anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice room. Very relaxing.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bed head is vile it's like something l.l.bowen would have done in changing rooms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like Mama Mortons prison cell.
  • Options
    Dora_JarDora_Jar Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my word. The darkness - and I don't mean the band.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be getting the magnolia out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Break out the magnolia!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Martin doesn't win its a travesty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One clear winner tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Martin!
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't live a day with all that grey, I really didn't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done chaps we know our stuff ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't give up the day job Becky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were they at Welwyn Garden city last series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My extended family live in Welwyn Garden City, I'll be interested to see where exactly it is filmed!

Always seems like another world when I go to visit!
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with all the comments about the dark grey room, I thought it was awful and the light wall just made it look unfinished. As for the stripes, the least said the better I think.

I wasn't keen on the blue room, too much blue imo. I did like the furniture with the copper touches.
    I think they should concentrate more on how well they are filling the clients brief than how far away they can go from it

Me too.
    I really like Martins room I could live with that his brief was harder too I feel

Me too. I did say to the OH that he had the most difficult brief as the room had to be 2 things.

I'd let him loose on my house and I don't often say that :D

I'm pleased he won.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I really like Martins room I could live with that his brief was harder too I feel

Yup, plus he made the room look bigger, a really lovely job (and the return of the really lovely builder :D )

The grey room, jeez, and what on earth possessed her to put that fireplace in there, completely out of character, era etc, looked awful, although as a plus point I supposed you didn't really notice it amid all that grey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, plus he made the room look bigger, a really lovely job (and the return of the really lovely builder :D )

The grey room, jeez, and what on earth possessed her to put that fireplace in there, completely out of character, era etc, looked awful, although as a plus point I supposed you didn't really notice it amid all that grey

He truly is a joy to behold that builder :D
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another - what was Rebecca thinking? here! :D I'm trying to think if there's been a successful grey room - maybe a massive room can just about take it, but only the odd wall - the designers wanted even more grey! It just seems sacrilege to do that to a gorgeous sunny room. The three sisters were lovely and very magnanimous! Martin's was beautiful, calm and clever and I want one! I do think that those that perhaps have some joinery or carpentry skills are at an advantage. I think there will be a few who've got their name down for the next series, going on a crash sewing course now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another - what was Rebecca thinking? here! :D I'm trying to think if there's been a successful grey room - maybe a massive room can just about take it, but only the odd wall - the designers wanted even more grey! It just seems sacrilege to do that to a gorgeous sunny room. The three sisters were lovely and very magnanimous! Martin's was beautiful, calm and clever and I want one! I do think that those that perhaps have some joinery or carpentry skills are at an advantage. I think there will be a few who've got their name down for the next series, going on a crash sewing course now!

I thought gorgeous builder did the actual carpentry Martin just came up with the idea and did a basic drawing then mr gorgeous and good with his hands did the rest
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    If I was the owner of the blue or grey bedrooms I would be absolutely furious at the mess the designers had made of them. They were both really nice beforehand and were totally wrecked last night. I would feel like I was drowning in that blue room (less is more Lacey), and the grey room was awful. The fireplace was a mess and the headboard looked cheap and tacky, as did the fluffy cushions and the whole colour scheme just didn't work.

I wonder do the homeowners see them off camera first, so that they can compose themselves and look delighted for the viewers. I cannot believe either of those women like their rooms. I expected to see their jaws hit the floor, not pleased smiles.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the owners have to sign a disclaimer before taking part in this programme, or do the BBC provide a counselor and a team of decorators to undo the damage done by some of these amateurs.
    On the other hand Martin's transformation was magnificent and probably the best I have seen on this show, and a very deserved win.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Also, what was Lacey thinking, wasting half a day learning how to make a couple of very ordinary looking cushions? For that alone she deserved to lose. If I was paying her by the hour to do my home I would not be impressed by her time management skills.
    I think both her and Becky realised half way through that they'd cocked up. You could hear the doubt in their voices as they tried to say convincingly that they were happy with how things were looking.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Must admit I didn't think Lacey's was that bad, nice idea but the execution was not good, but quite easily put right. The grey room however, that was done some damage, still can't get over the fireplace, what on earth was she thinking :confused:
  • Options
    Mel GMel G Posts: 5,254
    Forum Member
    Completely agree re the grey room, and although I quite liked the blue one, I think Martin's dual purpose room was by far the best (no wonder the owner was so tearful).

I suspect the judges had the easiest decision of the series so far!
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought gorgeous builder did the actual carpentry Martin just came up with the idea and did a basic drawing then mr gorgeous and good with his hands did the rest
    Ohh! Of course! As we'd seen him earlier, I thought gorgeous builder was actually Martin's partner, who seemed multi- talented and thought he must be helping him out - so to speak! :D Martin definitely needed a builder, even if he'd had the skills, as way too much to do.