would stain fabric itself??
    You can also use beer as a hair setting lotion. My mother once thought that if beer was good, cola must be even better, so she tried it, with disastrous results
    LMAO! Our downstairs neighbour, Annoula has a son who lives next door with his wife, above the Landlord and she has another son, Yiorgo, who visits from time to time, and he likes a drink.
    We were in fits earlier watching Yiorgo trying to light a portable BBQ outside without seeming to realise that it was being randomly sprayed by the automatic watering system....
    He obviously got it going eventually as he has just knocked on our door with a plate of sardines and he was so drunk he could barely stand...
    He's a good-natured fellow, drunk or sober but must have been far gone as he didn't even point and laugh at Sam, who is wearing his Onesie....
    :D:D
    nWo 2013 wrote: »
    Anyone here not talking about Thatcher?
    Not any more nWo....
    Sex wrote: »
    oi you, i'm old enough to sleep when i want thank you:p

sure my post count is gonna go high i find most of my posts are telling the judges or the contestants to shut up!:o

oh yipee then, i want to be part of the BB Clique:o
    Welcome!
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Early night for me.:yawn:
    Good night all :)
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    is Nick Clegg Prime Minster as well? Daft question I know.

Thanks. She is my ex from my High School days.

Deputy (dawg)

How lovely. :) ( going out with your childhood sweetheart i mean, not Clegg)
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    Early night for me.:yawn:
    Good night all :)

Night Moots. :)
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »

Welcome!

• JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    I just had a look at twitter and i am both disgusted and astonished that people who were only born five minutes ago have created a whole life that never existed for her.
    I saw a bunch of people who between them agreed that she lived a life of regret over the mistakes she made and that she was sorry.
    How flaming insulting to her!
    Give her her due, she never wavered in her beliefs and there is a huge section of the public that voted her in THREE FOOOKING TIMES (got possessed by Jonny BB3,sorry) that think she did nothing wrong.
    If you are going to RIP like crazy or dance on someone's grave at least read the wiki page about them to stop you making an ar*e of yourselves!

Nor me. I cant imagine my laptop lasting a year anyway. Its full of ciabatta.

But the vast majority DO stay in the class they are born into. Now more than ever.

:D well if nobody ever moves up or down the scale, there's little point in researching who sits where! I don't care anyway, I take everyone as I find them, it's simple.

A vacuous woman I knew through my kids was trying to explain to me who this family were - she said 'they're lovely people, they live in house with its own grounds' - the 'own grounds' apparently being a measure of how lovely they were:rolleyes:
    Actually she was very firm about keeping the child benefit, because it was paid directly to the mother (then)
    Welfare benefits are never enough for a good life but in the eighties they were comparatively much higher than now, with benefit paid from age sixteen, and mothers of schoolchildren and younger not required to work.
    If people are bothered enough to have fireworks in the street and spout venom at a long impotent woman i wish they would re-direct their energy to protesting about this government's welfare cuts. (right and left)
    I would take thatcher over Cameron and thingy any day.

I don't think she ever waivered in her beliefs - and at least she had some!

I think Thatcher recognised that the benefit system was unbalanced and that those most in need weren't necessarily receiving enough - but I'm not sure that she had a clear idea of 'real poverty'.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Hi nWo and Sex (interesting name:D) and welcome!
    Forum Member
    :D well if nobody ever moves up or down the scale, there's little point in researching who sits where! I don't care anyway, I take everyone as I find them, it's simple.

A vacuous woman I knew through my kids was trying to explain to me who this family were - she said 'they're lovely people, they live in house with its own grounds' - the 'own grounds' apparently being a measure of how lovely they were:rolleyes:
    Not nobody, but much less than previously apparently.
    I think the word "lovely" from people like this means "our sort"
    She must have seriously misjudged you. :(
    (that you would care, i mean, not that you haven't got grounds:D)

:

I think Thatcher recognised that the benefit system was unbalanced and that those most in need weren't necessarily receiving enough - but I'm not sure that she had a clear idea of 'real poverty'.
    Few do unless they have lived it. and i wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Forum Member

:D hehe thanks:o
    Forum Member
    Yes, i will have to spell it out in my head.
    Welcome S.E.X. * hides behind fan and takes smelling salts* (and Enwo of course)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all, buzzy feet's in :D

and hello to nWo, good luck with your date :cool: and Sex, i remember you started a thread called 'gone off'. i can't remember what you'd gone off but it wasn't what it looked like and was actually bb related :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Evening folks...:)

I dropped the individual good mornings when a couple of times I inadvertently left someone out and they were offended. Life's too bloomin' short to have to worry about giving offence when none is intended.:p

I have been to Athens, followed by the dentist.It hasn't been very sunny, but was warm enough for a light cardi and sandals (bliss).
    Sam dropped me off this morning in a different area to the usual where there is a health store I wanted to visit before my lesson. I was walking back towards the centre when my lips felt dry.I couldn't find my salve so I licked them and some disgusting man coming towards me thought I was giving him the come on and started chatting me up, following me, and making lewd suggestions! :eek:I think I used up my whole store of Greek swear words on him!

