When do we find out which pro's are coming back/joining the show?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I did a search and saw that we found out the pro list for the most recent series on the 22nd of April last year. So I'm assuming we should find out who is coming back, and who the replacements for Ola/Kristina/Aliona are very soon?

Disturbingly I saw an article that someone had posted on Twitter where Anton has said he will come back if the producers still want him, and of course we know they bloody well will so it looks like he is returning>:(

I'm assuming Neil Jones as a replacement for Tristan, and possibly Emma Slater now she's left DWTS? Possibly Gleb's wife Elena as well, they are in the UK at the moment going from their Twitters/Instagrams, which I found quite interesting with the pro contracts being signed around Easter time.

I can see the men being Anton (>:(), Brendan, Pasha, Alijaz, Kevin, Giovanni, Gleb and Neil. I'd actually bet on this's if I were a gambler. The women are still a bit up in the air.

Comments

• bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a search and saw that we found out the pro list for the most recent series on the 22nd of April last year. So I'm assuming we should find out who is coming back, and who the replacements for Ola/Kristina/Aliona are very soon?

Disturbingly I saw an article that someone had posted on Twitter where Anton has said he will come back if the producers still want him, and of course we know they bloody well will so it looks like he is returning>:(

I'm assuming Neil Jones as a replacement for Tristan, and possibly Emma Slater now she's left DWTS? Possibly Gleb's wife Elena as well, they are in the UK at the moment going from their Twitters/Instagrams, which I found quite interesting with the pro contracts being signed around Easter time.

I can see the men being Anton (>:(), Brendan, Pasha, Alijaz, Kevin, Giovanni, Gleb and Neil. I'd actually bet on this's if I were a gambler. The women are still a bit up in the air.

They will be when SCD starts this year LOL.:blush::o:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hopefully not long then, exciting!:)

I would really love to see Trent return and his wife Gordana join him.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as the Glebster's in I'm not fussed about the rest.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    last year it was around 22nd April meaning we would have around 3 weeks to wait but a few years previous to this it was around June 1 meaning that we would still have a bit of a wait to go yet. Not bothered who's there as long as Anton's there and he said all being well he will be according to tellymix so I'm happy
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would take a bet Emma won't be as she has made arrangements to meet up in LA with one of my former pupils in the Autumn so if that's the case and she is in LA then cannot see her being on show. Not sure about Neil his competitive career has really taken off in the last 12 months so may not be the right time for him. Will be interesting to see who actually makes it to the show know of a few dancers who have auditioned
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dancer called Charlotte Gooch, who's already appeared on Strictly in group dances wrote on Twitter that she had an audition the other day. Hmmmm.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard a rumour
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    A dancer called Charlotte Gooch, who's already appeared on Strictly in group dances wrote on Twitter that she had an audition the other day. Hmmmm.

Jodi Prenger has said that she helps with the auditions for the male pro's, so anyone following her twitter might get some clues.
    Assume there must be some male equivalent celeb who helps out with the female Pro auditions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    I heard a rumour

Go on, spill!
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne is back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne is back

We knew that ages ago, didn't we? Hope she gets someone decent.
    Forum Member

The West End performer who stepped in for the 'Washing Machine' dance? What background has she got in ballroom? Although that probably doesn't matter much to the producers these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ochre wrote: »
    The West End performer who stepped in for the 'Washing Machine' dance? What background has she got in ballroom? Although that probably doesn't matter much to the producers these days.

I'm not sure to be honest, maybe she was auditioning for a show rather than Strictly the ?
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    Joanne is back

I hope you mean on ITT like last series and not partnering someone as she was totally apaulling with Scott, anyone else would have tried to get him somewhere but she didn't give a dam and I thought once you left the pro line up that was it apart from Nichole Cultler leaving in series 3 and returning in series 4
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you mean on ITT like last series and not partnering someone as she was totally apaulling with Scott, anyone else would have tried to get him somewhere but she didn't give a dam and I thought once you left the pro line up that was it apart from Nichole Cultler leaving in series 3 and returning in series 4

It's hard to say if it was Jo or Scott who was appalling, or both, but I very much doubt she didn't try or didn't care... I wasn't a fan of her as a pro partner that year, but she was good on ITT and explained technique very well, so I'd be happy for her to have another chance.

As for returning...Aliona was given the chop a few of years back... ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt Charlotte would get on as a pro with a celeb her background is not in ballroom and latin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

haha cannot believe an Anton fan can write that about a world champion dancer who trains couples who represent England in dance comps - Scott was a complete duffer who not only had not rhythm he got bad stage fright and often forgot what steps he had learned - and it was obvious she tried and also became a good friend - think you need to look back at some of Anton's stuff with duffers were he obv did not try to teach anything whatsoever
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Charlotte Gooch has no ballroom or Latin background. Even Strictly's producers understand that some knowledge & experience is necessary. She is trained for musical theatre which means she can adequately take part as a back up dancer, which seldom rely on proper technique.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jo is a brilliant dancer, and the way she explained various steps and moves when she was on ITT proves (what those who know of her already know) she knows how to teach. Scott has to be in the top 10 of the worst contestants on Strictly - and you know what they say about not being able to make a silk purse from a sow's ear!
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne did a good job with Harry Judd.

Harry went from beginner to a very good ballroom dancer from week 4 on in Series 9, but he hadn't danced for 4 years and seemed to rate Joanne very highly.

I think we find out a lot more when a pro is given someone with a lot of potential. Hopefully not to find out that the pro is a limiting factor.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this means anything but Oti is currently a pro on the German version. Hopefully that doesn't rule out a return to the UK.
  • soap__loversoap__lover Posts: 279
    Forum Member

I'm assuming Neil Jones as a replacement for Tristan, and possibly Emma Slater now she's left DWTS? .

I would be surprised if Emma came to Strictly. DWTS do a lot of swapping pros in and out, and she's done the last 3 tours, so she's been dancing non stop since August 2014. From what I heard, it was a mutual decision between her and the producers.

Also her boyfriend is on DWTS as well, and I doubt she'd leave him and all her friends to come to Strictly.
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure to be honest, maybe she was auditioning for a show rather than Strictly the ?
    bendymixer wrote: »
    I doubt Charlotte would get on as a pro with a celeb her background is not in ballroom and latin
    kaycee wrote: »
    Charlotte Gooch has no ballroom or Latin background. Even Strictly's producers understand that some knowledge & experience is necessary. She is trained for musical theatre which means she can adequately take part as a back up dancer, which seldom rely on proper technique.

Thanks guys. Having read my comment back I realise it did sound rather flippant! I was genuinely wondering if Charlotte was auditioning and whether the producers were looking to hire some pros with different backgrounds (like Janette) and then use more outside choreographers. With the increased emphasis on musicals on Strictly I considered her joining with a celeb as a possiblity.

I hope it's true Joanne's definitely back with a celeb. She seems to be a brilliant teacher and shines in both the ballroom and latin pro numbers though I especially love watching her dance ballroom. Her American Smooth with Harry was gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Joanne is a cert to be back. I don't see why Oti won't be either.
  • Christopher DChristopher D Posts: 12,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all the dancers leaving particularly on the female side I would say that all who want to come back will come back. I'm sure that Jo will return with a Celeb. I think Oti will as well, I think it would be fair to give her a second chance with somebody who has two working arms.:D
    I wouldn't mind Anya Garnis being asked back, I know that she has being part of Jason Gilkison's choreography team.