The Apprentice 2012 Spoilers Thread *caution: may be spoilers*

PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
Forum Member
Don't know if there's any spoiler pictures floating about on Twitter so for now we'll just have to resort to the old fashioned method: studying the intro sequence (future task clips start about 2 minutes in on iPlayer).

Since it seems to remain girls vs boys next week we can rule out the following candidates from being fired in week 2:

Adam, Ricky, Stephen and possibly Katie are running with food in their hands (the boys have aprons on).

Tom and Jade are at a junkyard.

Azhar and Jane are seen doing taste testing.

Katie is definitely seen in the aerobics class with Tom and Stephen.

Duane, Laura and Nick are disputing in a car together.

There's also an interesting shot of 5 people at 2:07 on iPlayer walking into some kind of light. Nick appears to be the one on the far left, Ricky is possibly the one on the second right, and either Katie or Laura is on the far right but I've no idea who the other 2 are (both women though).

Anyway, short term, the people who could be fired next are:

Sterling:

Maria (although there's a shot of her looking gobsmacked in the BR in the intro, she's wearing the same bloody purple blouse she always wears so there's no telling when it's from - it might even have been from this episode and I missed it but I don't remember seeing it)
Jenna
Gabrielle

Phoenix:

Michael

PS: Per the BR shot from the end of You're Fired!, Jane and Azhar are the PMs next week but neither one gets fired.

Comments

• TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it could be Jenna fired next week, that's my hunch.

Overall I'm much more impressed with the guys than I am with the girls, but I like Jade and I think Katie can bounce back and do much better.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    There's also an interesting shot of 5 people at 2:07 on iPlayer walking into some kind of light. Nick appears to be the one on the far left, Ricky is possibly the one on the second right, and either Katie or Laura is on the far right but I've no idea who the other 2 are (both women though).

At a guess I would say Gabrielle (on the left) and Jade (on the right). Which might make it Laura on the far right, as that would make sense regarding the aerobics class sub-team (and Laura seems to go for lighter colour in clothing, while Katie has a black look).

There is also a clip of Laura, Maria and Katie in the car (two clips even, the first one only showing Laura and Maria).

Based on the evidence I think that Jenna or Micheal will be fired next week.

Will be very interesting to learn the week 3 task, as it might put a few more people in the danger zone.
  • ellie-wellieellie-wellie Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    At a guess I would say Gabrielle (on the left) and Jade (on the right). Which might make it Laura on the far right, as that would make sense regarding the aerobics class sub-team (and Laura seems to go for lighter colour in clothing, while Katie has a black look).

There is also a clip of Laura, Maria and Katie in the car (two clips even, the first one only showing Laura and Maria).

Based on the evidence I think that Jenna or Micheal will be fired next week.

Will be very interesting to learn the week 3 task, as it might put a few more people in the danger zone.

Week 3 is 'Condiments'.
    'Alan Sugar mixes the boys and girls up and then challenges the collective business brains to produce and sell their own flavours of condiments.'

Suggests another girls' team loss next week.
    Forum Member
    Week 3 is 'Condiments'.
    'Alan Sugar mixes the boys and girls up and then challenges the collective business brains to produce and sell their own flavours of condiments.'

So, after googling condiments (a strange word for a foreign chap like me), this seems to be the task were the boys (and Katie?) are running towards the car and the task where we see Jane (amongs others) tasting the food in the kitchen.

Suggests another girls' team loss next week.

No, the teams are usually mixed up in week 3. Though it does seem more likely, as you can just see Lord Sugar saying something about how the teams aren't equally divided.
    Forum Member
    Based on the intro, I think the following candidates are safe until at least episode 4:

Stephen
    Adam
    Tom
    Azhar

Jade
    Laura
    Katie

Jane (giving a presentation in a blue dress, if not next week then it might be some time for this clip to feature) and Gabrielle (one of the girls walking towards those stage lights?) are also very good options.

The shot of the three girls in the car is almost definitely from next weeks episode, as it seems from other shots that Laura and Katie are on different teams after that (not certain what happens to Maria).

Also, this is the BBC description of the tasks this series:

the candidates will design a new household gadget, produce a condiment, open a junk shop, create a fitness DVD, represent urban/street artists and promote English sparkling wine.

Could this be the correct order (obviously with additional tasks after the wine one, which heavily favours people like Tom and Jane)? The intro clips would then all come from the first 5 tasks (and nothing from later in the series).
  • BelligerentBossBelligerentBoss Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Sugar mixes the boys and girls up and then challenges the collective business brains to produce and sell their own flavours of condiments. One team decides on a Mediterranean-style ketchup, while the other opts for a chilli chutney - but when the time comes to show off their products to a high-end deli, a mistake with the recipe sees the latter team pitching to the bemused buyers without any samples.
    Forum Member
    Taken from another forum:

´´The apprentice were filming in Edinburgh today (October 23). They had a stall selling meatballs on Gorgie Road and one in the Grassmarket. Karen Brady was at the Gorgie Rd one and Nick was at the Grassmarket.

