Options

How To Get RTÉ In The UK

13»

Comments

• Options
    givecreditgivecredit Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    However, I'd gladly sacrifice UTV HD for the 3 RTE stations, at least until I can get them on the propsed Ni mini mux or from Saorview on Clermont Cairn in October.

You should now be able to receive all the RTE channels, (RTE1, RTE2HD, RTE1+1, RTE NEWSNOW and RTE Junior) on saorsat, the Irish version of freesat. RTE beaming down all over the island of Ireland FTA from 9deg east.
  • Options
    Peter HendersonPeter Henderson Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    givecredit wrote: »
    You should now be able to receive all the RTE channels, (RTE1, RTE2HD, RTE1+1, RTE NEWSNOW and RTE Junior) on saorsat, the Irish version of freesat. RTE beaming down all over the island of Ireland FTA from 9deg east.

Sadly, no equipment currently available either regarding receivers (I've been told the Humax receivers do work, albet with EPG issues) or LNB F's (you can apparently get these on e-bay).

I doubt any of the local satellite installers are geared up for Saorsat. Most of what I've seen on boards.ie has all been home brew equipment and very much Heath Robinson type instalations.

In any case, Saorsat is also going to be useless for the UK unless you live in west Wales or south west Scotland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadly, no equipment currently available either regarding receivers (I've been told the Humax receivers do work, albet with EPG issues) or LNB F's (you can apparently get these on e-bay).

I doubt any of the local satellite installers are geared up for Saorsat. Most of what I've seen on boards.ie has all been home brew equipment and very much Heath Robinson type instalations.

In any case, Saorsat is also going to be useless for the UK unless you live in west Wales or south west Scotland.

Equipment available for last 3 weeks. Twin KA lnb and 80cm dish can be purchased from onwave.ie including deliver to anywhere in Ireland for €65 or €35 for lnb only.
    Any DVB S2 hd receiver will pick up saorsat. An approved receiver available. Triax TSC114.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    givecredit wrote: »
    Equipment available for last 3 weeks. Twin KA lnb and 80cm dish can be purchased from onwave.ie including deliver to anywhere in Ireland for €65 or €35 for lnb only.
    Any DVB S2 hd receiver will pick up saorsat. An approved receiver available. Triax TSC114.
    But the technical implemention is UNLIKE any existing satellite (where simply getting reception is the key and with a larger dish you can pull in many "out of area" satellites). The way that Sarosat works means that the spot beams are VERY well defined and the normal rules no longer apply! There are web-sites explaining how this works - but I don't have a reference to hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    But the technical implemention is UNLIKE any existing satellite (where simply getting reception is the key and with a larger dish you can pull in many "out of area" satellites). The way that Sarosat works means that the spot beams are VERY well defined and the normal rules no longer apply! There are web-sites explaining how this works - but I don't have a reference to hand.

Correct. The Saorsat beam should be available across all the island of Ireland. (suitable for henderson in antrim) and parts of west wales and Cornwall in SW England. There are reports of it being picked up in south west scotland too, but when other spot beams are switched on this may cause difficulties in these areas.