2 Broke Girls (E4, UK Pace, No Spoilers)

Comments

• Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this series has picked up from last series which was poor.
    I've really enjoyed the last few episodes with the T-shirt arc.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching last nights episode. The actor doing the Irish accent just makes me cringe every time ..
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching last nights episode. The actor doing the Irish accent just makes me cringe every time ..

He was dreadful. Doubt he has ever been to Ireland. But he is gorgeous so I don't care
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was dreadful. Doubt he has ever been to Ireland. But he is gorgeous so I don't care

Hey, I can appreciate that. There are plenty of things I watch simply because of certain women.

I only tuned in to Wayward Pines because of Shannyn Sossamon and Carla Gugino :D
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That episode with Nashit - not only was it the worst Irish accent i've heard, it was also the worst acting i've ever seen committed to screen. It was truly diabolical.

I just had to IMDB the actor, believe it or not he's actually Irish! :o Dublin born and bred! Sadly for us he's in the show till the end of the season.

This show is so far removed from what it used to be. It's just not as funny anymore and the jokes are a LOT less adult.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It goes through stages of being ok then goes off again.
    It works best when the girls are at the diner interacting with the other cast members. I don't like the new jobs they have at The High and any of the characters in that storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who spoke about the Irish accent a couple of weeks back haven't heard anything yet! Did anyone see the latest episode? Nash's mum came to visit. It truly was the worst Irish accent i have ever heard! It was just dreadful.

I had to double check the actress wasn't Irish just in case (the actor who plays Nash is) and yip she's American. So to her that's how the Irish sound! :o:D

Some good jokes in this one though. 2 eps left before the season is over.
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    For those who spoke about the Irish accent a couple of weeks back haven't heard anything yet! Did anyone see the latest episode? Nash's mum came to visit. It truly was the worst Irish accent i have ever heard! It was just dreadful.

I had to double check the actress wasn't Irish just in case (the actor who plays Nash is) and yip she's American. So to her that's how the Irish sound! :o:D

Some good jokes in this one though. 2 eps left before the season is over.

The actor playing Nash isn't Irish (if the terrible accent isn't enough then he also confirms this on his twitter).

I thought his was the worst accent I've ever heard but no the mother went and topped that!! I actually thought she was Swedish at first. :D

Saying that Nash is starting to grow on me, especially the more we keep seeming him in his underwear... :blush:
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope to God Nash isn't in the next season. Surely they could of actually found an Irish actor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Hope to God Nash isn't in the next season. Surely they could of actually found an Irish actor?

He is Irish :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actor playing Nash isn't Irish (if the terrible accent isn't enough then he also confirms this on his twitter).

I thought his was the worst accent I've ever heard but no the mother went and topped that!! I actually thought she was Swedish at first. :D

I checked the actor's IMDB page when he first appeared on 2BG a few weeks back. It said he was Irish. I checked it just now and that info has now been removed. So it looks like you're right. I googled his Twitter account and he does say Nash is Irish, i'm not. Either way him and the actress playing his mother both had the worst Irish accents ever, his mother especially! Both horrendous.

Thank god he's finished with the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if E4 still actually have the rights to this show ?

Coming up to a whole year since Season 4 finished and no sign of it anywhere. You'd assume it would start after the Big Bang Theory, but that's still potentially another 8 weeks away at least.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very odd, Its not like they can't follow the format of the past 2 years either of Big Bang, B99 and 2 Broke Girls from 8.30-10pm

They only show a B99 repeat at 9.30 instead of anything new so not sure why they havn't started it already?

Waiting to pair with New Girl when they eventually bring that back perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    It is very odd, Its not like they can't follow the format of the past 2 years either of Big Bang, B99 and 2 Broke Girls from 8.30-10pm

They only show a B99 repeat at 9.30 instead of anything new so not sure why they havn't started it already?

Waiting to pair with New Girl when they eventually bring that back perhaps?

