Options

'British' teenagers apparently see Islamic State scum as "pop idols"

Comments

• Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong. She wants theologians to push for reform.

So maybe we don't end-up with another Islamic State.

Prove it. Show us a credible a link. She is actually more left-wing as are most people who don't want the intolerance of Islam growing through world.

Her support of neocons is well known in the U.S.

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/hirsi_ali_ayaan

Fox News jumps to defend her.

Much anti-islamic stance is found in the right wing.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    bollywood wrote: »
    Her support of neocons is well known in the U.S.

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/hirsi_ali_ayaan

I asked for a credible source, not someone else's opinion on a web blog.

Can you provide a link to the 'right fundamentalists' which she is connected with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked for a credible source, not someone else's opinion on a web blog.

Can you provide a link to the 'right fundamentalists' which she is connected with.

Rightweb is part of Institute for Policy Studies.
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Wrong. She wants theologians to push for reform.

So maybe we don't end-up with another Islamic State.

Prove it. Show us a credible a link. She is actually more left-wing as are most people who don't want the intolerance of Islam growing through world.

Knowing left from Right, usually causes confusion...I would say IS are right wing, far, far right.

Hopefully IS will be consigned to the History books, under the heading "Genocide" and a chapter about how another "Final Solution" group has bit the dust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rightweb is part of Institute for Policy Studies.

Can you tell us which 'right fundamentalists' she is connected with.

Yes or No.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you tell us which 'right fundamentalists' she is connected with.

Yes or No.

Neocon fundamentalists.

Who is us? Aren't you just one poster?
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I have to 'admire' any of them?

It could be "live and let live."

There are, as I said, thousands of subsects of Islam especially, many in the US.

I'm asking you about the major countries and sects which make up the vast majority of islam , but as usual you prefer to dodge that .

• Options
    Forum Member
    Neocon fundamentalists.

Who is us? Aren't you just one poster?

Which ones ? What are their names.

The 'us' are the other people waiting for your mountain of evidence that is connected 'right wing fundamentalists'.

http://www.theahafoundation.org/female-genital-mutilation/
    FGM is a Reality in the US

The number of girls under 18 at risk for FGM in the US has quadrupled since 1997. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates 513,000 women and girls are at risk of FGM in the US.

Is standing against FGM being a fundamentalist ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Knowing left from Right, usually causes confusion...I would say IS are right wing, far, far right.

Hopefully IS will be consigned to the History books, under the heading "Genocide" and a chapter about how another "Final Solution" group has bit the dust.

well the Taliban are still going .

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which ones ? What are their names.

The 'us' are the other people waiting for your mountain of evidence that is connected 'right wing fundamentalists'.

http://www.theahafoundation.org/female-genital-mutilation/

Is standing against FGM being a fundamentalist ?

The article names one of the neocons.

Neocons are political fundamentalists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm asking you about the major countries and sects which make up the vast majority of islam , but as usual you prefer to dodge that .

Is there a problem with nuances?

I don't admire any one Islamic country. I don't have to. There are some features I might admire, art, carpets, food. Or do admire.

And no poster is required to answer questions. I might ask why the questions.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Most of them are still going, all relying on each other to prove a point...oddly enough the majority have one thing in common. (the un-Islamic Islam) ;-)

Have a look at this list, their locations and spot the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a problem with nuances?

I don't admire any one Islamic country. I don't have to. There are some features I might admire, art, carpets, food.

And no poster is required to answer questions.

carpets . . . ??

I'm talking bout islamic ideology and how it's represented by the vast sects and countries that use islam as their religion politics etc.
    you just keep dodging this .

• Options
    Forum Member

Most of them are still going, all relying on each other to prove a point...oddly enough the majority have one thing in common. (the un-Islamic Islam) ;-)

Have a look at this list, their locations and spot the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations
  • Options
    Forum Member
    carpets . . . ??

