Options

Only 1 Proper Highlights Ever!

rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just realised when chatting to a friend that we only have 1 full, proper Highlights show in the current format at least, left to go, ever!

I can't believe how fast this UBB has gone.

Has there been a favourite ever highlight show thread?

Seems the perfect time!

I think my favourite would be the Episode where Nick was confronted, I think it was the first time I realised we were actually a day out of sync with the house. God knows how I suspected we were seeing 11pm at night on the night we were watching highlights at 10 but I did. (Actually I do know how I did! BB Flashback! school argument that it was showing the previous day ended when someone claimed to call the live feed phoneline which was offered to listen to what was going on in the house, and a friend told me that what they heard was a continuation from where the highlights finished. Either it was a lie, he was confused or for some reason they were playing the previous days live feed as if it was current day to keep it in sync with HLs show) I knew it was out of sync because it was shown on GMTV that morning and I think possibly the news the night before that Nick had been ousted from the house and they showed clips which I hadn't yet seen. All very exciting.

A Random one I loved was in BB8, the argument episode with the party where Charley and Brian argued dressed as clowns I remember being a solid episode throughout, strange for such a terrible series.

I think I preferred the Wedding Task in BB5 to the full blown Fight Night, although Fight Night was edge of your seat TV, because again I'd read at school whilst on digital spy (When I first started reading these boards before joining because they were more up to date than most news sites) that the show had gone off air during the night and it had all kicked off, that it would return and highlights would still be home. I remember being so excited but then getting home and of course my internet was down so I had to wait until the episode aired to properly see it all kick off.

There was a couple of Rich/Poor divide episodes during Season 3 that were awesome, and the final 4 Dinner Party was a GREAT Episode, it had Alex behind the door and the Jade v Kate/Jonny then Alex fight "Katie, Katie, What Have You. And Alex. Been Saying. About. Myself" Love it!

Anyone else have favourite full episodes?

Comments

• Options
    cfcbluecfcblue Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    With so many boring JJJ/Nadia threads around surely this one doesn't deserve to disappear
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good topic :) Nice to see one that isnt revolving around negativity.

I like BB 9 Fight Night, just to see the emergence of Mario as a decent bloke for once and seeing Darnell step up to Dale and Stuart "WHY DONT YOU GET IN MY FACE"

I also like emergence of Nasty Nick in BB1.

Also what may put me in a huge minority is for the most part I liked a lot of BB 8 Episodes. I actually can't explain why, It definately had low points but I thought for all the annoying people, it had the entertainment bases covered.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The celebrity big brother episode where George Galloway had an argument with Preston then Michael Barrymore was tense viewing as you could sense that confrontation was building up to a crescendo.
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB5- The show where they had the silent protest. Was TV gold watching the housemates trying not to give them footage but actually making one of the most interesting days in BB history. I remember fondly Ahmed smashing the statue, Stu's cowboy hat being burnt and Michelle trying to set the DR cam on fire in the garden. Absolute classic :D

Also, the BB2 episode where they were paired up for dates. Helen and Paul have been one of the two relationships in the house I've enjoyed watching (Michelle and Stu being the other). Also love Paul comparing his life to that of an international popstar :p
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    My minds gone blank :eek:

Obviously Fight Night has to be up there. I was on the edge of my seat watching that. I was on my work experience at the time and remember everybody talking about it the next day.

Also the wedding task. One of the best tasks ever imo. I loved Michelles diary room rant about Pie Jesu, when she stuck her fingers up at BB and stormed out the diary room. BB5 will always remain one of my favourites :D

Also BB6s box task. Who would have thought watching people sitting in a box would be so entertaining :p

And I loved just about every episode of CBB4. Pete Burns, Michael Barrymore, George Galloway, Chantelle. It was one of the best CBB mixture of housemates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    My minds gone blank :eek:

Obviously Fight Night has to be up there. I was on the edge of my seat watching that. I was on my work experience at the time and remember everybody talking about it the next day.

Also the wedding task. One of the best tasks ever imo. I loved Michelles diary room rant about Pie Jesu, when she stuck her fingers up at BB and stormed out the diary room. BB5 will always remain one of my favourites :D

Also BB6s box task. Who would have thought watching people sitting in a box would be so entertaining :p

And I loved just about every episode of CBB4. Pete Burns, Michael Barrymore, George Galloway, Chantelle. It was one of the best CBB mixture of housemates.

