Comfortable shoes/trainers

Dizzy-GirlDizzy-Girl Posts: 161
Forum Member
Hi all, I need some recommendations for footwear that will be comfortable to wear for 12 hour shifts in a hospital, they have to be black.Many thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Clarks do some really comfy leather shoes. If you want trainers, definitely Nike Air!
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Toms canvas shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, so much so I bought 5 pairs.
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Althought not that attractive, Sketchers are meant to be amazingly comfortable! I dont think Toms would be good for a hospital :/
  • CineastCineast Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in retail so I'm on my feet all day. The most comfortable shoes I've ever found are Crocs Jayna's which do come in black. The design's much less chunky than traditional Crocs and they last a really long time :)
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Dude shoes are by far the most comfy shoes I've ever worn. You barely know they are on!
    https://www.treds.co.uk/search/hey_dude
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cineast wrote: »
    I work in retail so I'm on my feet all day. The most comfortable shoes I've ever found are Crocs Jayna's which do come in black.
    I've had Crocs mentioned to me as I'm on my feet for 12+ hours some days but... Crocs are rubber (or plastic) - don't they make feet sweat and rub feet causing blisters?

Is the instep built up at all to give arch support?

I'd dearly like a pair because they're clearly waterproof which would be very useful but I can't see how I wouldn't just end up with blisters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pair of vans, so comfy.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Doc Martens were always comfortable when I used to wear them. My Dad still swears by them and they last a long time.
  • MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skechers with memory foam insoles, wonderful
  • CineastCineast Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I've had Crocs mentioned to me as I'm on my feet for 12+ hours some days but... Crocs are rubber (or plastic) - don't they make feet sweat and rub feet causing blisters?

Is the instep built up at all to give arch support?

I'd dearly like a pair because they're clearly waterproof which would be very useful but I can't see how I wouldn't just end up with blisters.

I won't lie, things can get a little sweaty on hot days :D But I'm on my third pair and have never had any blisters or rubbing with them, and I'm quite broad across the toes and narrow at the heel so a prime candidate for problems there.

The material on the inside is quite like memory foam in that you sort of sink into it. I've had problems with other flat shoes not giving enough arch support but with these, the sole material kind of rises up to meet you, if you see what I mean.

The waterproofness is a real bonus, especially given your job, and they do scrub up really well with minimal effort - a quick rinse and a wipe and you're good to go.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not cheap but well worth the money are Mephisto shoes. You can get them in a wide variety of colours and styles on amazon and direct from mephisto. An added bonus is that most styles are made in France and not China!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Clarks' Unstructured range is very very popular with people who work in hospitals. I must sell at least one pair every shift to a nurse or doctor. Un Loop are the most popular and I know I work there but honestly they are so frickin' confortable, it's like walking on clouds! I have converted more than a few of my medic friends at uni onto them as well and all have been grateful 😛
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    There are shoes in clarks, not sure of the name, but i would estimate about 25% of the women at work wear them!

Unfortunitely i cant because they are slip on but everyone says theyre really comfortable and last a long time.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cineast wrote: »
    I won't lie, things can get a little sweaty on hot days :D But I'm on my third pair and have never had any blisters or rubbing with them... <snip>
    Great info, thank you very much. I may risk a pair. :)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Whatever you go for get yourself a pair of gel insoles to wear inside them.
  • hils0912hils0912 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I live in Sketchers 'Go Walk' have 4 pairs of them from canvas to suede ones, and find these more comfortable than Crocs (and have never had a blister from either Crocs or Sketchers)

I have converted my mum to Sketchers - she is now a big fan who likes her comforts. Have also had comments from nurses when I have had hospital appointments about how comfortable they look.