covert affairs - season 4 - US pace

2»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this season is not doing it for me. All this stuff with Henry really isn't interesting and all the episodes seem to be the same at the moment.

I would have preferred a 'case of the week' style show to this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I think I'd prefer a case of the week, with maybe a background of the henry arc. It would have been better to see a dark Annie being on the run doing secret stuff - maybe with Mossad bloke :) but she's been dead a short time and already 3 people have sussed her. :(
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Jai
    Jai
    Jai
    Jai
    Jai

Why do they still think people care?? :cry:
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the season finale and yey Henry is finally dead but apart from that it was a bit of a let down for me. I dunno, I know a lot of people like these season long stories, which I do too but also like the standalone stories and have really missed them this season. Also there should have been more Eyal! You can never have enough Eyal!

For me personally I hope that next season they get a good balance between the two.

I am probably also in the minority that like Augie and Annie together, so hope they get back on track next season.

All in all I have enjoyed this season and again finally glad Henry has been taken care of, hopefully we don't need to hear much about him or Jai again.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very disappointing series this season. Too much running around with not much happening. Too much Henry for sure. Too much Augie and Annie.

Hopefully they'll get back to case of the week next season, with a more glamourous Annie and more spy stuff rather than running around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was such a disappointing season. Agreed too much running around, lots of luck and not enough spy stuff. A whole season of chasing Henry - yawn.

And Auggie told her that the police were after her, the largest police force in the world... and she doesn't even ditch her jacket and she only runs into that 1 she got rid of quickly. The shooting was anti climatic and then when she's trying to leave there was no build, no tension. A lot could have been made of trying to extract her with spy stuff but no... we get some massive shoot out scene which takes ages and the way she ran off from the Chinese... like they wouldn't have hand cuffed her?

disappointing.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very disappointing series this season. Too much running around with not much happening. Too much Henry for sure. Too much Augie and Annie.

Hopefully they'll get back to case of the week next season, with a more glamourous Annie and more spy stuff rather than running around.

Definitely not a very good season, Henry has always been the weaker character on the show and to focus on him so much was stupid.
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, i really enjoyed this season. Season 3 is still my favorite, but season 4 was enjoyable.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It was OK. As a season it was a bit convoluted.

I wanted her to change hair back.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Henry really dead......

Anything is possible... two shots to chest.....

I don't believe it personally.......

Time will tell
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    He'd fu**ing better be! Sick to bloody death of him.

Poor end to a rubbish season. Hope 5 gets the show back on track.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Is Henry really dead......

Anything is possible... two shots to chest.....

I don't believe it personally.......

Time will tell

i did wonder if she might put in a couple more when he was on the ground.

but i think him not being dead would be a cheat to the fans.