Options

£40million "bid" for Suarez from Bayern

2»

Comments

• Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless Liverpool have a Michu on their radar then theres no point selling him from a purely footballing point of view unless they are sick of his diving/racism etc and just want the negative publicity to be gone
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like I say a nonsense thread! :p
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Unless Liverpool have a Michu on their radar then theres no point selling him from a purely footballing point of view unless they are sick of his diving/racism etc and just want the negative publicity to be gone
    I guess that new contract for Michu will come in handy then :D
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    frost wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but who are you? a Moderator? No.

If you want the thread to "rest" why dont you feel free to not reply multiple times in all of which all you are essentially telling the OP he's being stupid.

To answer the OP, I'd sell Suarez for £40 million straight away.

The OP has settled into another thread where he constantly slags of Liverpool FC, deliberately getting their managers name wrong and basically laughing at the club. However if you mention anything about Chelsea to him he dismisses it as "speculation" and berates people for commenting on speculation. In those circumstances you'll excuse me if i question the thought process behind starting a thread about a player in a team he has nothing but contempt for and a bid that hasnt actually been made.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think 40m is actually on the cusp pf what would be a good price.

If the rumors and media speculations are true, it looks like a bid will come in this summer as Pep is apparently a big fan. I guess for LFC it will be like selling the crown jewel again but it would give them an opportunity to build on what they have started.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Selling Suarez would be taking 100 steps backwards, not a starting point for growth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I think 40m is actually on the cusp pf what would be a good price.

If the rumors and media speculations are true, it looks like a bid will come in this summer as Pep is apparently a big fan. I guess for LFC it will be like selling the crown jewel again but it would give them an opportunity to build on what they have started.

Still talking twaddle I see.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe for one minute that Bayern will bid £40m for Suarez.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,955
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I don't believe for one minute that Bayern will bid £40m for Suarez.

Neither do I. Do they have that kind of money after buying Martinez earlier this season?

However, if they or anyone else actually do bid that kind of cash, the FSG boys will go into a moneyball fueled orgasm that'll last a week.

More worrying, they're actually stupid enough to sell at this stage in the season.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Neither do I. Do they have that kind of money after buying Martinez earlier this season?

I'd be surprised. £35m on Martinez, £12m on Mandzukic, £11m on Shaqiri all in the summer, so unless they're looking to let a big name go, I can't see where they're going to pull another £40m from.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    I'd be surprised. £35m on Martinez, £12m on Mandzukic, £11m on Shaqiri all in the summer, so unless they're looking to let a big name go, I can't see where they're going to pull another £40m from.

Same place the OP pulled this thread from
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see he's complaining about a media frenzy about the ballboy incident. Uncomfortable when the shoes on the other foot isn't it. ho ho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    £50m +
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    I see he's complaining about a media frenzy about the ballboy incident. Uncomfortable when the shoes on the other foot isn't it. ho ho.

I have stated many many times in this forum that the UK media has a not so hidden agenda regarding hounding suarez out of the game.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Widely reported in the media, but not official yet hence me putting the "bid" in quotes.

You may stand down now.

So you should have no problem posting the links.

But where are they????? ;)
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are a few, including LFC online, Guardian, Mirror, Huffington Post etc. I'm not sure that they mean in the January window though. They also say Pep is after Falcao, have Bayern got that kind on money ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Try the talk***** bulletins today
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    There are a few, including LFC online, Guardian, Mirror, Huffington Post etc. I'm not sure that they mean in the January window though. They also say Pep is after Falcao, have Bayern got that kind on money ?

Well they must've got some good money by being Champions League runner ups.

It is said that Suárez's agent is Pep Guardiola's brother. That can make me worry a little but I doubt Luis will go. FSG might be a problem though if they're offered that kind of money.