Options

Please help! Missing cables Bush Freeview HD Set Top Box DH2636

Hi
This box has been in storage for some time. I have just got it out ready to use and it appears I have foolishly got rid of some of the cables.
I'm a complete technophobe and had a huge pile of wires that I didn't know what to do with so gave them away. A year ago. To someone from Facebook...
Now I want to replace the cables but have no idea where to start, are they specific to the model or are they cables I can pick up anywhere?

The sockets are labelled:
RF LOOP THROUGH
RF IN
HDMI OUT
DIGITAL AUDIO COAXIAL

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only cables you'll need are for these sockets:

RF LOOP THROUGH
    RF IN
    HDMI OUT

For RF LOOP THROUGH it's a simple female TV coax plug to male TV coax plug. These are cheap to buy from supermarkets or online for a matter of a pound or two. The quality will be as good as any that came with the box.

For RF IN this is just the aerial cable from the wall connection coming in from the house aerial. If this cable is currently connected to your TV then simply unplug it and connect it to the RF IN of the box as you call it. (The cable you got for RF LOOP THROUGH connects the box to the TV's aerial input. This will then provide a TV aerial signal to both the box and the TV at the same time.)

HDMI OUT requires a HDMI cable. There's tonnes for literally a pound or two on Ebay and Amazon. The HDMI cable is how the TV gets the picture and sound from whatever the box is receiver is tuned in to or has recorded.

That's it. The OPTICA is only of use if you want to connect the sound from the box to a proper surround sound system.
  • Options
    Trophy_SellingTrophy_Selling Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Assuming you already have an aerial feed you only need one cable to get you going, an HDMI cable. It only need cost a £ as well at a £ shop.

Plug your aerial feed into RF in and HDMI out with your new £1 cable to your TV.

EDIT. It just occurred to me you need a mains supply as well. Does this box use an external wall wort supply and have you got it if it does?

Hi Winston
    Thanks for your reply, really helpful, yes I have aerial (currently plugged into telly) d I still have the mains supply. Pretty sure I have the hdmi ca Le somewhere , will check tomorrow
  • Options
    Trophy_SellingTrophy_Selling Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The only cables you'll need are for these sockets:

RF LOOP THROUGH
    RF IN
    HDMI OUT

For RF LOOP THROUGH it's a simple female TV coax plug to male TV coax plug. These are cheap to buy from supermarkets or online for a matter of a pound or two. The quality will be as good as any that came with the box.

For RF IN this is just the aerial cable from the wall connection coming in from the house aerial. If this cable is currently connected to your TV then simply unplug it and connect it to the RF IN of the box as you call it. (The cable you got for RF LOOP THROUGH connects the box to the TV's aerial input. This will then provide a TV aerial signal to both the box and the TV at the same time.)

HDMI OUT requires a HDMI cable. There's tonnes for literally a pound or two on Ebay and Amazon. The HDMI cable is how the TV gets the picture and sound from whatever the box is receiver is tuned in to or has recorded.

That's it. The OPTICA is only of use if you want to connect the sound from the box to a proper surround sound system.

Hey Chris
    Thanks so much, so glad I posted here, def will in future as these situations do come up now and then....
    Reading your mail I should be able to do the whole thing without going shopping if I find the hdmi cable on the morrow!