• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Hell no, she is a munter. Bilyana was uber hot. Swoooon x 5

Oh dear.
  • lindaja122lindaja122 Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I see Laura, I'm reminded of an actress years ago in Eastenders. Shirley Cheriton played Debbie (I think) & ran the cafe with her husband Andy in the very early days of EE. She just reminds me of her.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura's big problem is a complete lack of any sense of humour
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it two years ago all the women looked incredible Liz Locke etc.

We have cut back on the lookers this year, of the women left Laura is by some distance the best looking
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totalwise wrote: »
    she's not that attractive IMO, she wears a lot of makup, which has no place for business.

This

If I walked past her on the high street I wouldn't notice her. She's a plain Jane
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    She stated she was an attractive business woman. I don't know what kind of 'leading question' leads to that. Seems to me more like she is now embarrassed by her arrogance and is making excuses.

It's not just that anyway. I find her quite annoying in general.

It's quite easy to think of such a leading question; indeed I suggested one. If the subject of her attractiveness was raised by whoever posed the question, then I don't think there was any need for her to simper disingenuously and pretend she isn't.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't think she was all that until I saw her in that fitness gear. G'won Laura!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    It's quite easy to think of such a leading question; indeed I suggested one. If the subject of her attractiveness was raised by whoever posed the question, then I don't think there was any need for her to simper disingenuously and pretend she isn't.

No you didn't. Your example would not lead to someone proclaiming 'I am an attractive business woman'.

If someone led me by saying... 'as an attractive business person'... A humble response would be, 'really?' or 'thankyou' or something along those lines, not just 'I am an attractive business woman'.

That sounds more like something she just came out and said without any prompting to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    No you didn't. Your example would not lead to someone proclaiming 'I am an attractive business woman'.

If someone led me by saying... 'as an attractive business person'... A humble response would be, 'really?' or 'thankyou' or something along those lines, not just 'I am an attractive business woman'.

That sounds more like something she just came out and said without any prompting to me.

Except she didn't say that. She said "Being an attractive businesswoman has its ups and downs, but people shouldn't be decieved as I can be a rotweiler". That's something someone might well say in response to a question such as "Is it difficult for you being an attractive businesswoman? Does it lead to people regarding you as just a bimbo?" And indeed for all we know she might have started by waving off the notion that she was attractive, and only after encouragement been brought to the quote we heard, though I suspect Laura knows very well from other people's reaction to her that she is an attractive woman.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Except she didn't say that. She said "Being an attractive businesswoman has its ups and downs, but people shouldn't be decieved as I can be a rotweiler". That's something someone might well say in response to a question such as "Is it difficult for you being an attractive businesswoman? Does it lead to people regarding you as just a bimbo?" And indeed for all we know she might have started by waving off the notion that she was attractive, and only after encouragement been brought to the quote we heard, though I suspect Laura knows very well from other people's reaction to her that she is an attractive woman.

Well if she doesn't want to be perceived as a bimbo, then maybe toning down on the make up might go some way to helping and dropping the lapdancer look. The same happened with Locke and Walshe. Now in business, those kind of women can have the opposite effect to what they want to create. The Apprentice has lost its credibility for me not inasmuch as it's had its day - although it certainly has - but the dolly birds and comments about the blokes who might be easy on the eye detract from the serious business in hand. There is no seriousness anymore and, what started out as one of the better reality programmes, has joined the others in becoming inane.There always has to be some element of good looking people and it's pathetic and that's only to get the viewers watching - quite frankly who have never grown up. If you want to watch some t(t, then expect to see it elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if she doesn't want to be perceived as a bimbo, then maybe toning down on the make up might go some way to helping and dropping the lapdancer look. The same happened with Locke and Walshe. Now in business, those kind of women can have the opposite effect to what they want to create. The Apprentice has lost its credibility for me not inasmuch as it's had its day - although it certainly has - but the dolly birds and comments about the blokes who might be easy on the eye detract from the serious business in hand. There is no seriousness anymore and, what started out as one of the better reality programmes, has joined the others in becoming inane.There always has to be some element of good looking people and it's pathetic and that's only to get the viewers watching - quite frankly who have never grown up. If you want to watch some t(t, then expect to see it elsewhere.

Oh come on. Wnen was The Apprentice ever serious business?
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Oh come on. Wnen was The Apprentice ever serious business?

lol, yeah concede on that one. Everything is pre-ordained - same as Brady 'getting' her daughter modelling jobs and I've been reading that she's thinking of 'getting' her daughter a saturday job in her local Topshop. The same as the sales and marketing appointments that Sugar arranges - none of it is realistic. It's about who you know, which is only one reason why I can't take this programme seriously.Then again, you can't blame Brady's daughter, she's being taught by her mum. In the real world, you have to hit the ground running and make things happen not have it all handed to you in your lap. How many times would you have to be told no before you even got an appointment like they have in the programme? This programme [half-heartedly] tried to empathise with the state of the economy last year and now it's all back to bulls((t. It's so now reminiscent of the 1980's Wall Street film where charlie sheen 'bagged the elephant'. Rubbish but good TV for the masses I suppose. About as realistic as Brady's book: Superwoman and how to juggle a career with kids - think it's called an army of nannies.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if she doesn't want to be perceived as a bimbo,
    She didn't say anything about being perceived as a bimbo. She may want her competitors to underestimate her.
    then maybe toning down on the make up might go some way to helping and dropping the lapdancer look.
    Or maybe you shouldn't judge her by her appearance. "Dropping the lapdancer look"? Really? That's how you choose to criticise her?
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its an ugly trait to brand yourself good looking

Looks are subjective anyway.