My minds gone blank too but have to agree that the fight night episode has got to be up there for me, the wedding task in BB5, Nikki's "Who is she?!" rant in the diary room and ignore the obvious with Marcus Bentley entering the house!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    The episode where Jade found a veruca on her foot and then had a massive row with Adele.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Definitely fight night just for the controversy. Also the box task, just coz of the hilarity that ensued from Derek and Science.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    027huds wrote: »
    BB5- The show where they had the silent protest. Was TV gold watching the housemates trying not to give them footage but actually making one of the most interesting days in BB history. I remember fondly Ahmed smashing the statue, Stu's cowboy hat being burnt and Michelle trying to set the DR cam on fire in the garden. Absolute classic :D

My abiding memory of BB5 is that something happened EVERY day...so many great tasks(Boot camp/Wedding task/Back to school task/Bedsit/Chained task...Jason+Michelle:eek:)....and Michelle stealing the DR camera was TV gold.....as was BB burning Stu`s beloved hat..Lol:D

BB could pull any trick it liked because the HM`s never suspected anything was amiss....as BB had never toyed with duplicity and secret tasks before......Even the ejection of Kitten was a drama....because BB had informed the HM`s that they would all be up for the chop after Kittens persistent rule breaking.....They and we thought anyone could go...when in fact BB knew along that Kitten was being given the boot..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The h/l show during which Jackie entered the house sparked off a brilliant thread on here. It was beyond any shadow of doubt the best twist ever, perfectly executed, evil in the extreme, jaw dropping for the reaction of Brigitte and the HMs, and the sight of Jackie - looking like the wicked witch after a run in with Dr Frankenstein - was absolute TV gold. The like of which they've never come close to repeating.
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My abiding memory of BB5 is that something happened EVERY day...so many great tasks(Boot camp/Wedding task/Back to school task/Bedsit/Chained task...Jason+Michelle:eek:)....and Michelle stealing the DR camera was TV gold.....as was BB burning Stu`s beloved hat..Lol:D

BB could pull any trick it liked because the HM`s never suspected anything was amiss....as BB had never toyed with duplicity and secret tasks before......Even the ejection of Kitten was a drama....because BB had informed the HM`s that they would all be up for the chop after Kittens persistent rule breaking.....They and we thought anyone could go...when in fact BB knew along that Kitten was being given the boot..

Yes. Literally every episode of BB5 was great viewing. I remember one of my favourite weeks being the last, when BB decided to pull loads of tricks on the housemates, like calling Nadia to the DR and then confusing her by telling her not to repeat the convo they'd had, when BB had only asked how how she was. BB5 was excellent for messing with everyones heads.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    The h/l show during which Jackie entered the house sparked off a brilliant thread on here. It was beyond any shadow of doubt the best twist ever, perfectly executed, evil in the extreme, jaw dropping for the reaction of Brigitte and the HMs, and the sight of Jackie - looking like the wicked witch after a run in with Dr Frankenstein - was absolute TV gold. The like of which they've never come close to repeating.

Absolutely. I remember when the car pulled up outisde the house and when she emurged I was like :eek::eek::eek:. But her entrance is up there with the best :D

IIRC there wasn't a crowd outside either, which made her entrance even more unusual.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Box Task
    The housemates confronting Nick
    The Jail Task
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB5 - The one where Michelle, Marco & Nadia discover they've been nominated and there's uproar. :D Michelle starts screaming at the others, Marco gets into arguments with half the house, etc. :D
  • Options
    Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Oh there is quite a few. Fight Night BB5 is up there, along with quite a few episodes from that series, including the burning of Stuarts hat. The box task of BB6 was hilarious, as was the week of Emma and Michelle in the bedsit. The electrocution task in BB9 had me in tears of laughter, especially with those costumes they were wearing.

Most cringey include Mario and Lisa with the custard creams, in fact, probably any time they were on the screen. His lecture about H&S was hysterical, for all the wrong reasons :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Absolutely. I remember when the car pulled up outisde the house and when she emurged I was like :eek::eek::eek:. But her entrance is up there with the best :D

IIRC there wasn't a crowd outside either, which made her entrance even more unusual.

Made all the more surreal for the fact that she obviously had no idea what was going on, what BB was about and had been told she'd be rubbing shoulders with major celebs...only to find herself sharing space with Kenzie, Bez and John McCririck :p
  • Options
    registerheavenregisterheaven Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Best highlight threads would be Fight Night and the rest of BB5. Some here might say BB3. Think its a matter of personal option though :)