Doctor Who 2015 DVD/Blu-Ray Release Schedule

TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
O.k... it is December, so I am starting the 2015 Doctor Who DVD/Blue-Ray Release schedule.

Due to the fact that we don't have anything on the docket for 21st Century Who right now and only a single DVD on the docket for 20th Century Who, I will go ahead and include both on this list.

Thus, the current list is:

The Underwater Menace - UK: ?, US: ?

Obviously, we hope to have more titles on the list soon. Besides the Christmas episode which will probably come out in January sometime, I hope that some more of the classic stuff will be announced as found and being prepared for release. I also hope that they do announce this year that they will be releasing Series 1-4 on Blu-Ray (the ones that they already did in the gift box set) individually.

If anybody else can think of anything else to put on the list, let me know.

It's a lot shorter than last year's starting list. LOL! :):):)

Comments

• bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Christmas is available to pre order with the bbc shop. Release date 26/1/15.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Christmas is available to pre order with the bbc shop. Release date 26/1/15.

Well, that makes the list:

The Last Christmas - UK: January 26th, US: ?

Is there a date for the US as of yet? :):):)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    On a relevant but unrelated note, I suspect there may be issues regarding Last Christmas. I have a strong suspicion they're not going to include it on the Series 9 box set (especially if Clara does leave) and they're going to force people to now buy the Christmas specials seperately... making up for the loss they're causing by scrapping the Volume/Vanilla DVD releases.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not holding my breath for a release of Underwater Menace at any point soon. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today my local Barnes and Noble was having a 50% off sale on British TV (the sale lasts for a week), so I picked up The Infinite Quest, The visitation, Frontier in Space, Planet of the Daleks and Series 2 of The Sarah Jane Adventures. :):):)

I now need to watch these as well as The Black Guardian Trilogy and Planet of Evil. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    Today my local Barnes and Noble was having a 50% off sale on British TV (the sale lasts for a week), so I picked up The Infinite Quest, The visitation, Frontier in Space, Planet of the Daleks and Series 2 of The Sarah Jane Adventures. :):):)

I now need to watch these as well as The Black Guardian Trilogy and Planet of Evil. :):):)

I have SJA series one DVDs, and would probably pick up the rest if I saw them cheap. I really enjoyed the show: a perfect throwback to C20th DW.

The Visitation! Love it! Makes me feel 7yrs old to watch it! Didn't bother with Infinite Quest though. :blush:
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a feeling the 50th aniversary set will be getting a re-release sometime next year
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have SJA series one DVDs, and would probably pick up the rest if I saw them cheap. I really enjoyed the show: a perfect throwback to C20th DW.

The Visitation! Love it! Makes me feel 7yrs old to watch it! Didn't bother with Infinite Quest though. :blush:

Even though it's not technically DW, I would still recommend picking up series 1 of Wizards vs Aliens on DVD. Produced by RTD and Phil Ford, it's the spiritual successor to SJA and has the feel of much of RTD's Who at times, which is awesome. Series 2 also includes two stories that were originally destined for SJA, though it doesn't seem like series 2 has got a DVD release (yet).

The opening episodes of series 1 are actually the worst of the whole lot IMO. Everything past that, up to the end of series 3 is simply brilliant! :)
  • NephelerNepheler Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Finally! Added to must-buy list.
    When will Sherlock update TOT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nepheler wrote: »
    Finally! Added to must-buy list.
    When will Sherlock update TOT

What does TOT mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The devil's end boxset containing return to devil's end and the white witch of devil's end is now listed as released on 31st august 2015 on galaxy4s website. Waited an awfully long time for this..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The devil's end boxset containing return to devil's end and the white witch of devil's end is now listed as released on 31st august 2015 on galaxy4s website. Waited an awfully long time for this..

Looks as if it has been kicked into the long grass ...

emby2 wrote: »

We hope to release ‘The Underwater Menace’ in 2015. We delayed the release to ensure that our publishing schedule is phased appropriately across the year and the episodes will be animated.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

Thrilling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I spoke too soon, less than a week ago!!!!!!!!
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have loads to buy. Got all of series 3 and am on episode 3 of The Myth Makers (recon obviously). Will probably get some for Xmas but then I'll make sure I buy up to the end of series 4 as I get through them quicker when there are no extras.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone is interested, the BBC shop is doing three DVDs for fifteen quid. Click here for info. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested, the BBC shop is doing three DVDs for fifteen quid. Click here for info. :)

£5.25ea normally? Thats good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like VFM to me. (I've got em all though!)
    Forum Member
    Theophile wrote: »
    What does TOT mean?

TOT or ToT is a crying face ;-)
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Nepheler wrote: »
    TOT or ToT is a crying face ;-)

Trail of Tears? Not in common usage or a mistype, I think! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    I still have loads to buy. Got all of series 3 and am on episode 3 of The Myth Makers (recon obviously). Will probably get some for Xmas but then I'll make sure I buy up to the end of series 4 as I get through them quicker when there are no extras.

i watched parts 3 and 4 of galaxy four,mission to the unknown (ian levine animation) and myth makers part 1 last night as part of my re-watch,got a long way to go til i get to death in heaven ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    i watched parts 3 and 4 of galaxy four,mission to the unknown (ian levine animation) and myth makers part 1 last night as part of my re-watch,got a long way to go til i get to death in heaven ;)

My office has just moved so I'm 25 mins closer to work. Still getting up the same time, but I get to watch a classic Doctor Who episode before work! I've not seen the vast majority of the black and white stuff, and it's been ages since I read the Target novels so I'm really enjoying them.

Galaxy 4 was great, the end was a bit of a let down though. Mission to the Unknown surprised me by keeping my interest despite the lack of the regular cast. Myth Makers I finished today and loved it. Really hoping this is found. I get to start Dalek Master Plan tomorrow, I have Lost in Time so I have the 3 existing episodes to watch, interspersed with Loose Cannon. So far series 3 has the been the best of the Hartnell years in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still got the faulty disc 1 of the daemons? I sent mine back to BBC dvd support on 1st December and got back the corrected version yesterday. Less than a 2 week turnaround.
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    Trail of Tears? Not in common usage or a mistype, I think! :)

haha.. it's a representation symbol
    like >_< or >o<
    luv it so cute~
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the release of the 2014 special on blu ray seems a bit barebones this year,for the blu ray release of a Christmas carol we got a confidential and the cut down 2010 doctor who proms,for the doctor ,the widow and the wardrobe disc we got some BBC America documentarys and for time of the doctor we got 2 documentarys .can't see many people wanting to buy a standalone last Christmas with only a 10 minute extra
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as if we finally have a date for the US release of Last Christmas. That makes the list:

The Last Christmas - UK: January 26th, US: February 17th

I still don't know what to think of The Devil's End stuff; it seems apocryphal.