Next series will have the Jambos on it. My mate bought Meatballs and I chatted to this hot blonde in a silly costume. My mate had to sign a form giving his permission to be on TV.´´

Pretty sure that this is seen in the intro clip with the guys (plus Katie aka hot blonde) running towards the car, the architecture and roads resembles the pictures of Grassmarket.

This will probably be episode 6 or 7 (I remember that the twitter picture of Susan and Jim last year was dated at the end of October for episode 10).
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken from another forum:

´´The apprentice were filming in Edinburgh today (October 23). They had a stall selling meatballs on Gorgie Road and one in the Grassmarket. Karen Brady was at the Gorgie Rd one and Nick was at the Grassmarket.

Next series will have the Jambos on it. My mate bought Meatballs and I chatted to this hot blonde in a silly costume. My mate had to sign a form giving his permission to be on TV.´´

Pretty sure that this is seen in the intro clip with the guys (plus Katie aka hot blonde) running towards the car, the architecture and roads resembles the pictures of Grassmarket.

This will probably be episode 6 or 7 (I remember that the twitter picture of Susan and Jim last year was dated at the end of October for episode 10).

I may be wrong, but couldn't Laura be interpreted as a hot blonde as well? It may just be me, but Katie wasn't exactly "hot" based on her appearance in Episode 1.

EDIT: I mean Katie could still be in the task, but couldn't the hot blonde the guy was talking about be either Laura or Katie?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the teams are usually mixed up in week 3. Though it does seem more likely, as you can just see Lord Sugar saying something about how the teams aren't equally divided.

No, they're not; sorry,

Series 1 - Mixed in Week 3 after the girls lost twice in a row.
    Series 2 - Mixed in Week 4, but not properly until Week 5, after girls won Week 1 and boys won Week 2.
    Series 3 - The teams were already mixed with Jadine and Andy, but proper mixing didn't happen until Week 4 (after boys win Week 1 and girls win Week 2.
    Series 4 - Teams mixed in Week 4 after a girls win Week 1 and boys win Week 2.
    Series 5 - Teams mixed in Week 3 after boys win Week 1 and girls win Week 2 however a boy quit at the start of the season, so team numbers were always screwed up.
    Series 6 - Teams mixed in Week 2 after girls win Week 1 and Raleigh quitting in Week 2. Teams fully mixed in Week 3.
    Series 7 - Teams mixed in Week 3 after boys lost twice in Weeks 1 and 2.

To me, mixing up the teams in Week 3 definitely suggests the boys win again. In fact, I am now sure that Jenna will get fired next week (possibly Maria, though)

Also, the girl's pitch that's shown next week is worrying. Jane asking for a £9,000,000 order is alienating one pitch already, whilst the boy's product may seem crap, but at least it appears they don't make such a big mistake on one pitch!
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but couldn't Laura be interpreted as a hot blonde as well? It may just be me, but Katie wasn't exactly "hot" based on her appearance in Episode 1.

EDIT: I mean Katie could still be in the task, but couldn't the hot blonde the guy was talking about be either Laura or Katie?

Yes, only realised this after posting it (the initial post on that forum also goes on about one of the teams having inside knowledge based on their location for the stall, so I guess that the Scot is still on board by that time, the opening intro also suggests this).

This would mean that they saw the other team, not the team in the intro (which had a blonde in a suit, which by default would be Katie).

As for mixing up the teams, didn´t do the proper research there (just assumed it), so the women will probably take another loss and Jenna/Maria will be fired.

Which will lead to these teams?? (guessing now, as on Wednesday we will already know for certain):

Ricky
    Adam
    Stephen
    Azhar
    Tom
    Katie
    Jane

Duane
    Nick
    Michael
    Jenna/Maria
    Laura
    Gabrielle
    Jade

Pure guesswork, mainly based on the intro (and we know that Lord Sugar likes to switch things up).

Katie with mainly the men is clear and a woman can be seen behind Stephen in the boardroom (who is not Katie, as she doesn´t do curves much).

So, we have the following tasks ahead of us:

- Design a gadget (task 2)
    - Produce a condiment (task 3)
    - Open a junk shop (task ?)
    - Sell food in Scotland (task ?)
    - Create a fitness DVD (task ?)
    - Represent street artists (task ?)
    - Promote English sparking wine (task ?)

