Options

Is David Cameron a freemason?

Comments

• Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Not really, the point about Freemasonry is that it's not intended that members should be required to keep their affiliation with the society secret - but rather that internal rules and rituals are kept secret and protected by varying ranks and degrees of membership.

That's why we are fully aware of the identities of a lot of famous Freemasons, throughout history and today - the public may not know about the private ceremonies and practices which govern the society within, but it's a misconception that membership in the guild is strictly secret.

I'll take your word for it. Women are barred aren't they? Although they get to go to the annual dinners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Well we know Ed isn't, apparently he has the weakest handshake in the World.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not absolutely correct, I only found out recently that my grandfather who died in the 1960's was a Freemason however I did know that one of his sons (my uncle) was a Freemason, although at the time I had no idea what a Freemason was, I'm still not sure but I don't think they are anything special.

They are special insofar as they can assist you professionally and further your career and help you along the way. Local groups are pretty powerful and influential.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I'll take your word for it. Women are barred aren't they? Although they get to go to the annual dinners.

There is Masonic society for women only, think it is the Ancient and Honourable Order of Masons.....

http://www.owf.org.uk/index.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are special insofar as they can assist you professionally and further your career and help you along the way. Local groups are pretty powerful and influential.

No more powerful than the local Conservative/Labour/Liberal Club, or perhaps the Rotarians....
  • Options
    alanr74alanr74 Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are non believers allowed?

If not, they'll end up with no membership in 100 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    alanr74 wrote: »

Nonsense, just like politics religion is cylical. I expect when islam becomes more dominant in the UK people will creep back to Christianity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanr74 wrote: »

Nope, none believers are not eligible for membership
  • Options
    alanr74alanr74 Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    Nope, none believers are not eligible for membership

Satanists?
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are special insofar as they can and further your career and help you along the way. Local groups are pretty powerful and influential.

But how can they assist people professionally help people to further their career or help them along the way if people don't know they are Freemasons :confused:

Or do they do it secretly :D
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    Aren't Freemasons duty bound to help each other out professionally , sounds a bit dubious and sneaky to me.
    Police officers were notorious for being masons.
    Mind you it would explain how the tory front bench got their jobs;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    Aren't Freemasons duty bound to help each other out professionally , sounds a bit dubious and sneaky to me.

Are the professional members of the Conservative/Labour/Liberal Clubs likely to help each other out, but, having said that if a Freemason was caught doing it he could well be 'expelled', not sure if it still stands but police officers were duty bound to declare their membership of organisations like the Freemasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But how can they assist people professionally help people to further their career or help them along the way if people don't know they are Freemasons :confused:

Or do they do it secretly :D

Because they meet regularly at their own Lodge and get introduced to helpful people. If one runs a transport company and the other is in charge of transport at the local council.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »

Theresa May is a Freemason?:eek:
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they meet regularly at their own Lodge and get introduced to helpful people. If one runs a transport company and the other is in charge of transport at the local council.....

Sorry I thought you meant Freemasons help people who are not Freeemasons.

As I now understand it you mean if a Freemason wants professional help to further their career they meet other influential Freemasons who are members of their Lodges and these Freemasons are able to help them.

So really it is a case of keeping it in the Freemasons 'Family' ?
  • Options
    PoliticoRNPoliticoRN Posts: 5,519
    Forum Member
    No one will ever know will they? That's the whole point of being a Freemason. Only fellow Freemasons will know and they wont tell.

Nonsense.

I am not a Freemason.

I know about a dozen through the place where I volunteer.

While it is not a significant topic of discussion no attempt is made to hide it.
  • Options
    JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoliticoRN wrote: »
    Nonsense.

I am not a Freemason.

I know about a dozen through the place where I volunteer.

While it is not a significant topic of discussion no attempt is made to hide it.

Nobody hides the fact they are a Freenason, I think its some of their rituals that are a secret.
  • Options
    Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masonic symbolism is everywhere, most of them are just the little guys but when you to the 33 degree masons its a different ball game.

If you look at the Georgia guidstones for example it has the Masonic symbol on it, and this thing calls for the world population to be cut by over 80%.

Now if this is what top Masons beleive then its no suprise that we're seeing global population at the forefront of speeches by the likes of Bill Gates and Bill Clinton.
  • Options
    PoliticoRNPoliticoRN Posts: 5,519
    Forum Member
    Now if this is what top Masons beleive then its no suprise that we're seeing global population at the forefront of speeches by the likes of Bill Gates and Bill Clinton.

I take it you are referring to Gates' infamous speech where he highlights the goal to "control population via vaccination".

To be honest its one of the more disturbing videos I have seen; right up there with anything the Nazis ever proposed or experimented with using eugenics.
  • Options
    882657882657 Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The Greater Lodge of England" runs this outfit in Wales. Many proper Welsh people will have nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    DingbatDingbat Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masonic symbolism is everywhere, most of them are just the little guys but when you to the 33 degree masons its a different ball game.

If you look at the Georgia guidstones for example it has the Masonic symbol on it, and this thing calls for the world population to be cut by over 80%.

i take it you're in the USA.

Have a look at the dollar bill in your pocket. See that pyramid with the eye on it? Guess where that symbol came form.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dingbat wrote: »
    i take it you're in the USA.

Have a look at the dollar bill in your pocket. See that pyramid with the eye on it? Guess where that symbol came form.

It came from a design by NON-Mason, Pierre Du Simitiere. The eye represents divine guidance of the U.S. ship of state, or as Secretary of the U.S. Congress Charles Thompson put it in 1782, it alludes "to the many signal interpositions of providence in favour of the American cause." It was an existing symbol long before the any Masonic overtones became attached to it.

There was ONLY one known Mason on the committee to design the seal, Benjamin Franklin. His proposed design was eyeless, and rejected. So don't believe ANYTHING you read in a Dan Brown novel ;)
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    The Mc wrote: »
    It would suggest that David Cameron is a Freemason but Conservative HQ refuse to comment.

Does anybody have any proof that he is a member of this secret society? It would be totally ironic if he was after his wrants about how honest we should all be......

Given that one does not normally admit to being a member - then why would Central Office be in a position to comment?
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that one does not normally admit to being a member - then why would Central Office be in a position to comment?

One is perfectly free to admit to being one - as many have pointed out, membership is not a secret as some would suggest.
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    Theresa May is a Freemason?:eek:

She's probably the exception to the rule, which could explain why the coppers hate her.:D