yay! good stuff arty! :D glad you've learnt all the necessary vocabulary ;)

not nice though. but that aside the warm weather must be good for a change, we're still waiting for it, a bit.
    Forum Member
    Yes, i will have to spell it out in my head.
    Welcome S.E.X. * hides behind fan and takes smelling salts* (and Enwo of course)
    :D thanks hellow
    doodle doo wrote: »
    evening all, buzzy feet's in :D

and hello to nWo, good luck with your date :cool: and Sex, i remember you started a thread called 'gone off'. i can't remember what you'd gone off but it wasn't what it looked like and was actually bb related :D

:D:D:D i can't believe you remember that:o, back when i was inane and niave...i was just mad at the whole BB13 things:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    :D:D:D i can't believe you remember that:o, back when i was inane and niave...i was just mad at the whole BB13 things:o

sorry to mention it :o it's my spotting humour :D but no, you never came across as inane and naive, you were just making comment. no bother about that :cool:
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Deputy (dawg)

Haha where is Deputy Dawg from again, saying the accent in my head now,

nWo and Sex - New World Order of SEX! Nice :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and another thing, generally, what's happened to feather dusters?

mine loses more feathers than the stuff it takes away (it's old, probably when you could collect feathers). so i need another on a stick, because i can't reach the ceilings. asda do a pledge fluffy duster so if my local, one does that i'll have to get that one. but i'm sure i remember those static collecter jobbies on a stick, what happened to them?
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Deputy (dawg)

Yeah we were together nearly 7 years until she left for America to go to college. She is back for a couple of years at least. She has changed in a really great way :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Mornering Everyone.:-)[highlight](((((( {o-^-o} ))))))[/highlight]

Roll on Friday, weather seems to change for the better, those cold nights take break.
    Of course we get rain instead, i'd rather that though.
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning all :-)
    Morning SR.:-))))))))))))))

You was composing same time as me then.
    Hows the weather in your neck of the woods this week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Morning SR.:-))))))))))))))

You was composing same time as me then.
    Hows the weather in your neck of the woods this week?
    Hi Hicky, it's been lovely during the day for the past few days. There was a beautiful sunset last night so think today will be the same as yesterday. It must have been nearly 10c yesterday, no frost this morning either. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched that too - I love Kay Mellor's writing! I don't think Alison Steadman was in the previous one - the Welsh girl from Gavin & Stacey was in it, and also the large lady who was in this series as the lottery's adviser to the syndicate when they first won.

I'm just a bit miffed about the husband in the basement:rolleyes: Where will she go with that - and how realistic is it, really??
    I found that somewhat odd, just a bit too far fetched for me.
    Anyone here not talking about Thatcher?
    Some people are.
    I just had a look at twitter and i am both disgusted and astonished that people who were only born five minutes ago have created a whole life that never existed for her.
    I saw a bunch of people who between them agreed that she lived a life of regret over the mistakes she made and that she was sorry.
    How flaming insulting to her!
    Give her her due, she never wavered in her beliefs and there is a huge section of the public that voted her in THREE FOOOKING TIMES (got possessed by Jonny BB3,sorry) that think she did nothing wrong.
    If you are going to RIP like crazy or dance on someone's grave at least read the wiki page about them to stop you making an ar*e of yourselves!

Nor me. I cant imagine my laptop lasting a year anyway. Its full of ciabatta.

But the vast majority DO stay in the class they are born into. Now more than ever.
    There is some nonsense being spouted about her. Apparently she made one mistake, but that's OK. Oh & because she was the 1st woman PM that somehow negates all her previous mistakes. (or mistake) It's almost like she's being elevated to sainthood. :rolleyes:
    Actually she was very firm about keeping the child benefit, because it was paid directly to the mother (then)
    Welfare benefits are never enough for a good life but in the eighties they were comparatively much higher than now, with benefit paid from age sixteen, and mothers of schoolchildren and younger not required to work.
    If people are bothered enough to have fireworks in the street and spout venom at a long impotent woman i wish they would re-direct their energy to protesting about this government's welfare cuts. (right and left)
    I would take thatcher over Cameron and thingy any day.
    I would have neither of them!
    is Nick Clegg Prime Minster as well? Daft question I know.

Thanks. She is my ex from my High School days.
    No, he's the deputy PM.

No she didn't, like the majority of MP's sitting in their ivory towers! She once earned over a million for 3x 20 minute speeches she gave. :rolleyes:
    doodle doo wrote: »
    and another thing, generally, what's happened to feather dusters?

mine loses more feathers than the stuff it takes away (it's old, probably when you could collect feathers). so i need another on a stick, because i can't reach the ceilings. asda do a pledge fluffy duster so if my local, one does that i'll have to get that one. but i'm sure i remember those static collecter jobbies on a stick, what happened to them?
    Aldi were doing a microfibre one (on a stick) a couple of months ago. I bought one, but have never actually got around to using it. :D
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,601
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning SR and Hicky :D

Edit - and Eddy who crept up on me :D
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Hi Hicky, it's been lovely during the day for the past few days. There was a beautiful sunset last night so think today will be the same as yesterday. It must have been nearly 10c yesterday, no frost this morning either. :-D
    Maybe you've seen the last of the cold night/mornings, i have 1 more i think before then temp rises,
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:-D
    Morning Eddy.:-))))))))))))
    Morning SR and Hicky :-D
    Morning Flora.:-)))))))))))))))
This discussion has been closed.