Assuming it is 11 tasks like last year, then we still miss 3 more tasks (and it will be interesting to spot those last 2 tasks in one of the upcoming intros).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, only realised this after posting it (the initial post on that forum also goes on about one of the teams having inside knowledge based on their location for the stall, so I guess that the Scot is still on board by that time, the opening intro also suggests this).

This would mean that they saw the other team, not the team in the intro (which had a blonde in a suit, which by default would be Katie).

As for mixing up the teams, didn´t do the proper research there (just assumed it), so the women will probably take another loss and Jenna/Maria will be fired.

Which will lead to these teams?? (guessing now, as on Wednesday we will already know for certain):

Ricky
    Adam
    Stephen
    Azhar
    Tom
    Katie
    Jane

Duane
    Nick
    Michael
    Jenna/Maria
    Laura
    Gabrielle
    Jade

Pure guesswork, mainly based on the intro (and we know that Lord Sugar likes to switch things up).

Katie with mainly the men is clear and a woman can be seen behind Stephen in the boardroom (who is not Katie, as she doesn´t do curves much).

So, we have the following tasks ahead of us:

- Design a gadget (task 2)
    - Produce a condiment (task 3)
    - Open a junk shop (task ?)
    - Sell food in Scotland (task ?)
    - Create a fitness DVD (task ?)
    - Represent street artists (task ?)
    - Promote English sparking wine (task ?)

Assuming it is 11 tasks like last year, then we still miss 3 more tasks (and it will be interesting to spot those last 2 tasks in one of the upcoming intros).

I agree with everything here, bar a small issue on your team predictions. Assuming a girl gets fired next week, to me, it would make more sense to have four guys and three girls on each team. So, I would swap ether Gabrielle or Jenna/Maria with Tom (who is seen with Jade in one of the intros)

EDIT: By the way, just thinking about these tasks, it seems to me as though the Sparkling Wine or the fitness DVD will be the advertising task (probably the former), whilst the sell food in Scotland task to me suggests an equivalent of the Biscuit task last year and the Popcorn task on the Young Apprentice, where they have to create a new type of food, brand it and pitch it to retailers.
    Forum Member
    I agree with everything here, bar a small issue on your team predictions. Assuming a girl gets fired next week, to me, it would make more sense to have four guys and three girls on each team. So, I would swap ether Gabrielle or Jenna/Maria with Tom (who is seen with Jade in one of the intros)

Well, Tom is also seen with Katie on the fitness DVD task, so all we really know is that he swaps teams a lot (or the ladies are on the same team).

EDIT: By the way, just thinking about these tasks, it seems to me as though the Sparkling Wine or the fitness DVD will be the advertising task (probably the former), whilst the sell food in Scotland task to me suggests an equivalent of the Biscuit task last year and the Popcorn task on the Young Apprentice, where they have to create a new type of food, brand it and pitch it to retailers.

The sparkling wine task reminds me of the cheese task in France (from series 3), though offcourse the Scotland task is already the task abroad (so, perhaps a combination).
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom should be good at the wine task as he is in a wine business... that is if he makes it to that task.
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom should be good at the wine task as he is in a wine business... that is if he makes it to that task.

PM and then fired as he chuffs it up.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the looks of things Jenna / Maria will be fired. Most probably Jenna :(

Hope though the boys lose and Michael goes instead :D

Maria and Jenna look like good characters. But on the preview Jenna is doing the figures so that is a dangerous place to be.
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    ACTUAL SPOILERS:
    Phoenix win, Jane chooses Maria and Jenna to come back into the boardroom with her, per an article on Unreality, apparently Jenna screwed the sales figures up so I'd imagine she'll go
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    I can't remember who any of these people are yet, so even reading spoilers I'm still not "spoiled".
    Forum Member
    So, Katie switches with Nick and Duane next week. Will be interesting to see if he does this purely because Katie is invisible on tasks according to some (as she is also the PM) or that he has been briefed about the fact that some of the girls want to take a stab at her.

Surely this means that Phoenix takes another win next week :confused: Can´t see Katie surviving a PM loss, though it doesn´t look like he fires the PM, and all of the boys on her team are seen in other intro clips (only the Michael and Azhar in a car clip seems like it could be from next week, Azhar is definitely through as he can be spotted in a new clip for the fitness video task)

Unless the guys (with their customes) running with Katie towards the car is from next week, but still think that is the food related task in Scotland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That opening shot always hacks me off as it looks exciting but you then see who survives till further into the competition. After seeing the first two episodes I can see which girls have a brain and fair enough Laura came up with the splash splash idea but it was just that an idea and Jane ran with it, so I can see Laura and Katie surviving. Tullisa from N-Dubz sorry Jade seems alright and could probably survive but I don't know enough about the girls other than I can't stand Jane and Jenna.

