1100s laggy

dormermikedormermike Posts: 10
Forum Member
Hi

Browsing the EPG it's Laggy and even switching between pages it's not super quick.

Any setting I can change to speed it up? EPG in particular is a little painful to use.

Thanks
Mike

Comments

• egalegal Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Did you try switching it off at the mains for a few seconds and back on again?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egal wrote: »
    Did you try switching it off at the mains for a few seconds and back on again?

Make a note (or photograph the recording schedule) as you will need to re-enter. Carry out a reset to factory defaults.
  • dormermikedormermike Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Tried turning off at mains yes but didn't have to reenter anything.

Tbh I don't think it's got worse I think it'd fairly laggy since I had it. I read somewhere if you view the epg it pulls the info in "live" but there is a way to view it cached ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dormermike wrote: »
    Tried turning off at mains yes but didn't have to reenter anything.

Tbh I don't think it's got worse I think it'd fairly laggy since I had it. I read somewhere if you view the epg it pulls the info in "live" but there is a way to view it cached ?

Turning off the mains does not factory reset the box. I think you are thinking of the Foxsat-HDR re a cached epg. If you look at the epg while recording two it must be using a cached copy as there is no tuner to access the freesat home transponder.

Use the time skip keys to move epg time slot. To move to a different channel quickly tap in the channel number.

Factory Reset (note you can't do this if box is recording or about to record in next 15 mins)

Settings - System Settings - Factory Default (default PIN is 0000)
    Forum Member
    So is anyone else using this box and are they happy with the performance ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It has the same software as all the other Humax Freetime boxes (presumably shares most of the same hardware). I have no epg speed issues with my HDR1000S. Did you try the factory reset ?
  • peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I have the same box no problems, I thought there might be at the price they sell for half the price of my old humax hdr, but no another great box from humax
    Forum Member
    ive not reset to factory defaults yet for two reasons. Firstly im sceptical it'll work, and even if it does, i'm not happy to be reseting to default settings every six months as secondly, i'll lose my recordings I think?

I'll certainly have to reinstall netflix app etc?
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do NOT loose the recordings. but you do loose the recording schedule which you will need to re-enter. Take a photo of the schedule with your phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive not reset to factory defaults yet for two reasons. Firstly im sceptical it'll work, and even if it does, i'm not happy to be reseting to default settings every six months as secondly, i'll lose my recordings I think?

I'll certainly have to reinstall netflix app etc?

Other than the recording schedule (due to the freesat retune) and resetting any changes to defaults (like the box output volume) you will not lose anything. And you certainly will not lose the netflix app etc).

I posted this back on the 14th July, if you were unsure why didn't you ask instead of making your own totally incorrect assumptions ?
    Forum Member
    Other than the recording schedule (due to the freesat retune) and resetting any changes to defaults (like the box output volume) you will not lose anything. And you certainly will not lose the netflix app etc).

I posted this back on the 14th July, if you were unsure why didn't you ask instead of making your own totally incorrect assumptions ?

I didn't reply back as I've been busy and not been using the humax I don't watch much TV.

So I did the factory reset and it is exactly the same...

Thanks for your help I do appreciate it (everyone) I think perhaps I'm expecting too much ? It is bloody slow though. Perhaps a video might show what I mean.

And.. it DID reset Netflix -had to reenter password etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't reply back as I've been busy and not been using the humax I don't watch much TV.

So I did the factory reset and it is exactly the same...

Thanks for your help I do appreciate it (everyone) I think perhaps I'm expecting too much ? It is bloody slow though. Perhaps a video might show what I mean.

And.. it DID reset Netflix -had to reenter password etc.

Re-entering the password is not losing Netflix, it's a change to default settings as previously mentioned, losing it would it not being present in the On Demand section.

Which epg operations are slow ? Suspect you don't know the shortcuts to change the epg viewpoint. If you try and move more than a few channels or the time slots using the arrow keys it is slow, but you don't have to use these.
    Forum Member
    Yes am using the arrow keys on the remote click click click and it moves 2 spaces slowly. E.g. often misses a click. Rendering the screen is slow too especially moving from on demand (which is now not working btw) to the EPG.

What keys can I use to move through the epg row by row other than the arrow keys?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes am using the arrow keys on the remote click click click and it moves 2 spaces slowly. E.g. often misses a click. Rendering the screen is slow too especially moving from on demand (which is now not working btw) to the EPG.

What keys can I use to move through the epg row by row other than the arrow keys?

Why do you want to go through the epg line by line ? You can see 7 programmes at once ? The next 7 is available with a single key push.

The programme up down buttons move a whole screen up down in one push.

The top pair of forward/reverse skip keys move one screen left or right in one push.

The skip keys under these these move 24 hrs forwards and backwards.

Pressing the channel numbers move instantly to the same time and date in the epg for the channel number entered. eg if you are looking at 106 tapping 1 2 6 jumps instantly to Channel 4 HD.

The 24 hr skip keys and Page Down/Up keys are identified at the bottom of the epg

If you mean the OD section is missing from the menus, leave the box on BBC 1 for say 20 minutes, in that time the Freesat servers should restore OD for you provided the box is connected to the internet.

What do you mean OD is not working, is that via the On Demand option in the menus or the backwards epg ? If via the epg what channel are you going back from ?

EDIT Top right/left skip key works in backwards epg, Just tested it on mine, instantly jumps from today to live epg.
    Forum Member
    Thanks

Good tip on program up and down. I still think the UI rendering is slow but moving 7 at a time is better.

On demand is saying "on demand is not currently available ". Was working last night after I did the factory reset as I watched layer cake on Netflix. It decided to stop working this morning.

I get to OD via the home button then on demand. Network and Internet access is wired and working.

Any ideas please ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks

Good tip on program up and down. I still think the UI rendering is slow but moving 7 at a time is better.

On demand is saying "on demand is not currently available ". Was working last night after I did the factory reset as I watched layer cake on Netflix. It decided to stop working this morning.

I get to OD via the home button then on demand. Network and Internet access is wired and working.

Any ideas please ?

Has your box updated to new software version 3.00.44 ?

On Demand missing from my 1000S this morning. Most likely freesat server issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On demand back on my HDR1000S after two re-boots.