Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion 42 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a few of you watch What Culture and WCPW the announcemt they have now started What Culture Extra seems to have made people lose their minds because for exclusive content (inc WCPW a day early and the IPPV's) you have to pay about £5 a month.

I don't see a problem with this and have already signed up it seems to be more than worth the money.

i've done the same :D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    i've done the same :D

Have you seen the Youtube comments people getting really upset over it.

I thought Loaded was tonight but can't see it maybe that is next week when the free trial ends?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the Youtube comments people getting really upset over it.

I thought Loaded was tonight but can't see it maybe that is next week when the free trial ends?

they wanted it to stay free on youtube

i think it is next week
  • Options
    Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see they've announced Royal Rumble 2017 is to be held at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas. 20th anniversary of the 1997 edition being held there and first time they've had a non-WM PPV in a stadium sized facility since that event.

I wonder if it's a sly response to all the detractors and bemoaning of the state of the company? The event 20 years ago was both somewhat of a response those questioning whether WCW was about to run them out of business and an attempt to make Shawn Michaels seem more popular than he was.
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee_Smith2 wrote: »
    The Undertaker hated the Ministry angle, which I assume is why it was never brought back in any capacity. Regardless, the WWE haven't been able to book or script a 8 month TV series type storyline properly in a long long time. Even the good ones (Nexus, Summer of Punk, Bryan vs The Authority) left a lot to be desired.

I'm kind of glad Undertaker and Sting never worked together in any capacity under the McMahon family of the 2010's.

Well that's too bad. The mid carders along with Kane would do the dirty work, while Taker and Sting turn up on raw occasionally to talk smack and deliver the odd chokeslam/death drop.

The ministry angle while outright shocking at times, (the hanging of boss man being one), was my favourite persona of Undertaker.
  • Options
    LeeleeSTARLeeleeSTAR Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they've announced Royal Rumble 2017 is to be held at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas. 20th anniversary of the 1997 edition being held there and first time they've had a non-WM PPV in a stadium sized facility since that event.

I wonder if it's a sly response to all the detractors and bemoaning of the state of the company? The event 20 years ago was both somewhat of a response those questioning whether WCW was about to run them out of business and an attempt to make Shawn Michaels seem more popular than he was.

It depends how the decide to lay the event out. When basketball is on there they usually only have 20,000 capacity. Ice hockey has a 36000 capacity there.

I had no idea the 1997 rumble was in front of a crowd of 60,525 so I'm sure they are going for the whole stadium again.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    It's not a long time to sell tickets for it. If Jim Cornette is to be believed it was 47, 515 paid and the rest were comps. I don't know if WWE would give over 12,000 comp tickets ever again lol.
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    They did 48,014 paid last time, but they were selling cheap tickets everywhere before the free comps. Nothing to stop them setting the show up similar to what basketball have done in the past.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read someone claim it was announced that there'd be dedicated Rumbles to each brand. Is that the rubbish I think it is?
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    Just read someone claim it was announced that there'd be dedicated Rumbles to each brand. Is that the rubbish I think it is?

Rubbish.

The following is from WWE's press release on their website:

The event will be highlighted by a 30-man over-the-top-rope Royal Rumble match featuring WWE Superstars from both Raw® and SmackDown®, where the winner will receive a title opportunity at WrestleMania® 33 in Orlando on April 2, 2017.

Link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of the Royal Rumble, who do you think will win it?

My top picks are:
    Finn Balor
    Randy Orton
    Kevin Owens
    Brock Lesnar

I can't see the winner being Rollins or Cena because I picture them facing HHH and Undertaker respectively. Owens probably will have dropped the title by the Rumble, maybe due to Jericho. Styles could hold onto the title until WM where he faces Randy Orton.

Having said that, I can also imagine Styles to drop the title at Orton at the Rumble PPV. Brock wins the Rumble and chooses to face Orton for the title at WM.
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Speaking of the Royal Rumble, who do you think will win it?

My top picks are:
    Finn Balor
    Randy Orton
    Kevin Owens
    Brock Lesnar

I can't see the winner being Rollins or Cena because I picture them facing HHH and Undertaker respectively. Owens probably will have dropped the title by the Rumble, maybe due to Jericho. Styles could hold onto the title until WM where he faces Randy Orton.

Having said that, I can also imagine Styles to drop the title at Orton at the Rumble PPV. Brock wins the Rumble and chooses to face Orton for the title at WM.

I think they are going to try to get Lesnar to face either Goldberg or The Rock at the next Mania. To be honest, the way they have booked him in matches the last 12 months he could face Health Slater for all I care. The match would be the same as if he faced a big name star. Some suplex's 2/3 F5's and the pin to win.