A pairing with New Girl would make sense i suppose, but I'm sure that's been back already.

It's been renewed for Season 6 as well so we could potentially be at least a whole series behind. I may well just grab it at 'US Pace' if it looks like they don't have the rights any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pairing with New Girl would make sense i suppose, but I'm sure that's been back already.

It's been renewed for Season 6 as well so we could potentially be at least a whole series behind. I may well just grab it at 'US Pace' if it looks like they don't have the rights any more.

I'm positive E4 have the rights. I think they're just waiting to show it back to back with the new season of New Girl. I think it's likely it will return late Spring/early Summer.

I'm more curious about if E4 have the rights to The Mindy Project since it's now being shown on Hulu over in the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm positive E4 have the rights. I think they're just waiting to show it back to back with the new season of New Girl. I think it's likely it will return late Spring/early Summer.

I'm more curious about if E4 have the rights to The Mindy Project since it's now being shown on Hulu over in the US.

I tweeted E4 and this is what I (eventually) got back ..
    It has been a bit of a wait but #2BrokeGirls will return shortly. We will keep you updated as soon as we have a date.

So by that I assume they do indeed have the rights, but we'll still be a full season behind by the time they eventally start showing it as Season 5 finishes on the 16th of May in the US.

If they show the remainder of the big bang theory episodes without a break, it'll be a maximum of 8 more weeks so they'll certainly have a slot then to start showing it i'd have thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 5 returns to E4 on Tue 21st June at 8pm with a double bill.

8pm? Does that mean it will be censored as 2BG is known for being risque or have they toned that down now?
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

8pm? Does that mean it will be censored as 2BG is known for being risque or have they toned that down now?

If previous years are anything to go by, E4 will edit the cr*p (and any other pre-watershed dodgyness) out of them, so prepare for sudden cuts and outbursts from the studio audience that make no sense at all.

Don't know why E4 show it at such an early time, or at all, if they're just going to hack the heck out of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good to know it's coming back, but it's irrelevant for me now as i've watched all of Season 5.

Tuesday isn't it's normal night either - it usually runs on Thursdays.

If they run one a week, straight through to the end, Season 6 will have begun in the US before the UK finishes Season 5. Typical :)
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if they'll move it to thursdays in a couple of weeks as BBT finishes next week??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As JW said it's been given a new timeslot of Tue nights.

It's strange why they couldn't have waited a couple of weeks until TBBT finishes for them to place the new season of 2BG in its regular Thur night slot.

JW - is season 5 any good or just the same old same old stuff with the cupcakes and all that?
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEW Series 5 EXTRA Information !!!
    Stigid wrote: »
    2 Broke Girls New Series 5

Tue, June 21 · 20:00-20:30 · E4
    Tue, June 21 · 20:30-21:00 · E4

Double Bill

1)
    When the city's planners target Han's diner and Max and Caroline's cupcake outlet for destruction, the women and diner staff team up to save their businesses.

2)
    When the shower at their apartment breaks, Caroline and Max get part-time jobs in the juice bar at a fancy gym in order to gain access to the changing room facilities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JW - is season 5 any good or just the same old same old stuff with the cupcakes and all that?

Sorry, didn't see this :)

I liked it. There are a few non-cupcake related story arcs which are quite good. There's even a 3 episode arc where they're not even in the diner at all.

Certainly worth a watch if you like the show. Without giving anything away, the finale sets up a rather interesting angle for Season 6 though.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    2 Broke Girls New Series 5

Tue, June 21 · 20:00-20:30 · E4
    Tue, June 21 · 20:30-21:00 · E4

Double Bill

Also a double bill the following week...

Tue, June 28 · 20:00-20:30 · E4
    Tue, June 28 · 20:30-21:00 · E4
  • LeeleeSTARLeeleeSTAR Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if any of the replays will be either after the watershed and if so will they show unedited versions like they have sometimes in the past?