Is there no longer an app for BBC shows?

tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
Forum Member
Got an android. I used to watch them on myplayer but BBC shows are no longer on there? Does Anyone know of any others?:confused:

Comments

• HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no there isn't..

if u have an Android such as HTC desire with the flash 10.1 player them u can stream off the BBC iplayer site...
  • swordsword Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    tvtimes wrote: »
    Got an android. I used to watch them on myplayer but BBC shows are no longer on there? Does Anyone know of any others?:confused:

Have a look for the old version of the app before latest upgrade which had to remove iplayer functions (google it) and then dont upgrade it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I have a Desire (2.2) and to watch iPlayer I use the built in browser and go direct the the iPlayer site ( you need to switch off mobile view in browser settings)
  • swordsword Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I have a Desire (2.2) and to watch iPlayer I use the built in browser and go direct the the iPlayer site ( you need to switch off mobile view in browser settings)

No good for those android phones that can't support 10.1 iplayer direct wont work
  • technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both myplayer and beebplayer are still out there, but no download option any more just stream over wifi or 3G. If you want the app and cant find it PM me
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    4shared is your friend.....
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    Aye Up wrote: »
    4shared is your friend.....

You're a legend!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackberry has a iPlayer app
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Blackberry has a iPlayer app

I wonder why Blackberry gets one but Android had theirs taken away? We used to have it till it updated itself but now i have downloaded the old version of 4shared thanks to the above poster.:D
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest version of skyline supports iplayer. Though I guess the version of android you are using needs to be factored in.

http://lifeonmymobile.com/2011/01/27/skyfire-updated-to-3-2-for-android/
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also found 4shared only via someone comment elsewhere.

This certainly means that they are victims of the 'Google taliban'
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlawful iPlayer apps get taken down for breach of copyright. This is hardly surprising.

The official iPlayer app is launching on iPhone next month. I imagine an Android version will come at some point later in the year. :)
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Android? tvcatchup/mobile for all the freeview channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im looking forward to the BBC iPlayer app next month!

;)
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the Beeb have any plans to port a native client to Maemo or Meego? Just that there are devs who would be willing to help them.

Would save hammering batteries while running Flash...