As for the Rumble, I personally would have a few choices I would like to see win. Luke Harper for my 1st pick, get him back and push him hard. He is the best of the Wyatt family and given time could be either top face or heel.

Cesaro would be my 2nd pick but hey no point saying why as Vince is more interested in keeping in the mid cards for ever.

Last choice would be Rusev, yet agian he has been used to feed another guy (Reigns) in making them look good but my God Vince, you have a top heel just waiting to be used correctly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    I think they are going to try to get Lesnar to face either Goldberg or The Rock at the next Mania. To be honest, the way they have booked him in matches the last 12 months he could face Health Slater for all I care. The match would be the same as if he faced a big name star. Some suplex's 2/3 F5's and the pin to win.

As for the Rumble, I personally would have a few choices I would like to see win. Luke Harper for my 1st pick, get him back and push him hard. He is the best of the Wyatt family and given time could be either top face or heel.

Cesaro would be my 2nd pick but hey no point saying why as Vince is more interested in keeping in the mid cards for ever.

Last choice would be Rusev, yet agian he has been used to feed another guy (Reigns) in making them look good but my God Vince, you have a top heel just waiting to be used correctly

Agreed on Lesnar. His matches went from being exciting and must-watch to boring and repetitive so quickly. The only people I can see beating him clean are Reigns, The Rock and Goldberg. If anyone else beats him, it'll be because of a dodgy ending or because of a special stipulation. I think Vince is too scared to have anyone else best Lesnar clean under normal stipulations.

I agree on Rusev and Cesaro winning the Rumble. I'd love to see them win it. Especially Rusev. However, I can't see WWE management getting behind them and giving them the win. As for Harper, I like his work, but don't think he's ready yet.
  • Options
    Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit left field but I'd like to see The Miz win the Royal Rumble. To me he's excelled this year and is getting better with age. What he lacks in comparison to the athletic wrestlers, he more than makes up in being a killer heel, character and promo guy.
  • Options
    LeeleeSTARLeeleeSTAR Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if The Rock would feel the risk of injury is too risky to his film career to fight Lesnar.

The winner of the Rumble really depends on how story lines go between no and January so its a bit difficult to predict yet.

If Finn Balor is ready to come back then i could see him being in with a shout.

Maybe if Cena doesn't win the title between now and January then he could win to set up one last chance of winning the title at Wrestlemania.

Personally i hope its Kurt Angle though. Kevin Owens would also be good if he isn't still holding the Raw title then.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    A bit left field but I'd like to see The Miz win the Royal Rumble. To me he's excelled this year and is getting better with age. What he lacks in comparison to the athletic wrestlers, he more than makes up in being a killer heel, character and promo guy.

Agree with this, It would be good to see him win it and be taken seriously. I wouldn't even have him drop the IC title, Have him still hold that while being number one contender. Then 1 year after he won the IC title (Night after mania) have someone from NXT come out and beat him for the IC title.

Whether he wins the WWE title or not won't ruin his character because if he loses both title matches he is a heel so it doesn't matter. And if you have him win it then dropping the IC isn't an issue either
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I am liking some of the wrestlers people are suggesting win the Rumble. It would make it much more interesting to get someone unexpected to win.

Cue Roman Reigns winning again!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Miz seems to be the only person on the roster who gets it in terms of his character.
  • Options
    NeppyNeppy Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have a Raw Royal Rumble and a Smackdown Royal Rumble.
    Reigns wins the Raw Royal Rumble against Kevin Owens.
    A.J. Styles defends his title against John Cena - the winner of the Smackdown Royal Rumble.

Book it!
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I passed this through WWE creative and they fixed it for you:
    Neppy wrote: »
    They should have a Raw Royal Rumble and a Smackdown Royal Rumble.
    Reigns wins the Raw Royal Rumble against Kevin Owens.
    A.J. Styles loses his title against Roman Reigns - also the winner of the Smackdown Royal Rumble.

Phone it in!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    If anything I thought they would up the Royal Rumble and do another 40 man.

1) So Del Rio isn't the only man to ever win one.

2) To make it seem bigger in a big arena.

3)The Brand Split to add more names maybe a few NXT names to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeeleeSTAR wrote: »

Personally i hope its Kurt Angle though. Kevin Owens would also be good if he isn't still holding the Raw title then.

I think Kurt will be back in the WWE next year & will get inducted into the HOF
  • Options
    NeppyNeppy Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    I passed this through WWE creative and they fixed it for you:

Need Reigns to also win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestlemania!
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Well with the 97 rumble, several Mexican wrestlers were brought in to attract the Hispanic market, so I wonder if they'll try and get a deal with someone like CMLL or AAA to fill up a few slots on the rumble.
This discussion has been closed.