Options

Has Thomas King left Emmerdale for good?

Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone know if he will be back?

Comments

• Options
    nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Yes he has left for good.

Samantha Giles tweeted goodbye and that she was going to miss him.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he comes back I liked Thomas.
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. :)

That's a shame, I actually quite liked him.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to be honest and say i think he's been massively overrated!
    Potential for sure, but anyone would think he's the new James Dean going by some of the comments i read.

Came in on a terrible storyline and went out on an even worse one.
    Generally glum, miserable looking face with a scowl to go with it.

Having said that, i could see potential and room for improvement, and think it's an absolute farce they have let him go, yet we still have the atrocious Sean Spencer, and i mean atrocious on every single level. Grrr!!!
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a strange decision from TPTB, I'm quite surprised. It seems Thomas was always meant to have a short stint on the show. But I think it's the wrong time to get rid of him with Cameron set to be revealed as Carl's true killer. They should've at least waited for that storyline to be wrapped up before they ended his stint. I'd have liked to have seen Thomas's reaction to the murder reveal. Are they seriously telling us Thomas wouldn't return to Emmerdale after he finds out that his dad wasn't killed by Chas, but in fact killed by Cameron (the guy who bullied him for weeks)?

I quite liked Thomas myself and thought he was a superior character/actor to Sean the Imbecile, Belle Dingle and all the other teeny characters, because he had a rougher edge to him unlike the others. Seemed like a pretty decent actor too, which is hard to come by with teenage actors. And I really liked the idea of Carl's son taking over his role in the village as chief bad boy :D. A missed opportunity with a potentially interesting character.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually didn't think he was too bad as a character.
  • Options
    nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »
    Potential for sure, but anyone would think he's the new James Dean going by some of the comments i read.

Having said that, i could see potential and room for improvement, and think it's an absolute farce they have let him go, yet we still have the atrocious Sean Spencer, and i mean atrocious on every single level. Grrr!!!

Emmerdale don't like potential.
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    That's a strange decision from TPTB, I'm quite surprised. It seems Thomas was always meant to have a short stint on the show. But I think it's the wrong time to get rid of him with Cameron set to be revealed as Carl's true killer. They should've at least waited for that storyline to be wrapped up before they ended his stint. I'd have liked to have seen Thomas's reaction to the murder reveal. Are they seriously telling us Thomas wouldn't return to Emmerdale after he finds out that his dad wasn't killed by Chas, but in fact killed by Cameron (the guy who bullied him for weeks)?

I quite liked Thomas myself and thought he was a superior character/actor to Sean the Imbecile, Belle Dingle and all the other teeny characters, because he had a rougher edge to him unlike the others. Seemed like a pretty decent actor too, which is hard to come by with teenage actors. And I really liked the idea of Carl's son taking over his role in the village as chief bad boy :D. A missed opportunity with a potentially interesting character.

Yes I wanted a new Carl, he reminded me of him and was decent looking to, proper troubled hot boy look,

Hope he is back soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »

A 'Thomas King' could return in a few years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    A 'Thomas King' could return in a few years.

I'm sure he will. I just think it's the wrong time to get rid of the current Thomas at this particular time with the upcoming murder reveal.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that Thomas will return in next few months. Lets hope so. I could not belive how much like Carl he looked and not a bad actor either.

Come on, lets have Thomas back.
  • Options
    JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its obvious they only brought him back just to Chas' stalker because they had no idea what to do with him afterwards.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did he actually do to get himself so disliked and sent home?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »

Agreed. I doubt he would have been so highly rated if he had not been recast (and aged by a few years. The previous Thomas was around Jacob's age and height:D).
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone explain why the producers let Thomas - a great young actor - go, and kept Sean -who is the opposite?
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone explain why the producers let Thomas - a great young actor - go, and kept Sean -who is the opposite?

It's a puzzler that's for sure :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely he'll be back? Right?

Great actor. Major potential.
  • Options
    Chuckster2Chuckster2 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    He reminded me of his dad who they stupidly killed off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they got rid of Baby Carl but we have to suffer imbecile Sean :mad: Megan is right, he is a degenerate. And Thomas can actually act, hes the best of all the teenagers. He must come back.
  • Options
    laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he actually looked like he would be carls son anyone agree?
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »

Yes, this was commented a lot on here when he joined the programme :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »

Agreed. He actually looks like a mini Carl - an angier-looking version :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Larkenn wrote: »
    Can't believe they got rid of Baby Carl but we have to suffer imbecile Sean :mad: Megan is right, he is a degenerate. And Thomas can actually act, hes the best of all the teenagers. He must come back.

Too true, Larkenn. Well said.
  • Options
    Jer_EddyJer_Eddy Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Didn't Cameron disappear to fetch his kids the same time Thomas disappeared?

Who's to say Cameron didn't kill Thomas before getting the kids.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jer_Eddy wrote: »
    Didn't Cameron disappear to fetch his kids the same time Thomas disappeared?

Who's to say Cameron didn't kill Thomas before getting the kids.

Because we saw Jimmy on the telephone to Colleen (Thomas' mother) being told that he was back home in Saudi Arabia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Surely he'll be back? Right?

Great actor. Major potential.
    The Thomas King character might be back after a few years.