The Impossible

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Went to see this again the other day, took my Mother this time. She was adamant that she wouldn't cry.

She cried the whole way through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really didnt know if i'd like the film but i was really pleasantly surprised, great acting and i am glad i saw it
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this again earlier - amazing! Just as good second time round
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this. Absolutely incredible film. Very moving, and well acted by everyone. I don't usually like child actors...but the 3 kids were all brilliant.

I didn't cry, but I was extremely sad and moved in places. However, I definitely think I would have cried had:
    Naomi Watts' character died during surgery. I was seriously preparing myself for that to happen. But of course, it's based on a true story, so the narrative couldn't be worked like that.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    It was a very good film although it did leave me a bit drained. Tom Holland was very good as was Naomi Watts. The effects were incredible considering it's a midbudget film.

Slightly spoilerish but Did anyone notice
    the naked man walking down as they were riding in the truck, did strike me as a odd thing to include

Yes I did.

I thought it was just an illustration of how surreal,unnerving and upsetting the aftermath was - people lying around screaming, someone so shocked that they just keep walking down the road even though they were naked, pick up trucks full of bodies.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just after seeing it. Amazing film never cried so much in a film before.