Favourite Tea Bag

Comments

• The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy those Tesco value ones about 17p for a whole box and I honestly think they're lovely. You have to let them steep longer than more expensive tea bags but I actually prefer them to the Yorkshire Tea that my dad buys. I also like Aldi diplomat tea.
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    Assam tea has been my fave for years now [ Morrison's mainly ]
    Punjana [ Thompsons ] is a recent try .... and it is nice too
    [ it ^^^^ has been [ 80 bags for £1-20p ] reduced at Morrison's recently ]
  • sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Ringtons Tea,

Punjana Tea by Thomsons,

Tetley Green Tea with Mango,

Morrisson's Chai.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do still like Typhoo, but its market share must have plummeted, because it only gets a very small corner of the shelf compared with Tetley etc. I'm sure it used to be much more prominent.

Otherwise I buy Punjana or an Assam.
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Aldi Gold Label. I used to like Morrissons Extra Strong for a while, but then I bought a batch that tasted like it was simply dust.

I like aldi gold label as well! and yorkshire tea :) I also take my own teabags to work!!:D
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I used to only use PG Tips but I've discovered Aldi's tea bags and they are my favourite now. I don't get the love for Yorkshire Tea, I tried some at work once and it was awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    PG Tips, the Fresh One.
  • Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Earl Gray, I hardly have it though.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    PG Tips all the way, no other Tea Bags come close.

Tried Yorkshire Tea, which was way to strong tasting, and Typhoo wasn't much better.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Whittard of Chelsea for me, although I only drink fruit teas now. Can't drink black tea:( Maybe decaffeinated, but haven't tried.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkshire Tea.
  • WhiskeymacWhiskeymac Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I like to start the day with a breakfast tea like Assam and have been a fan of Twinings. I have a shelf of different ones and trot through them as the day progresses: Assam, Earl Gray, Darjeeling, Lapsang Souchong, Chai. I was very annoyed on my last Tescos visit to discover that the latter 3 are now no longer available in 40 packs, just 20, with accompanying price hike. i will therefore be keen to see what else Lidl has to offer, if only I get to visit one.

After a promo taste, I have bought a pack of Dorset Golden Tea. It's a breakfast tea and packed with flavour and I strongly recommend it. The price is pitched low too. They also do strawberry, chamomile and mint tea, if you fancy that sort of thing. I tried them from their free taster pack and I have to admit to being plesently surprised, though not enough to buy in bulk...perhaps 20!!
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a newcomer to tea.......bought some teabags a few weeks ago and had tea for probably the first time in 40 years

I liked it.......I got Sainsbury Taste The Difference English Breakfast Fairtrade Fine Tea

when I was running out I bought a pack of the same ones again.....:blush:

I really think I should try something different as I might find one I like even more, but never having been a tea drinker I'm a bit flummoxed by the choice

I still haven't opened the new pack yet so I might get a different one tomorrow to try when my first pack runs out

Yorkshire Tea seems to have good write ups here........I'll put that on my list !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I popped out to the shops and got some Yorkshire Tea

To be honest I can't tell any difference between that one and the Sainsbury one I had before........
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Punjana is the only tea worth drinking. Tetley and Typhoo are weak pish.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Ahmad English Breakfast teabags
  • maggie thecatmaggie thecat Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkshire Gold for a pot. Twinnings Irish Breakfast for a cup. Or Ahmad of London for the fruit flavoured black teas. Yum.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Punjana (without milk)
    or Pukka teas Chai tea
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earl Grey and the nicest I've tasted is from Lidl, very surprised as it's only 99p as opposed to other brands which are £2.50 plus.

I drink Lidl's Earl Grey and recently tried Aldi's Diplomat Earl Grey which won awards from Which Magazine's "expert tasters". They preferred Aldi's Earl Grey over othets because of it's fragrant citrus taste and aroma. It beat Fortnum & Mason's and Waitrose Earl Grey.

I can tell you that Aldi's Earl Grey is shit compared to Lidl's (beat Fortnum & Masons my arse). It has none of the strong citrus taste and aroma Lidl's has. It barely has any of that classic Earl Grey fragrance or taste. I gave my classic breakfast tea loving old man a cup because he doesn't like Earl Grey, and he thought it was just normal breakfast tea.
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received a batch of Punjana Tea to taste today. The most delicious tea I have ever had. Move over Yorkshire & Typhoo! If you haven't tried it you don't know what your missing :)
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would use anything really except Typhoo and Tesco Value.

Preferably Tetleys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michael09 wrote: »
    I received a batch of Punjana Tea to taste today. The most delicious tea I have ever had. Move over Yorkshire & Typhoo! If you haven't tried it you don't know what your missing :)

Cheers.......I'll look out for that one

Tesco might have it in the Irish Aisle........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got some Punjana Tea at Morrisons today and just having my first cup now......

I must say this is really nice

It's only the 3rd one I've tried since taking up tea drinking so I haven't got much to compare it with but t's nicer than Yorkshire and Sainsbury Taste The Difference Breakfast Tea

I'm no Jilly Goolden but it tastes 'clean', tangy and refreshing.......
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    I also take my own teabags to work!!:D

I'm the same Kate, working on a burger van & having no teabags would be bad for my business :o:D