Options

Have you ever gave your home a good energy cleanse with salt?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I haven't tried the salt thing, but I do have garlands of garlic draped over the front and back doors and around my bed. The one thing about living in East Sussex I never could stomach is all the damn vampires.

Why are you in East Sussex, Grandpa?
  • Options
    tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong!

I bought a 10kg bag of de-icing salt from Lidl last winter and have been sprinkling it all over the house ever since.

Not once - I reiterate, not once - has Puff the magic dragon run amok in my house ever since.

I know he never ran amok before that either, but it's obvious that the salt has kept him at bay through the last 12 months, and I'm terrified over what I'll do when the bag runs out. I literally don't know what I'll do.

Maybe buy another bag from the same shop or something?
    Oh dear, oh dear! You do know that de-cing salt, like dishwasher salt, probably contains a small amount of sodium ferrocyanide. You've been poisoning the poor animal!

(PS Just in case anyone gets worried, sodium ferrocyanide is not the same as sodium cyanide. :))
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Is there really no end to the daft outpourings of the new-age mystic industry?

Unfortunately not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Is there really no end to the daft outpourings of the new-age mystic industry?

Unfortunately not.

Edit, Beaten to it.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - because I do not believe in total and utter cobblers.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    No, but I frequently daub my walls with the excrement of lesbians to ward off evil spirits.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    No, but I frequently daub my walls with the excrement of lesbians to ward off evil spirits.

What a coincidence. I often spray my walls with white spirits to ward off evil lesbians.
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    What a coincidence. I often spray my walls with white spirits to ward off evil lesbians.

Don't lesbians like white spirits? I swear I've seen them drinking vodka and bacardi before.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good for repelling slugs, but that's about it. Do bad spirits reside in slugs? :-)
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good for repelling slugs, but that's about it. Do bad spirits reside in slugs? :-)

It doesn't 'repell' slugs
    It basically sucks all the water out of them :o And kills rather than repels them

Which is pretty evil of salt really.:D
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Why are you in East Sussex, Grandpa?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    It's refreshing that people can rip the piss out of the beliefs of the New Age believers with impunity, but please don't get carried away and attempt to tape some bacon rashers the door handles of your local Mosque.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-27941589
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this salt cleansing business is somebody's strange spin-off idea, based on sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), which actually is brilliant for deodorising and freshening carpet, especially deep pile. You sprinkle it around (like shake'n'vac), leave it overnight and then vacuum it, and it does wonders.

You can also put a dish of bicarb in your fridge to deodorise that.

Regular salt to cleanse the energy of your house though? Well, I guess we shouldn't diss it if we've never tried it, but.....
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    You're lucky. In West Sussex we have to put up with hordes of the living dead shuffling around Worthing High Street trying to lacerate your ankles with the wheels of tartan shopping trolleys.

We scare them off with fireworks in Lewes. And throw the shopping trolleys into the Ouse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    The one thing about living in East Sussex I never could stomach is all the damn vampires.
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    You're lucky. In West Sussex we have to put up with hordes of the living dead shuffling around Worthing High Street trying to lacerate your ankles with the wheels of tartan shopping trolleys.
    LakieLady wrote: »
    We scare them off with fireworks in Lewes. And throw the shopping trolleys into the Ouse.
    Oh good ... nothing's changed then :D:D:D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    No because I'm not an idiot.

:D Straight and to the point.