Who is the other girl with Katie next week on the boys show?
    Forum Member
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Who is the other girl with Katie next week on the boys show?

Katie is the only girl on their team (the boys) next week and is probably launched as PM by Lord Sugar (thanks to Jenna and Jane).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see I just assumed if Nick was switching as well then there would be 2 girls moving - yes I reckon she will be PM like Stella was and this will show her personality and how she can control the boys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have an actual spoiler next week!
    In the boardroom clip, Phoenix are clearly on the left and Sterling are obviously on the right.

The teams are:

Phoenix

Katie - PM
    Michael
    Ricky
    Azhar
    Tom
    Adam
    Stephen

Sterling

Duane - PM
    Nick
    Jane
    Jenna
    Laura
    Jade
    Gabrielle

However, Ricky is seen sitting down in the right-hand side boardroom in the You're Fired preview clip and it looks like he's doing a loser's interview in the same clip.
    The tie he's wearing is identical in both clips. Plus he's standing up in the results boardroom clip and sitting down in the preview, suggesting its a different boardroom session and therefore Phoenix lose!

Therefore it appears that Phoenix lose for the first time and Katie somehow escapes!
    Azhar/Michael to go I think.

EDIT: Apparently, Azhar is safe! (Don't know how, his edit is screaming he's useless!) Must be Michael to go next week, then.
    Forum Member
    EDIT: Apparently, Azhar is safe! (Don't know how, his edit is screaming he's useless!) Must be Michael to go next week, then.

Just noticed this myself, rather a huge spoiler given in the preview.

And yes, Michael will be fired next week. Also look out for most of the women predicting the PM to get fired instead :rolleyes: Perhaps a repeat of series 3 (where Adam and Kristina got shunned upon their arrival back at the house).

Shame, as this could have been her moment to shine (next week most people on the forums will be against her again).

This also means that no PM has been fired in the first 3 weeks (a record?). Which makes it a good bet that the PM will be fired in task 4.

For me, Tom is a difficult candidate to judge based on the intro/previews. It will be a matter of what task comes first for him (the fitness task has him with the boys, while the junkyard task has him with Jade and in one of the intro´s he can be seen sitting next to Jane in the boardroom).

Likewise Stephen actually, as in some clips a woman (not Katie) can be seen standing behind him.
    Forum Member
    Task 4 (Wednesday 11 April):

4/12. The contestants open second-hand shops in London's East End, home to a thriving market in retro and refurbished household goods. Buying their stock from junk parlours, car-boot sales and auctions - and even rifling through rubbish bins - one team choose quality over quantity, seeking out a few choice items, while the other fill their shop with bric-a-brac which they hope to spruce up later. But when they open their doors to the public, it soon becomes clear that mistakes have been made on both sides.

This means that Jade doesn´t have any direct proof of surviving into week 5 (though there are a few boardroom clips which could be her in the background).

Could it be Jade who switches to the (mainly) boys team? Probably, as that would explain the female figure in the boardroom behind Stephen and Ricky on different occasions.

And the fitness video task will probably follow this task, though I hope for some new intro clips next week.

Based on the information so far, the following candidates seem like good bets to fall before episode 7 (and therefore not making it into the final 10, bar a double firing):

Michael
    Jenna
    Duane
    Azhar

(the first 2 are certainties, the other 2 are guesses, will all depend on the intro clips used in next week´s task)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Task 4 (Wednesday 11 April):

4/12. The contestants open second-hand shops in London's East End, home to a thriving market in retro and refurbished household goods. Buying their stock from junk parlours, car-boot sales and auctions - and even rifling through rubbish bins - one team choose quality over quantity, seeking out a few choice items, while the other fill their shop with bric-a-brac which they hope to spruce up later. But when they open their doors to the public, it soon becomes clear that mistakes have been made on both sides.

This means that Jade doesn´t have any direct proof of surviving into week 5 (though there are a few boardroom clips which could be her in the background).

Could it be Jade who switches to the (mainly) boys team? Probably, as that would explain the female figure in the boardroom behind Stephen and Ricky on different occasions.

And the fitness video task will probably follow this task, though I hope for some new intro clips next week.

Based on the information so far, the following candidates seem like good bets to fall before episode 7 (and therefore not making it into the final 10, bar a double firing):

Michael
    Jenna
    Duane
    Azhar

(the first 2 are certainties, the other 2 are guesses, will all depend on the intro clips used in next week´s task)

I'm not sure TBH, we are basing all this on the preview clips the BBC have edited and they could be taken from parts of an episode we could least expect. I have a feeling they are setting Jenna up to be this years James or Raef, the loveable comedy character and could last quite a while :rolleyes:

Also the your fired by LS does seem to be towards the PM this week and I cannot see him firing Duane as he seems like a strong contender.