Options

Tablet help!

MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

Please bear with me as I'm really dumb about such things. My parents bought my niece a Samsung S4 tablet for Christmas. I've never been that interested in tablets really but when I saw what it could do I was impressed! Now I'm going on holiday alone in a couple of weeks and my friend said I should think about getting one and I could download my favourite TV shows and watch them while I'm away.

For the dumb bit - can all tablets do this and does it cost? What I mean is can I download stuff over my home wifi and then play it back whenever without incurring charges? I've read stories of people running up bills of £0000's when using phones/tablets abroad. I don't really want one linked to my mobile account as I'd rather just by it and use it on wifi.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you tablet had a 3G mobile phone SIM in it, you wouldn't be able to run up a bill, so don't worry.

The BBC have the iPlayer app which allows you to download programs onto your tablet and watch them up to 30 days later. So, you do that on your home Wi-Fi before you go.

If you have Wi-Fi in a hotel abroad, you can use that to browse the Internet, but you wouldn't be able to watch UK TV as they block it outside the UK.
  • Options
    MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that's great, thanks!