I haven't heard a single firework yet

Comments

• Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    Kat1966 wrote: »
    Heard some at the weekend, but it turn out those were part of a Indian wedding going on.

A few went off Tuesday night, but it has definitely been quieter here this year, thankfully my dog and cat aren't bothered by them, my cat will sit on the window cill watching them! But I know it's a bad time for a lot of pet owners.

My mom had a border collie cross that used to get that upset by the fireworks, mom used to have to get sedatives from the vet for her.

I'd ban all sale of fireworks to the public and just have organised displays.

More sensible to ban dogs ;)
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had just 2 in the last couple of days. I expect it will pick up a bit next weekend leading up to bonfire night.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There going off here now >:(
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough neither have I. Perhaps chavs have finally de-evolved far enough to actually now have reverted to hibernating.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    We've had just 2 in the last couple of days. I expect it will pick up a bit next weekend leading up to bonfire night.

It's Diwali next weekend so depending where you live you may hear plenty and of course Halloween will encourage the lowlife to be anti social and let them off at all hours.

PS Just heard fireworks being let off just now - at half past midnight!
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    I remember the good old days when as children we could easily buy fireworks from the local news agents then go and let them off in dustbins, launch them up slides, fire them from cardboard tubes like bazookas, the kind of thing children should be doing nowdays instead of rotting away playing with tablets. Faith is occasionally restored when im woken up by a crow scarer at 3am.

These days it's 15 minutes of organised predictability.

Couldn't agree more.

Nothing like taping a roman candle to a large rocket and watching them both go up.

In fact, I once strapped my big sisters teddy to a rocket to give it a ride but the rocket couldn't lift it, it just set fire to it 😂.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Nope. The only time we hear any is on Nov 5 (+/- a few days) and on New Years.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't heard any yet. Maybe people have got sick of burning their money away. :kitty:
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat1966 wrote: »
    Heard some at the weekend, but it turn out those were part of a Indian wedding going on.

A few went off Tuesday night, but it has definitely been quieter here this year, thankfully my dog and cat aren't bothered by them, my cat will sit on the window cill watching them! But I know it's a bad time for a lot of pet owners.

My mom had a border collie cross that used to get that upset by the fireworks, mom used to have to get sedatives from the vet for her.

I'd ban all sale of fireworks to the public and just have organised displays.

We have a winner, folks!

Shockingly, it took 11 posts until we heard the word BAN. This place is seriously slacking!
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    ....and it's 19th October. Latest I've ever known it.

Is it just this area or has anybody else not heard any?

Sainsburys started selling them this week so I wouldn't be surprised if it starts tonight.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fact, I once strapped my big sisters teddy to a rocket to give it a ride but the rocket couldn't lift it, it just set fire to it 😂.

The important thing is, you tried :)

I remember back when I was living in a student house share, we treated a new resident (who had just moved into the ground floor bedroom) to an upside down 2am firework display. That evening we had attached rockets and a whole host of other fireworks to the underside of the window ledge, 2 floors above her bedroom. At 2am we checked she was fast asleep then we lit the lot.
    She almost crapped herself! Her reaction was a little strange "I thought there were space aliens in the garden".

Oh how we laughed on the way to the burns unit (JK ;-))
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Sainsburys started selling them this week so I wouldn't be surprised if it starts tonight.

Quite possibly - but as I know you are also local to this area, you'll no doubt agree that in previous years it's always been a lot earlier. Sometimes mid September.

Maybe it has to do with availability?
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not one yet.
  • ThunderfootThunderfoot Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Quite possibly - but as I know you are also local to this area, you'll no doubt agree that in previous years it's always been a lot earlier. Sometimes mid September.

Probably, plus most supermarket firework's are so bad now I can burp louder then most of them.

Air bomb's and bangers ect have been banned and news agents do not sell fireworks any more to get any decent firework you have to go to a dedicated retailer and I guess the type of people who let fireworks off at all hours ain't going to do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, plus most supermarket firework's are so bad now I can burp louder then most of them.

Air bomb's and bangers ect have been banned and news agents do not sell fireworks any more to get any decent firework you have to go to a dedicated retailer and I guess the type of people who let fireworks off at all hours ain't going to do that.

The loudest year I ever remember was 2006. Many that went off in the period around 5th November that year, were more than ordinary air bombs, they were really deep thunderous bangs, that reverberated for a great distance.

I remember that year particularly, as it was the year I foolishly let my cat out at about 4pm, and she didn't return until well after midnight, when the noise was dying down.

No idea what they were, but they were much more powerfully loud than the air bombs I remember as a kid.
  • St DabeocSt Dabeoc Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BANG

happy now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Dabeoc wrote: »
    BANG

happy now?

I refer you to post No 24.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We've only been in town proper for just over a year, we were a bit more country before that, but yeah I remember fireworks going off from early October onwards.

Maybe everyone's been distracted by the new shops :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    We've only been in town proper for just over a year, we were a bit more country before that, but yeah I remember fireworks going off from early October onwards.

Maybe everyone's been distracted by the new shops :D

Good point. Never thought about that :kitty:
  • ThunderfootThunderfoot Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    The loudest year I ever remember was 2006. Many that went off in the period around 5th November that year, were more than ordinary air bombs, they were really deep thunderous bangs, that reverberated for a great distance.

I remember that year particularly, as it was the year I foolishly let my cat out at about 4pm, and she didn't return until well after midnight, when the noise was dying down.

No idea what they were, but they were much more powerfully loud than the air bombs I remember as a kid.

The max sound limit on legally sold public fireworks is 120 decibels

What you heard were probably titanium salutes or CAT4 fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJMu1ZHUmfs
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I haven't heard any round here neither. I expect it to pick up soon though
  • GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 weeks ago a neighbour was setting some fire works for a party of some kind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The max sound limit on legally sold public fireworks is 120 decibels

What you heard were probably titanium salutes or CAT4 fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJMu1ZHUmfs

Possibly, although from memory the sounds were deeper. I may be wrong, however.

Those were filmed from some distance away by the looks. The ones I heard were much closer. Maybe that makes a difference.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I've heard quite a few already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you hear that blueblade :o