Forza 4

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On youtube there's a 4 minute gameplay vid. Hope they make the physics a little better this time.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yep will be there at midnight launch again for this one.

So what can we deduct from the trailer?

At the beginning we see a car in front of a sunset (night racing?) and we see weather effects such as snow, rallying is now confirmed then. It looks like there's a lot more attention to detail with the kinect enabled car viewing and we should have better interiors /dashboards to race with. So basically it's the game we want Forza to evolve into. Roll on Autumn!

Here's an interesting preview video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCdJSdeE9Mg
  • xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys going to play it with a controller or kinect.
    il be playing it with a controller but if there reviews on good on playing it on kinect. i might get one.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this. Loved all the forza's so far and this is looking very special. I suppose they have to have night races and different weather effects to evolve the game. A few more tracks in different locations would be nice.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've sort of gone off racing games lately but this looks like it will reignite my passion so will definitely be giving it a go.
    Forum Member
    Now what MS need to do is prepare a decent (yet affordable) racing wheel in time for the launch of this game or maybe strike a deal with Logitech. It's all well and good having a swanky new racing game to play but without the proper equipment it means nothing.

As it stands we have 2 options:

The discontinued MS FF wireless racing wheel which does the job but is hugely inferior to the Logitech wheels as it lacks 900 degrees turning, crappy clamp and only has paddle shifters.

OR

The super expensive Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel which only rich people and lottery winners can buy.

I would love to use my Logitech GT wheel on Forza 4!!
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for Forza 4. Does anyone know if night racing has been confirmed for the game yet? This definately has to be in the next Forza game, along with weather effects, since most recent racing games have adapted these features, Turn 10 would be foolish and unwise not to include it for Forza 4.

Here's also hoping for a selection of new tracks. The Spa track would be awsome, I think this is the one of the only 'major' tracks Turn 10 haven't included in a Forza game. I'd also love to see some 'mountain racing' tracks with perhaps some off-road sections thrown in.

Roll on E3 when we will no doubt get to see much more of the game :)
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    Hope they make the physics a little better this time.
    What's wrong with the physics of the game?
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with the physics of the game?

If anything I thought the physics in Forza 3 were spot on with a new gaming engine applied. I hope Turn 10 keep with the same engine for Forza 4.
    Forum Member
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    I can't wait for Forza 4. Does anyone know if night racing has been confirmed for the game yet? This definately has to be in the next Forza game, along with weather effects, since most recent racing games have adapted these features, Turn 10 would be foolish and unwise not to include it for Forza 4.

Here's also hoping for a selection of new tracks. The Spa track would be awsome, I think this is the one of the only 'major' tracks Turn 10 haven't included in a Forza game. I'd also love to see some 'mountain racing' tracks with perhaps some off-road sections thrown in.

Roll on E3 when we will no doubt get to see much more of the game :)

From the latest trailer it looks as though it certainly has rallying and it kind of hints at some kind of day/night cycle and obviously more detailed cars.

When you think about it, it was wise to do what they done. ie release Forza 2 early in the 360's life and then build on that engine for a couple of years to create Forza 3, then have another 2 years to add additional features rather than waiting as Polyphony did with GT5 to try and include everything they wanted, and even then it was only a half finished product. It's not like Turn 10 have to start form scratch so I would assume they are packing this game full of content. Every car in F3 had a reasonable interior-view but I'm looking forward seeing how much more detailed they are in F4.
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    If anything I thought the physics in Forza 3 were spot on with a new gaming engine applied. I hope Turn 10 keep with the same engine for Forza 4.
    Yes what makes this game for me is the fact that you can
    transfer knowledge of one corner/bend from one track to another.
  • xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now what MS need to do is prepare a decent (yet affordable) racing wheel in time for the launch of this game or maybe strike a deal with Logitech. It's all well and good having a swanky new racing game to play but without the proper equipment it means nothing.

As it stands we have 2 options:

The discontinued MS FF wireless racing wheel which does the job but is hugely inferior to the Logitech wheels as it lacks 900 degrees turning, crappy clamp and only has paddle shifters.

OR

The super expensive Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel which only rich people and lottery winners can buy.

I would love to use my Logitech GT wheel on Forza 4!!

if microsoft made a deal with logitech tech
    i would love to get the g27 or even the old g25 wheel.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this released?
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally posted up some info on the limited edition -
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:
    •2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
    •2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
    •2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
    •2010 Noble M600
    •2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
    •1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
    •2011 Koenigsegg Agera
    •1997 Lexus SC300
    •2011 RUF RGT-8
    •2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

The Limited Collector's Edition will also include a ten-car add-on pack featuring a selection of the best classic American muscle cars. In addition, there will be custom-designed BMW cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace) selected as part of the “Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge.”, as well as “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” a gorgeous 96-page volume written by the editors at Top Gear. It features 96-pages of fantastic imagery both from Forza 4 and from Top Gear’s extensive photo library, as well as insightful commentary accompanying the in-game Autovista experience. Other goodies include: a set of vinyl stickers featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and “Turn 10;” VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the Forza community, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more; and an exclusive BMW theme available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

In addition to all the sweet stuff above, one of best reasons to get the LCE version of Forza 4 is the 2012 BMW M5, unveiled for the first time as the newest addition to the Forza 4 lineup at this weekend’s 24 Hour of Nürburgring race event in Germany. The new BMW M5 will be drivable first in Forza Motorsport 4 and will also be featured on the cover of the LCE version of the game. That means the stunning super-sedan will be automatically included in the LCE version of Forza 4, and all Xbox LIVE members will be able to download the car to drive. In addition, fans will be able to explore the meticulous design and impeccable execution of the BMW M5 via Autovista mode, where Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson will take fans on a virtual tour of the world’s most sought-after cars.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    Sounds a lot better than the GT5 collectors edition (the £60 one, not the £120 one) with its pictures cards and thick glossy manual with ultra small text.
  • wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    i've not started forza 3 yet, i must get a move on before this is out.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    wod1 wrote: »
    i've not started forza 3 yet, i must get a move on before this is out.
    My Forza career is pretty limited as well. Hopefully F4 will get a March release as usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-27-the-forza-4-limited-collectors-edition

The Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Motorsport 4 will cost £59.99, and is exclusive to Game and subsidiary shop-chain Gamestation.

