Why David Hasselhoff!!!

pcombopcombo Posts: 261
Forum Member
Why is he even a judge he is one of the most boring looking men ever his face is like what the hell.

Louis Walsh should be a permanent judge.

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I prefer Louis to David Hasselhoff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made me laugh when I read he suggested Amanda Holden and Michael McIntyre aren't famous enough :D

http://www.britainsgottalent2011.net/latest-news/holden-and-mcintyre-are-not-famous-says-the-hoff/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    He was awful tonight in Glasgow!! All he talks about is how 'God' loves everyone one and he copies everything Amanda does! Only good thing he did was the only one to say yes to a very good act that were eventually brought back out after a hell of a lot of booing of Amanda especially!
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't mention God that often lol. Actually now that mention it he did a few times.

About the drummer act, I was kind of agreeing with Amanda and Michael, they did get a bit boring until they introduced their 'new' routine. Although there's no way they deserved 2 nos. Glad they brought them back on.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Louis but the drinking game that went along with Hoff's every appearance on AGT made it hilariously good fun :D:p
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Love Louis but the drinking game that went along with Hoff's every appearance on AGT made it hilariously good fun :D:p

Thought he was a strange choice but never watched AGT so maybe i will pleasantly surprised but only if he is still playing the drinking game by the sounds of things ;)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    Thought he was a strange choice but never watched AGT so maybe i will pleasantly surprised but only if he is still playing the drinking game by the sounds of things ;)

The “America’s Got Talent” DRINKING GAME!!!

Take a drink when...

…David Hasslehoff says ANY of the following:
    • “You know what?”
    • “You’re what this competition is all about!”
    • “You nailed it!”

….any contestant cries

…Piers Morgan gets booed

…Sharon Osborne calls anyone “darling” or “missus”
    (double shot if “missus” is directed to a minor)

link

If The Hoff refers to himself as such or makes a pun on 'Hoff' then you drain your drink :eek: :D

Not that I am recommending binge drinking :o
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    The “America’s Got Talent” DRINKING GAME!!!

Take a drink when...

…David Hasslehoff says ANY of the following:
    • “You know what?”
    • “You’re what this competition is all about!”
    • “You nailed it!”

….any contestant cries

…Piers Morgan gets booed

…Sharon Osborne calls anyone “darling” or “missus”
    (double shot if “missus” is directed to a minor)

link

If The Hoff refers to himself as such or makes a pun on 'Hoff' then you drain your drink :eek: :D

Not that I am recommending binge drinking :o

Ohhhh got it now, thanks for the link, looks like a good game, better stock up ready :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pcombo wrote: »
    Why is he even a judge he is one of the most boring looking men ever his face is like what the hell.

Louis Walsh should be a permanent judge.

They needed someone to make Michael McIntyre look funny and interesting and less of a twat?

How do badly do you think the rating will suffer from the worst choice of judges possible?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    lectrospin wrote: »
    They needed someone to make Michael McIntyre look funny and interesting and less of a twat?

How do badly do you think the rating will suffer from the worst choice of judges possible?

Didn't Simon say at NTAs that the change will be good for BGT. Time will tell when it's aired in April. Personally I think ratings will go down this year. Might be completely wrong though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having recently been to the auditions I would suggest both the Hoff and Michael McIntyre will be positive changes for BGT. The Hoff adds a slight unhinged craziness and Michael was genuinely really funny. He also gives some well thought out criticism. I found that he was spot on with his opinions on the all the acts and constructive.

Whilst at first I was a little gutted not to be seeing Simon in the flesh, I realised it was a positive change. Simon now has a predictability in his comments and he always sounds scripted. This line up was fresh and, whilst I don't doubt they are told who they should put through, they all sounded very genuine. It makes me hope rumours are true and Cowell (and Cole) do not return for X-Factor. I think it might just work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSCruel wrote: »
    Having recently been to the auditions I would suggest both the Hoff and Michael McIntyre will be positive changes for BGT. The Hoff adds a slight unhinged craziness and Michael was genuinely really funny. He also gives some well thought out criticism. I found that he was spot on with his opinions on the all the acts and constructive.

Whilst at first I was a little gutted not to be seeing Simon in the flesh, I realised it was a positive change. Simon now has a predictability in his comments and he always sounds scripted. This line up was fresh and, whilst I don't doubt they are told who they should put through, they all sounded very genuine. It makes me hope rumours are true and Cowell (and Cole) do not return for X-Factor. I think it might just work.

All they need now is Katie Price and they'll have the three least talented people in the world judging a talent contest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lectrospin wrote: »
    All they need now is Katie Price and they'll have the three least talented people in the world judging a talent contest.

Whether you think McIntyre is a good comedian or not, it doesn't negate the fact that he has sold out stand up tours which suggests a modicum of talent. I wasn't a massive fan of him before, but I found him genuinely funny. I also found he gave the most constructive feedback and I usually agreed with everything he said.
    Hasslehoff 's acting has admittedly never been award winning, and i can't say I've ever found it impressive. However he has a fair few acting jobs over the years which, again, suggests he does possess some talent.
    Most importantly, I feel they both came across much more genuine in their criticisms of the acts. Cowell has become so predictable in his comments and delivery. A definite improvement I would suggest. Probably best we leave Pwicey off th judging panel though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you think McIntyre is a good comedian or not, it doesn't negate the fact that he has sold out stand up tours which suggests a modicum of talent. I wasn't a massive fan of him before, but I found him genuinely funny. I also found he gave the most constructive feedback and I usually agreed with everything he said.

What he didn't just copy everyone else like his 'comedy' act?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    When I heard he was a judge I was a bit disappointed but having seem him at the auditions in Liverpool I have to say I thought he was better than I thought he'd be.

Also he was very personable along with Michael with the audience. During every break he was chatting away to the crowd, and as an added bonus I got a high five off him and a handshake off Michael :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I prefer David Hasselhoff to Louis Walsh. Louis has to be the most annoying person ever, he's clueless and comes out with the most outrageous comments. He's Irish as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    Unifix wrote: »
    He's Irish as well!

That made me laugh.:D If you were being intentionally humourous then I applaud you:D

If you weren't, then I just feel grubby now:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    Hasslehoff 's acting has admittedly never been award winning, and i can't say I've ever found it impressive. However he has a fair few acting jobs over the years which, again, suggests he does possess some talent.

You are referring to the man whose musical talents singlehandledly brought about the demolition of the Berlin Wall you know.;)

According to him, anyway.
  • Benny_CHtBenny_CHt Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we have to have a token American in everything as we are incapable of doing anything without one. :rolleyes:
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Louie Walsh already features on tv for 6 months of the year.

Do we really need him on for another 2 months of the year?

Hoff was funny at the Liverpool auditions. He's got a cult student audience and is far cooler than Walsh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    That made me laugh.:D If you were being intentionally humourous then I applaud you:D

If you weren't, then I just feel grubby now:o
    I love Irish people. They've got a great accent!:D
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This has got me looking forward to it now! :D I enjoyed the article in the DM today too - it does sound like the three personalities, work well together, and they're having a great laugh. I only wish it was tonight - absolutely, sweet FA - on! :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1374040/Fresh-talent-Amanda-Holden-says-new-BGT-funnier-Simon-Cowell-s-gone.html
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hoff (and anyone except the Pierced Organ bloke) is more preferable then that Cow bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been fond of him but I so prefer him to Cowell, wow it's so refreshing not to have his overshown scowl there...
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    ITV have clearly hidden the beer! :D I think he's on the wagon since his last rehab.