Options

Dance Queen Dannii Minogue music comeback? (No negative comments!)

124»

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    And neither do you.

Yes but I'm not stating I know things for a fact sweetheart
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Yes but I'm not stating I know things for a fact sweetheart

No, you're just making yourself look silly, sweetheart :o

Dear me.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    No, you're just making yourself look silly, sweetheart :o

Dear me.

No I'm not. Just because I'm disagreeing with you and pointing some stuff out you don't like, doesn't mean I'm making myself look silly. I'll think you'll find its you people are disagreeing with.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't really call myself a fan of hers, but I love Neon Nights. Such a great album. I haven't heard her other albums.It would be great if she could come back and make another album as great as Neon Nights but that's hard to do.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    No I'm not. Just because I'm disagreeing with you and pointing some stuff out you don't like, doesn't mean I'm making myself look silly. I'll think you'll find its you people are disagreeing with.

I really couldn't care less if people are disagreeing with me, I stand by what I said.

You got narky with me by saying I was boring you and then sarcastically called me sweetheart, there was no need to adopt that tone, I wasn't insulting you.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii Minogue had an awful reputation in the music industry in the 1990s/early 2000s. I think it's fair to say that it's only really since The X-Factor that she's emerged from Kylie's shadow. For many years Dannii was primarily known as either the other Minogue or Kylie's sister, especially in the UK. It's my personal opinion that Dannii only scored a record deal with Mushroom Records in the first place because of Kylie and the success she'd achieved. Dannii had been kicking about on Australian television for a large part of the 1980s but she didn't actually score a record deal or release an album until after Kylie had exploded on the music scene with her first two albums in 1988 and 1989. I guess Mushroom Records were hoping the success they'd achieved with Kylie would rub off on Dannii, especially since her debut album was released on the back of her popular year-long stint on Home and Away, something that worked for Kylie after her role as Charlene on Neighbours.

Dannii's released a few good dance/pop songs over the years, mostly since 1997, but I wouldn't really call myself a fan.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Sorry to bring thie thread up, but she is releasing music in August? Will it just be released in Australia, or the UK too? I am just wondering.:)
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is it: The very best of Dannii Minogue is out August 23 Australia.

Then a digital release in New Zealand and London.

I look forward to hearing 'cos you are beautiful'.

I hope she makes a new quality album soon like Girl and Neon Nights.

Club Disco sounded like cheap production.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope she makes a new quality album soon like Girl and Neon Nights.:)

Club Disco sounded like cheap production.:eek:
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope she makes a new quality album soon like Girl and Neon Nights.:)

Club Disco sounded like cheap production.:eek:

oh dear, another greatest hits album with token track recorded years ago and that dreadful duet with kylie.:sleep:

i do agree though about the production quality of "girl" and "neon nights" being way better than "club disco"
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I like Dannii. I perfer Kylie, but I do think some of Danniis solo stuff is as equally good or better than her sisters.

Disremembrance and All I Wanna Do are both just perfect.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a single?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I hope she makes a new quality album soon like Girl and Neon Nights.

Club Disco sounded like cheap production.

Thanks for the information. I have been reading her Twitter page and the album is released on ITunes only in the UK, but the cd will be released in Australia.

I think Both the cd and itunes should be released in the UK personally, because some people still like to have a physical format listening to an album.

Good luck to her. It is nice to see her releasing something, but it is a shame a new single is not released, instead of another greatest hits, with two songs, 'You are beautiful'' and her duet song with Kylie. I personally think she should have released a cd format with the A side-'You are beautiful' and her duet with Kylie as a B side.

Just my opinion, but new stuff would have been better than a rehash of her old stuff with two new songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it a single?

Think it is a greatest hits album with two unreleased songs added. 'You are beautiful', which was written by Ruth Lorenzo and an unreleased track with her and Kylie duet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, you would think she would release the cd format in the UK considering her music has been more successful in the UK than Australia.

Oh well, hoping this buzz will push her to give us a quality pop/dance album soon :-)
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE Dannii. Very underrated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Come to think of it, you would think she would release the cd format in the UK considering her music has been more successful in the UK than Australia.

Oh well, hoping this buzz will push her to give us a quality pop/dance album soon :-)

Dannii has not put a link on her Twitter page for people in the UK who want the cd format. You can get free shipping too. I think by doing this, she must know some people still like CD format, rather than Itunes:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii has not put a link on her Twitter page for people in the UK who want the cd format. You can get free shipping too. I think by doing this, she must know some people still like CD format, rather than Itunes:)

I noticed that & on her Facebook too. I hope this album does well. I'm only buying for the 2 new tracks one with with Kylie not new but new to a collection. Shame Dannii couldn't promote it over here just one interview perhaps Graham Norton would've been good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I noticed that & on her Facebook too. I hope this album does well. I'm only buying for the 2 new tracks one with with Kylie not new but new to a collection. Shame Dannii couldn't promote it over here just one interview perhaps Graham Norton would've been good.

I doubt Graham Norton would have her on his show, considering in the past he has done nothing but slate her and he is close friends with Sharon. I think she could have done Lorraine, or This Morning though, but I doubt she has time with The X Factor right now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Graham Norton would have her on his show, considering in the past he has done nothing but slate her and he is close friends with Sharon. I think she could have done Lorraine, or This Morning though, but I doubt she has time with The X Factor right now

I'd forgot about that shame on him. Hate people like that you didn't see Kylie being funny to Sharon at the Brits when Sharon presented. I only thought of Graham as Alan Carr's not on at the moment. I think the X Factor is pre filmed or are they at boot camp if they are then i take back what i said about promo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd forgot about that shame on him. Hate people like that you didn't see Kylie being funny to Sharon at the Brits when Sharon presented. I only thought of Graham as Alan Carr's not on at the moment. I think the X Factor is pre filmed or are they at boot camp if they are then i take back what i said about promo.

That shows the difference between Graham and Kylie. Kylie is a professional, whereas Graham isn't in my opinion

I do hope the album does well for Dannii, but some people may think another rehash of a greatest hits album is a bit much. I still think she would have been better off releasing a new single, then see how that does. If it did well, then release a new album, with lots of new songs. It is Dannii's decision though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That shows the difference between Graham and Kylie. Kylie is a professional, whereas Graham isn't in my opinion

I do hope the album does well for Dannii, but some people may think another rehash of a greatest hits album is a bit much. I still think she would have been better off releasing a new single, then see how that does. If it did well, then release a new album, with lots of new songs. It is Dannii's decision though

I agree for a chat show host he shouldn't be like that.

I do too & agree a new single would've been great. Shame Dannii didn't when she was on the u.k version. Still shes a popular celebrity so i hope this does well & inspires Dannii to get in the studio & work on album 6.