I'm talking bout islamic ideology and how it's represented by the vast sects and countries that use islam as their religion politics etc.

Good Luck with your quest for a logical answer Virgil...perhaps the "carpets" should read "prayer mats?"

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The article names one of the neocons.

Neocons are political fundamentalists.

So you can't prove she is connected with 'right wing fundamentalists' and so moved the goalposts to 'political fundamentalists'.

Therefore you have lied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carpets . . . ??

You aren't getting something. You seem to think that if someone defends X from attack, that means they admire X or want to be like X.

More likely it is against my ethics to attack religion in an unwarranted way.

It makes any religion vulnerable to attack.

So far I'm not seeing proof that Islam is a violent religion or that the Qu'ran compels to violence.

You asked me about a country and I answered. I don't have to admire an ideology either.

What is the point of your question?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you can't prove she is connected with 'right wing fundamentalists' and so moved the goalposts to 'political fundamentalists'.

Therefore you have lied.

No you are misinterpreting or misquoting. There are political fundamentalists in the US. I didn't say religious fundamentalists. Although truth be told, there are many religious fundamentalists in the right wing, and among neocons.

It is generally considered right wing in the US to be so against Islam. You will find it in Fox News and Christian Fundamentalists, generally.

Ali's brand of anti-Islamic speech is generally not welcome by left wing. She is a right wing darling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You aren't getting something. You seem to think that if someone defends X from attack, that means they admire X or want to be like X.

So far I'm not seeing proof that Islam is a violent religion or that the Qu'ran compels to violence.

You asked me about a country and I answered. I don't have to admire an ideology either.

"Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

What is the literal interpretation of a verse which proscribes fighting ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

What is the literal interpretation of a verse which proscribes fighting ?

If you read the piece I linked to about why the Atlantic article dangerously misrepresents Islam, you will see that ISIS doesn't read the Qu'ran literally. It cannot in fact be read literally.

Here:

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/02/18/3624121/atlantic-gets-dangerously-wrong-isis-islam/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the point is that if you want to talk about islam you can't ignore the vast sects and countries that use it as their ideology / politics/religion .

I think you don't want to talk about them because you know that you'll have all sorts of trouble defending them , and yet they represent the vast majority of islam and how it's operated and how it influences muslims . and of course affects many other countries /cultures.

What do you think of Pakistan ?
    Sharia law ?

• Options
    Forum Member
    If you read the piece I linked to about why the Atlantic article dangerously misrepresents Islam, you will see that ISIS doesn't read the Qu'ran literally. It cannot in fact be read literally.

Here:

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/02/18/3624121/atlantic-gets-dangerously-wrong-isis-islam/

Stop dodging the difficult question with external links.

""Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

What is the literal interpretation of a verse which proscribes fighting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop dodging the difficult question with external links.

""Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

What is the literal interpretation of a verse which proscribes fighting.

You can't give a literal interpretation of one verse. You have to weigh it against the entire Qu'ran. That would be like picking something in the OT and doing it.

Also, didn't you omit the part that says if you are selfish or aggressive or a bully you deserve censure?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can't give a literal interpretation of one verse. You have to weigh it against the entire Qu'ran. That would be like picking something in the OT and doing it.

Still can't answer the question.

The Qu'ran is not chronological. Any verse can be used with others.

So

What is the literal interpretation of that verse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the point is that if you want to talk about islam you can't ignore the vast sects and countries that use it as their ideology / politics/religion .

I think you don't want to talk about them because you know that you'll have all sorts of trouble defending them , and yet they represent the vast majority of islam and how it's operated and how it influences muslims . and of course affects many other countries /cultures.

What do you think of Pakistan ?
    Sharia law ?

That's wrong. I don't have to defend sharia law, or Pakistan, in order to point out that many interpretations of Islam function quite well without sharia. Or without emulating Pakistan. There are many imams who teach no such thing.

Are you going to say peaceful Muslims are wrong? How are they wrong?