Options

I think the X factor itself is in danger now.

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
While I welcome the return of Cheryl and Simon, it hasn't been quite enough to bring back the magic.

The format itself is stale and their continued attempts to manipulate the whole process as if it's the WWE is just irritating.

I've stuck with it, but there's not really any part of me which cares anymore. The viewer number slide can't be halted IMO and the show needs to be benched at least if not cancelled altogether and replaced with something better. It shouldn't take lessons from the Voice though, as that is utter garbage.

Comments

• Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally hope it crashes & burns, the sooner the better so it'll hurt that puppet skowel in the pocket!

As you say it's a farce, the manipulation & bullying that goes on, on the show is quite frankly disgusting!
    It is nothing more than a packaging plant for that muppet Simon!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If XF was a horse, they'd have shot it by now.
  • Options
    bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's run it's course & it's just become a tired & stale light entertainment show. The format has remained the same with karaoke wannabees singing tired old songs even the search for dated boybands is so boring.The programme has refused to move with the times & there's nothing sincere about the judges comments, it's just a cash cow on a conveyor belt of disposable artists with no credible act coming out of it (Olly Muirs 2015 annual is now on sale in poundland). I personally would have liked to have seen the format used by Live & Unsigned where the act had to sing half an original song & the other half a cover, this would then show the act that it has true talent in it's songwriting ability & the playing of a instrument & to make it universally interesting end with a cover usually in the same key so it becomes an interesting melody, instead what you've got is a bunch of bedroom singers singing songs that we've all heard a thousand times. At the end of the day though would a true talent really want to appear on a show as naff as this? I doubt it.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I myself will come and save this show next year NP.
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

....... and Simon would find a way to sell and feed it to us in our Supermarkets .....down to the last piece of Tripe ......
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....... and Simon would find a way to sell and feed it to us in our Supermarkets .....down to the last piece of Tripe ......

How very true! lol :D
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    The X Factors managers mess around with the format too much making the acts and the music bland and boring.

Where is the rough and ready?

Big Band week 2014, one I normally love, was sanitised by adding a bank of string instruments....YUK! The best Big Band ever was when Alexandra Burke sung Candy Man in 1940s costume and vocals; her superb performance turned it around for her and she went on to win. That was really Bib Band.

When I hear this years song choices I always groan at the blandness of most of the choices. And Brian Friedman's over the top costume and dancers, well, time to send him packing. You can't dress mutton as lamb.

X FACTOR WOULD BE MUCH BETTER IF ITV LISTENED TO THEIR VIEWERS, BUT THEY DON'T, OF COURSE, THNKING THAT THEY KNOW BETTER HUH!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I think XF needs to take a break for at least two years maybe more, like big brother, I think people just get fed up with it now.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have said for years that the show should be every two years, not every year
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show definitely needs to take a break if not for good at least for a couple of years
  • Options
    floyd3592floyd3592 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    The show definitely needs to take a break if not for good at least for a couple of years

I have to agree. the week when there were 4 COMPLETELY flat singing performances and all of the judges praised the act nearly sent me packing but I stuck with it when Cowell made reference to it the next week saying that they hadn't hear in the theatre what we heard at home so I cut 'em some slack, but the manoeuvring out of Paul whilst keeping in the execrable Stevi and Octotwats was the final straw for me, although I did watch a bit of it tonight, in passing I have to say, whilst the missus was watching.

At least a 2 year break is required.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    There must be a way of making a show like this successful again.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    No way will it win back ratings fm SCD, even if the intention of bringing back Simon and Cheryl was to put it back into the popularity polls again. ...it failed!!!:D:D
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XF is dead in the water if Simon/Cheryl mix come back next year.

They desperately need to settle down the first part of the series and revamp the lives.

Simon has relied only on him and Cheryl to boost ratings and have been really lazy with the live show format.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Ever see the film "They Shoot Horses, Don't they."?

When it comes to the contestants and audience - XFactor is heading that way.
  • Options
    sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Alexandra back, and she knocks spots off all this years contestants.

Even Fleur hasn't got the vibrancy of that performance. They all seem so laid back this year. It's like the spark has gone.

Time for a format change?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revamp the whole format of the show
    cut out all of the controversies, bias and fix allegations
    select finalists based on their TALENT!!!!!!
    no more joke acts
    get rid of the same old bloody sob stories that come up every year
    get rid of all these same one-liners and cliches in the contestants VTs
    stop all the manipulation and make the public feel like they are in control of the results
    get rid of some of the judges and replace them e.g. Louis Walsh.

If not then just AXE this FARCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!