Nfl 2015/16

Comments

• clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,641
    Forum Member
    NFL season is still 4 weeks away but the Jets already embarrassing themselves as Geno Smith has had his jaw broken in the Jets locker room by LB Ikemefuna Enemkpali who has been released, Smith out for 6-10 weeks.

Just when things were looking up 😒 what's Tebow up to these days? 😁

Ryan Fitzpatrick will get the nod I would imagine
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,774
    Forum Member
    NFL season is still 4 weeks away but the Jets already embarrassing themselves as Geno Smith has had his jaw broken in the Jets locker room by LB Ikemefuna Enemkpali who has been released, Smith out for 6-10 weeks.

Losing your starting QB is a nightmare. Slightly reduced by the fact it's Geno Smith.
  • Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Losing your starting QB is a nightmare. Slightly reduced by the fact it's Geno Smith.

If the Jets go with Fitz at QB god help them :D
    Forum Member
    If the Jets go with Fitz at QB god help them :D

I don't think he's much worse than Smith if at all. Let's face it, with either at QB they are unlikely to do much this year.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shouldn't laugh but this is all just so Jets-sy (should that be Jets-ian? Jet-ish?). Reportedly all over Smith stiffing the puncher over a $600 plane ticket.
    Forum Member
    You're right. There's a certain comedy element about them.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,641
    Forum Member
    You're right. There's a certain comedy element about them.

That's why I love 'em! 😁
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have taken over showing NFL Hard Knocks this year. It's starting 11.30pm on sky sports 1 on Sunday night.
    Oh and the focus this time is on the Houston Texans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky have taken over showing NFL Hard Knocks this year. It's starting 11.30pm on sky sports 1 on Sunday night.

Thanks for the heads up.

Shame for non-Sky subscribers but at least good news for the rest of us and it's much closer to the US airing. On C4 they showed it so much later that the season was underway before it started.
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and the focus this time is on the Houston Texans.

Great. Thanks for the info!
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More pre-season injuries . Seems more than usual this year:

The Green Bay Packers lost one of their best players to injury on the opening drive of Sunday's 24-19 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The initial diagnosis on No. 1 wide receiver Jordy Nelson's knee injury is a torn ACL, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation. The team is awaiting MRI results to confirm, Rapoport added.

Within a span of four days in late August, the 2015 season lost two of the NFL's most valuable wideouts in Nelson and Panthers second-year star Kelvin Benjamin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000514941/article/jordy-nelson-believed-to-have-torn-acl-on-sunday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    More pre-season injuries . Seems more than usual this year:

The Green Bay Packers lost one of their best players to injury on the opening drive of Sunday's 24-19 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The initial diagnosis on No. 1 wide receiver Jordy Nelson's knee injury is a torn ACL, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation. The team is awaiting MRI results to confirm, Rapoport added.

Within a span of four days in late August, the 2015 season lost two of the NFL's most valuable wideouts in Nelson and Panthers second-year star Kelvin Benjamin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000514941/article/jordy-nelson-believed-to-have-torn-acl-on-sunday

Unbelievable number of injuries in nfl, serious ones...
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Looks like that Channel 4 won't be showing much NFL this season and next as Sky have now also won the rights for sunday night football. Guess that means they have everything?
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Looks like that Channel 4 won't be showing much NFL this season and next as Sky have now also won the rights for sunday night football. Guess that means they have everything?

Don't think C4 will be showing anything at this rate.

The big downside to that would be no Mike Carlson who's by a distance the best pundit in NFL.
    Forum Member

I thought CH4 had already confirmed they won't be showing anything?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I thought CH4 had already confirmed they won't be showing anything?

No idea. Thought they might have still had the london games and the superbowl at least
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea. Thought they might have still had the london games and the superbowl at least

There is a thread in the Broadcasting forum about NFL on TV.

The BBC has the Wembley games likely in highlights format and the Superbowl live. That's it as far as FTA goes. Which means NO Weekly NFL show ithout subscription during regular season since before the NFL first hit our screens in 1982 on CH4. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky's Week One Sunday 6pm game Chicago Bears v Minnesota Vikings is going to be simulcast on FTA channel Pick - not clear is it a one-off or regular arrangement.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    To nobodies surprise the Patriots once again get what they want as the suspension of Brady is overturned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    To nobodies surprise as soon as an actually impartial arbiter took a look at this case the NFL's sham of a justice system was exposed and Brady was vindicated.

FTFY

:D

Can we have our ****ing draft picks back now?

Seriously, this is what Pats fans have been saying all along, take off your anti Pats goggles people and recognise that this case has never been the Pats breaking the rules it has always been a flawed and biased prosecution by the NFL.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    FTFY

:D

Can we have our ****ing draft picks back now?

Seriously, this is what Pats fans have been saying all along, take off your anti Pats goggles people and recognise that this case has never been the Pats breaking the rules it has always been a flawed and biased prosecution by the NFL.

I'm a Vikings fan (oh the pain...), but yeah, it was a ridiculous decision by the NFL to suspend him; zero proof and their biggest charge seemed to be that he didn't hand over his phone, which isn't proof of anything other than he didn't want to hand his phone over (I wouldn't either).

The fact remains that when measured on average, the balls were only 0.1psi lower than you would expect for that temperature anyway; added to the fact one of the Colts balls was "deflated" and now this season they have decided they are going to check all balls in every game then we'll actually see what will happen.

Imagine if they suspended him 4 games, and as the season progressed it turns out that all of the balls deflate by the same amount as the Patriots did? Of course the league can apologise but Brady will never get them back.
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    To nobodies surprise the Patriots once again get what they want as the suspension of Brady is overturned.

It's no surprise to me considering there was virtually zero evidence that Brady knew anything about it. Goodell commissioned a kangaroo court and then a proper court has seen through it all.

And no, I'm not a Patriots fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Patriots fan but Tom Brady has been badly treated in all this 'cheating by deflating balls' nonsense. It's clearly a witch hunt because the NFL bigwigs don't want any teams to dominate like the Pats have done for some 15 years so they want to be bring them down any way they can.
    I want to see the Pats dominance to end myself (I'm a long suffering Titans fan :D) but I want that to happen legitimately not as a witch hunt.
    Roger Goodell should resign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a Patriots fan but Tom Brady has been badly treated in all this 'cheating by deflating balls' nonsense. It's clearly a witch hunt because the NFL bigwigs don't want any teams to dominate like the Pats have done for some 15 years so they want to be bring them down any way they can.
    I want to see the Pats dominance to end myself (I'm a long suffering Titans fan :D) but I want that to happen legitimately not as a witch hunt.
    Roger Goodell should resign.

I disagree with you over the witch hunt and i do think that Brady knew about what was happening...but I do feel for you due to your Titans allegiance! Saying that, this season could be fun with Mariota...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    ...but I do feel for you due to your Titans allegiance! Saying that, this season could be fun with Mariota...

thanks and I hope your right but I can't help but feel it's gonna take at least two more seasons for Tennessee to 'make waves' in the NFL again :(.