Claire gets job with Karen Brady and Alex is working for SirAlan!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
Forum Member
Accoriding to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1028394/Who-calling-loser-Apprentice-reject-Claire-hired--BIGGER-salary-Sir-Alan.html

Karen Brady has not only stuck by her promise to hire Claire if SirAlan didn't, but the job pays more than Lee is getting as the winner!

Shock No.2: Alex is apparently working for Viglen (as well as getting some modelling offers)!

Comments

• SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    What is the point in the absurdly fake picture in that article?
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »

Shock No.2: Alex is apparently working for Viglen (as well as getting some modelling offers)!

He isn't working for him now, he had a three month contract with him before the decision was made, I think the article got that bit muddled up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    He isn't working for him now, he had a three month contract with him before the decision was made, I think the article got that bit muddled up.

How do you know that? I sincerely hope it's true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know that? I sincerely hope it's true!

There were several articles in the media about it after the final, and also on DS....he had a three month contract, but it's over now. If you read the article, there is no source for his actually working for him, they state it like a fact. There source only talks out offers he has had.

Hang on and I'll see if I can find the DS article.

eta:

there it is:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/a100222/apprentice-alex-already-worked-for-sugar.html
    Apprentice finalist Alex Wotherspoon was hired to work for Sir Alan Sugar last year, according to The Sun.

The 25-year-old took on a three-month contract for Sugar's Viglen firm after he impressed Bordan Tkachuk, the company's chief executive.

A spokeswoman for the show said: "Alex decided to take up his offer and completed a short-term contract with a subsidiary company of Viglen, but he no longer works for them."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    What is the point in the absurdly fake picture in that article?

Are they trying to pass it off as a genuine picture of Claire and Karen standing next to each other? Ridiculous! But it is the Daily Mail... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    There were several articles in the media about it after the final, and also on DS....he had a three month contract, but it's over now. If you read the article, there is no source for his actually working for him, they state it like a fact. There source only talks out offers he has had.

Hang on and I'll see if I can find the DS article.

eta:

there it is:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/a100222/apprentice-alex-already-worked-for-sugar.html

i see, thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i see, thanks!

No worries, like I said they obviously didn't check they had their facts straight before going to press.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No worries, like I said they obviously didn't check they had their facts straight before going to press.

Yes you're right .. probably including the offer Karen made to Claire. It contradicts this what has been said here:

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3514
    The Mirror reports that Brady and Claire met to discuss job opportunities at Birmingham City. "I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. Karren Brady is a great role model.

"It's a modern and flexible job, but I would have to learn a lot more about the football industry if I was to take it.

"Also, I have lots of media commitments because of the show so it's difficult to take it up at the moment. We may talk again in the autumn."

This looks more realistic. Karren has just met Claire last Friday and I doubt they reached a final agreement in this meeting!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare is on The Wright Stuff this morning (Monday) and says she has had around 500 job offers ranging from the good, the bad and the ugly. She says she met Karen Brady last Friday and it is definitely going to happen, she starts work in the autumn and is really looking forward to bossing some men around.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    On the Wright Stuff this morning she has confirmed she'll be working with Karren in the autumn.