Martine McCutcheon 'sad Tiffany Mitchell was killed off'.

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a294519/mccutcheon-sad-tiffany-was-killed-off.html

Me too! I loved the character & what better time than now for her to return!? (well if she could of course).

Comments

• tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she always is come this time of year when shes religated to doing gash adverts.
  • max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they brought back Dirty Den from the dead so there's still hope! :)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    max_db wrote: »
    Well, they brought back Dirty Den from the dead so there's still hope! :)

Because nobody saw Den's body.

Tiffany (and Danielle before anyone starts! :eek:) are dead :cool:
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if it was announced that Tiffany was returning, the initial reaction would be 'yay' however, when screened, it could be awful. I don't even know why I mention it because it won't happen :p

I suppose the only way they COULD do it is she arranged for Frank to come round the corner, pretend to kill her off so she could flee the square to get away from Grant..however it's far fetched & she loved Courtney to bits so wouldn't have left without her.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was Martine's decision to leave, so she couldn't really expect the door to be left open for her to return, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't but that is the risk you take when you choose to go!
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    Well it was Martine's decision to leave, so she couldn't really expect the door to be left open for her to return, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't but that is the risk you take when you choose to go!

I guess but she did only want a tempory leave apparently, however the producer at the time apparently was like 'Martine can't have her cake and it' and killed Tiffany off. Which i guess is understandable but at that time she was pretty much the favourite soap character all round.

This is a really interesting documentry about why Tiff was killed off and the reasons behind it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDhbRN8Cxs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she could be Tiffany's long lost twin sister separated at birth (kidding)?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,936
    Forum Member
    does she never stop going on about it? shes probably sad because she cant go back :yawn:
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading the very same article over 10 years ago!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    She was my favourite character when I first started watching EE, dunno why actually she was pretty crap compared to other females now and in the past... everyone seemed to be behind Martine until she left EE...
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They killed her character off because she was a monumental pain in the arse acting like the queen of the show.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted she was killed off

It was a MASSIVE mistake as was killing of Michelle Collins chaarcter Cindy who imo was the best female character Ees ever and will ever have
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I heard she was killed off because she was bragging about her potential pop career and if it didn't work out then she could stroll back into EE and the producers weren't having that.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it strange as to why Martine's pop career actually flopped.

I mean, when you think about it, she could indeed actually sing, I mean ok, her voice wasn't powerful, but it certainly wasn't unbearable.

so as to why she didn't make it music wise - is a bit of a mystery in my opinion.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    I find it strange as to why Martine's pop career actually flopped.

I mean, when you think about it, she could indeed actually sing, I mean ok, her voice wasn't powerful, but it certainly wasn't unbearable.

so as to why she didn't make it music wise - is a bit of a mystery in my opinion.

It hardly flopped.. This is my moment went to number 1
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

No mystery to me - she's a good-looking girl, quite a good actress but a cr*p singer, imo.

Her first single only did well on the back of her popularity as Tiffany.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I think Martine is beautiful and a fair enough actor but she's allegedly really hard to work with and lazy with it. I feel terrible saying it as I know she's a really down to earth lovely person but apparently the work ethic has passed her by.

It seems to me if you're in a soap and you discuss a bit of time out with the producers and they decide to permanently kill you off, then sure enough they've had enough of you.
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    over 12 years ago and just tells us now. She will be 92 and still be reminding us. let it go martina
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a big mistake to kill her off.She wanted the door left open for a return and in that case,that's what should have happened.It seems more like an act of spite on the producer's behalf : she was a huge character on the show.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard she was killed off because she was bragging about her potential pop career and if it didn't work out then she could stroll back into EE and the producers weren't having that.

She wouldn't be the first soap character to tell the producers she wanted to leave : many have done so over the years and eventually returned.Killing off a character who the actor doesn't want to see killed off always appears like an act of spite.
    Forum Member
    I also think it was wrong to kill her off, it's a stupid choice when thinking about how to exit any big part actor, you never know when you might NEED them back apart from anything else.

Although her death did create the major xmas episodes that year..... gosh 12 years ago already! eeek
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    She wouldn't be the first soap character to tell the producers she wanted to leave : many have done so over the years and eventually returned.Killing off a character who the actor doesn't want to see killed off always appears like an act of spite.

what about an actor saying they were leaving in a couple of years time only for a producer to kill them off earlier than they intended to leave? does that happen ?
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about an actor saying they were leaving in a couple of years time only for a producer to kill them off earlier than they intended to leave? does that happen ?

hey monnalisa do you watch corrie or hollyoaks. They are stepping there game up arent the and contending against the likes of eastenders and home and away .:)
    Forum Member

IMO a soap actor would have to be bonkers to go around running their mouth off about 'alternative plans' or other work offers.

It must be really hard to be always keeping your eye open for something bigger and better, ie a movie part or something, and being 'trapped' in a soap character role. After all, how many people who walk away from soaps actually 'make it' in the long term? Although of all those people, Martine had a great chance at success it's only her bad attitude that's hampered her.

Seems to me that no matter what your character part is in a soap, if you play the role well and are a reliable employee who gets on well with everyone, they would never write you out permanently so much as play around with your character. I'm fairly sure there are some soap stars who are on old style permanent contracts and literally CAN'T be got rid of.
    Forum Member
    IMO a soap actor would have to be bonkers to go around running their mouth off about 'alternative plans' or other work offers.

It must be really hard to be always keeping your eye open for something bigger and better, ie a movie part or something, and being 'trapped' in a soap character role. After all, how many people who walk away from soaps actually 'make it' in the long term? Although of all those people, Martine had a great chance at success it's only her bad attitude that's hampered her.

Seems to me that no matter what your character part is in a soap, if you play the role well and are a reliable employee who gets on well with everyone, they would never write you out permanently so much as play around with your character. I'm fairly sure there are some soap stars who are on old style permanent contracts and literally CAN'T be got rid of.

i think you read my Q wrong. i mean if someone gives a couple of years notice to when they want to leave but the producer is bitter and doesnt renew the contract?