There are pre-order bonuses for the Standarad Edition of Forza 4 at various UK shops. Game gives a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (unfortunate acronym alert); Gamestation gives a Mini John Cooper Works Clubman; Amazon gives an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde; HMV gives a Honda CR-Z EX; and Zavvi, The Hut and ShopTo give a BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Ah well looks like i will be shopping at game then, i got £2.50 worth of points to use.

So they have listed 10 cars for pre order/limited edition, plus 10 unnamed american muscle cars, the bmw 2012 is a download via xbox live and 5 different pre order cars from 5 different shops, where u cant get em all unless you buy 5 copies of the game:D That is alot of cars missing from the disc:mad:
    Forum Member
    xmodz10 wrote: »
    if microsoft made a deal with logitech tech
    i would love to get the g27 or even the old g25 wheel.

Yep that would be great, instead MS have announced that a new wheel is indeed on the way for the launch of Forza 4 and it's a cheap £40 wireless thing (similar to the Wii's Mario Kart wheel lol) that I think works with kinect. I mean seriously, do they have any idea?

Really looking forward to this game though. :)
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    My Forza career is pretty limited as well. Hopefully F4 will get a March release as usual.

Yes you need to get in some FM3 time whilst there's still people to race online and the servers are supported by Turn 10. It's an IMMENSE game....plus if you do well on FM3 you'll receive bonus cars in FM4, some profile porting feature which is a big thing especially for painters. I don't think tunings can be imported across though

smcbeath wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-27-the-forza-4-limited-collectors-edition

The Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Motorsport 4 will cost £59.99, and is exclusive to Game and subsidiary shop-chain Gamestation.

There are pre-order bonuses for the Standarad Edition of Forza 4 at various UK shops. Game gives a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (unfortunate acronym alert); Gamestation gives a Mini John Cooper Works Clubman; Amazon gives an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde; HMV gives a Honda CR-Z EX; and Zavvi, The Hut and ShopTo give a BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Ah well looks like i will be shopping at game then, i got £2.50 worth of points to use.

So they have listed 10 cars for pre order/limited edition, plus 10 unnamed american muscle cars, the bmw 2012 is a download via xbox live and 5 different pre order cars from 5 different shops, where u cant get em all unless you buy 5 copies of the game:D That is alot of cars missing from the disc:mad:

I've been looking most of the day where to pre-order the LCE, looks like it will be game getting my £60 then. I would've thought Amazon would get the LCE though.

I've just been checking that new 'speed' wheel out...not really my kinda thing (unashamed force feedback wheel user)...I'm really interested in seeing the new Fantec wheel and the new Madcatz ones. The wheels being shown on the insidesimracing.com forza 4 launch party video look fantastic. Got my fingers crossed they'll be a Mosler in the game that doesn't require me to get it on DLC.

Here's a link to the new speedwheel http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Speed-Wheel-Xbox-360/dp/B0057M7HPC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309273056&sr=8-2

Also i've never pre-ordered before so would like to know how quickly the game arrives...is it the launch day or is it mailed out on launch day? (Someone's booking the day off for some racing!)

Here's my baby 908 from FM3 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jkjfpi&s=7
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Will definitely purchase Forza 4 as I loved the third. I hope the collectors edition is as nice as Forza 3s, it was well presented and fairly reasonably priced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep that would be great, instead MS have announced that a new wheel is indeed on the way for the launch of Forza 4 and it's a cheap £40 wireless thing (similar to the Wii's Mario Kart wheel lol) that I think works with kinect. I mean seriously, do they have any idea?

Really looking forward to this game though. :)

The problem is the Logitech wheels use a forcefeed back channel that is inaccessible to the Xbox. It would mean reprogramming the console and wheels....clearly MS like to keep the circle small as it can be done...they just don't want it done!

Makes a nice change to see Forza being discussed in here...I was beginning to think these were the COD forums...
    Forum Member
    I didn't know that, why is the FF channel inaccessible on the 360?

Looks like it's the Fanatec Wheel then, I'll start saving now and by the time I hit middle age I should be able to afford it. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can now pre order the limited edition from game - http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Racing-Car/Forza-Motorsport-4-Limited-Edition/~r355428/?s=forza+4

Only 107 days to go:(

The next thing too look forward to is the demo:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that, why is the FF channel inaccessible on the 360?

Looks like it's the Fanatec Wheel then, I'll start saving now and by the time I hit middle age I should be able to afford it. ;)

It's called the HID force feedback loop...for some reason MS won't let wheel users access this feedback loop. I don't know why it's like that...kinda annoying our choices of FFB wheels are limited.

I got my pre order reserved now....They say 107 days but I'm hopeful it'll arrive a few days early :-)

Now to save up for a new wheel...(My MS one is wearing out)

Oh btw there are various demo's out of the game..youtube them or go to insideracing.com to see a full on preview from the launch party