Clara and her "addiction"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not gunna commit genocide.

He has done before (not thinking of the Time War, obviously, as Clara was saved).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has done before (not thinking of the Time War, obviously, as Clara was saved).

He's not gunna commit genocide if he can help it. Or do you just want a really convenient reason to make Clara shift to Missy's side? Cos, y'know, there are lots of factors in play in this hypothetical scenario. How dya know she wouldn't side with the Doctor, if there's no other way, or if time is fixed and it always has to happen? etc. etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not gunna commit genocide if he can help it. Or do you just want a really convenient reason to make Clara shift to Missy's side? Cos, y'know, there are lots of factors in play in this hypothetical scenario. How dya know she wouldn't side with the Doctor, if there's no other way, or if time is fixed and it always has to happen? etc. etc.

Clara never sides with the Doctor if it means killing innocent people (see Day of the Doctor). She tries to dominate and take over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara never sides with the Doctor if it means killing innocent people (see Day of the Doctor). She tries to dominate and take over.

Did something once = never. Okay.

Like you said yourself, things (can) change ;)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    But she said she would have gone through with it.....plus the fact she rejected hiim in the beginning telling him he was not 'her" doctor"

Plus threatened to leave/or did leave multipe times.

I dont want to see anymore of her turning on him, he deserves a companion who is loyal and wont turn on him on a dime.

You should re-watch the final scene from Last Christmas (I've still got the episode on SkyPlus). It's a beautiful, beautiful scene which illustrates how much affection the Doctor and Clara have for each other.

I'm expecting, and hoping, that the only reason Clara goes off to see Missy is because she sees that as the only way to get back to her Doctor after whatever splits them up in episode 1.

I'm also hoping to see Missy torment Clara at some point. So far Missy's been a bit wet as The Master (despite the killing of Osgood.) and I'd like to see Clara in some real danger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    So far Missy's been a bit wet as The Master.

:o:blush::D
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it possible that people can argue about the merits of a completely hypothetical plot line in a TV show that's still being filmed? It's the kind of thing Christopher Nolan might make a film about (and probably cast CE. He would run away from fireballs a lot. Again and again on a loop. But is it real or just a bad dream?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o:blush::D

I didn't mean it like that.:D

Of course, Missy did try to give Clara the same snoggy welcome at 3W that she gave the Doctor but Clara resisted.

Obviously they can only go so far in a programme like Doctor Who, although they didn't have a problem with Captain Jack flirting with the guys quite brazenly.

We can have Missy stroking Clara's hair, telling her how pretty she is and how sad it is that the Doctor can't see that. All part of Missy tormenting Clara to try and get her on side, you understand (by playing with her mind.)

And back to the land of dreams (as Basil Fawlty once said.)

:p;-):blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it possible that people can argue about the merits of a completely hypothetical plot line in a TV show that's still being filmed? It's the kind of thing Christopher Nolan might make a film about (and probably cast CE. He would run away from fireballs a lot. Again and again on a loop. But is it real or just a bad dream?)

Everybody needs a hobby.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True inspiration is impossible to fake.;-)
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    She didn't really betray the Doctor really, given the Doctor invented the whole volcano scenario as a dream.

That was a weird scene.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Especially because he doesn't even need a key to open the tardis. River taught him in the library he only has to snap his fingers and the doors open. Plus if he did need a key why wouldn't he keep one on his person at all times ?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Especially because he doesn't even need a key to open the tardis. River taught him in the library he only has to snap his fingers and the doors open. Plus if he did need a key why wouldn't he keep one on his person at all times ?.

Presumably clicking the fingers only works if the TARDIS doors are unlocked or all seven keys are still in the Doctor's possession.
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I seem to recall there was heated debate about the competence of Matt Smith as the new Doctor based on a report of his delivery of a single line in filming - YOU.... ARE... A... DALEK from Victory of the Daleks.

As for being a bad dream, do you think the next episode will have Jon Pertwee in the shower?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    I seem to recall there was heated debate about the competence of Matt Smith as the new Doctor based on a report of his delivery of a single line in filming - YOU.... ARE... A... DALEK from Victory of the Daleks.

As for being a bad dream, do you think the next episode will have Jon Pertwee in the shower?

Erotic and confusing!
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    She didn't really betray the Doctor really, given the Doctor invented the whole volcano scenario as a dream.

Of course she did. As far as she knew that whole scene was real, so at the time as far as she was aware, what she was doing was a betrayal, yet she still did it anyway for her own selfish means.
    What if, in this hypothetical scenario, it had something to do with the daleks/davros. When it comes to not committing genocide, he usually makes an exception where the daleks are concerned, so if the rumours of davros returning have some truth to them, I could easily envision a scenario where the doctor see's the only solution is to wipe out all the daleks in that time and place where the adventure is taking place, but Clara thinks there must be another way, but he does it anyway.

