Amazon Instant Video/Proxy required?

Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,561
Forum Member
✭✭
I want to buy some TV shows from Amazon Instant Video but it won't let me as it's only offered for the US.

Anybody got round this with a proxy? If so I'm looking for a recommendation, I have no idea how to decide on what would be a good one.

Comments

• radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    I want to buy some TV shows from Amazon Instant Video but it won't let me as it's only offered for the US.

Anybody got round this with a proxy? If so I'm looking for a recommendation, I have no idea how to decide on what would be a good one.

Assuming that there's payments involved the chances are they'd suss that you reside outside of the USA anyway.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radioman2 wrote: »
    Assuming that there's payments involved the chances are they'd suss that you reside outside of the USA anyway.
    I got very close to beating them! I found a proxy server and to get round the payments you set up a new amazon account with a US address (antything) then buy yourself an Amazon gift certificate with your UK account, so no credit card adddress check when you redeem it with your new account. Managed to buy what I wanted but their Amazon unbox software wouldn't accept my proxy server so stuffed!