New password request - Yahoo

TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
Forum Member
✭✭
When I went to sign in for mail today a request came up from yahoo to change my password, which I did, as I had not changed it for a long time.
Afterwards I was wondering if it was a scam to access my emails
Has anyone else had this request?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I have ever in the entire history of t'interweb had Yahoo prompt me to change my password. In fact I think the only time I have changed my password on Yahoo was when it threw a hissy fit and wouldn't let me log in and I had to go through the pleasure (not!) of contacting their so called customer service to try and get it sorted.

Did you click on any link in the pop up or login to Yahoo normally using whatever web address you normally use and then go into your account settings to change the password? Clicking a link in a random pop up is never a good idea as you never know how legit it is.

If you have any concerns use the bog standard method to change the password again.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yahoo I find is no crap for logging in as I now have to use a password key think to log in and it don't work with Yahoo messenger only the Yahoo web messenger and I fine that not to be the same as the yahoo messenger that I was using now and again the last 5 years or so.

Darren
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I changed my password, just to be sure
    looked on line and there were various opinions as to whether it was a genuine request from Yahoo, but for peace of mind I changed it again anyway