That being said I don't think it would even take something as serious as genocide to make her defect anyway. lets not forget this is the girl who got in a huff because the doctor was trying to be respectful enough to her as a human to let her make the decision in kill the moon. She almost decided not to travel with him ever again then, so it obviously dosen't take a lot. Had Missy been there at that point before Clara had seen her do anything evil, she might have gone with her then. Now it would only take the doctor doing something she dosen't completely agree with and Missy smoothing things over and acting in such a way as to boost Clara's already over inflated ego, like making out she's the most important / in charge the way Clara likes it and I could easily envision her dropping the doctor for Missy in a snap.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I didn't mean it like that.:D

Of course, Missy did try to give Clara the same snoggy welcome at 3W that she gave the Doctor but Clara resisted.

Obviously they can only go so far in a programme like Doctor Who, although they didn't have a problem with Captain Jack flirting with the guys quite brazenly.

We can have Missy stroking Clara's hair, telling her how pretty she is and how sad it is that the Doctor can't see that. All part of Missy tormenting Clara to try and get her on side, you understand (by playing with her mind.)

And back to the land of dreams (as Basil Fawlty once said.)

:p;-):blush:

They filled that quotient with two thirds of the Patternoster Gang!
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she did. As far as she knew that whole scene was real, so at the time as far as she was aware, what she was doing was a betrayal, yet she still did it anyway for her own selfish means.

What if, in this hypothetical scenario, it had something to do with the daleks/davros. When it comes to not committing genocide, he usually makes an exception where the daleks are concerned, so if the rumours of davros returning have some truth to them, I could easily envision a scenario where the doctor see's the only solution is to wipe out all the daleks in that time and place where the adventure is taking place, but Clara thinks there must be another way, but he does it anyway.

That being said I don't think it would even take something as serious as genocide to make her defect anyway. lets not forget this is the girl who got in a huff because the doctor was trying to be respectful enough to her as a human to let her make the decision in kill the moon. She almost decided not to travel with him ever again then, so it obviously dosen't take a lot. Had Missy been there at that point before Clara had seen her do anything evil, she might have gone with her then. Now it would only take the doctor doing something she dosen't completely agree with and Missy smoothing things over and acting in such a way as to boost Clara's already over inflated ego, like making out she's the most important / in charge the way Clara likes it and I could easily envision her dropping the doctor for Missy in a snap.

Clara ain't perfect. Neither is the Doctor! But after Last Christmas I think their relationship will be very strong after the roller coaster ride of Series 8. And Clara joining the Master after what happened to Danny...really cannot see that. A bit of Master hypnotism though?
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

The betrayal is in the act, not in whether or not she was successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/interviews/a643667/steven-moffat-is-changing-the-rhythm-of-doctor-who-for-series-9.html#~paI990Ph5fftXf

Here's Steven Moffat talking about the new series and at 2:35 he talks about Clara.

He can't say too much about her journey (spoilers!) other than she continues to complicate. That's my girl! Don't you let Moffat turn you into a passenger just because your alter ego, Ms Coleman, took bloody ages to commit to letting you have a whole new set of adventures with Your Doctor.

Like how Moffat talks about the relationship between the Doctor and Clara being "incredibly strong" and "very, very strong" I like to see the relationship in the new series carry on from where it left off at the end of Last Christmas but with added complications. Complications can keep a relationship fresh.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/interviews/a643667/steven-moffat-is-changing-the-rhythm-of-doctor-who-for-series-9.html#~paI990Ph5fftXf

Here's Steven Moffat talking about the new series and at 2:35 he talks about Clara.

He can't say too much about her journey (spoilers!) other than she continues to complicate. That's my girl! Don't you let Moffat turn you into a passenger just because your alter ego, Ms Coleman, took bloody ages to commit to letting you have a whole new set of adventures with Your Doctor.

Like how Moffat talks about the relationship between the Doctor and Clara being "incredibly strong" and "very, very strong" Think we can dismiss any notion of Clara siding with Missy and becoming a baddie.

I was very glad to hear that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. I kind of thought or think that Clara turning bad was a new avenue they could go down to shake up the dynamic. But maybe its true that they are too far down the line for that. Sometimes however much you might want to you just can't forget certain people and that 'thing' you have can't be broken. Such as it is with Clara and the Doctor one assumes.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed.

I really enjoyed the doctor and clara's dynamic in series 8. Really loved the whole avenue it was taking. Incredibly complicated but beautifully real, and ultimately you want them to indulge in each other. Relationships is something I've always thought DW did wonderfully well, very authentic.