V Festival 2013, Channel 4&HD this weekend

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go at last. Wonder how much Beyonce we'll get - 3 numbers?

Edit - no Beyonce at all. Wonderful.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go at last. Wonder how much Beyonce we'll get - 3 numbers?

Edit - no Beyonce at all. Wonderful.

It's only just started. She'll probably be on last, although I'd say only 3 songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only just started. She'll probably be on last, although I'd say only 3 songs.

Edith said at the start they hadn't been able to get clearance from Beyonce.
    We'll have to make do with tihs
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a507663/beyonce-wows-crowds-with-headline-set-at-virgin-media-v-festival-2013.html
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! :eek: I have only tuned in for Beyonce!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Script were rocking it.
    Better luck next weekend with Beeb3's coverage of Reading - c. 3.5hrs each evening.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the Beeb doing the same as they did with Glasto - shoving everything up as live streams and on iPlayer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Music are showing this delayed by about 20mins, if it's of use to anyone.
    http://www.4music.com/watch-now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Are the Beeb doing the same as they did with Glasto - shoving everything up as live streams and on iPlayer?

There's other acts on the red button and RB HD; haven't seen anything about streams yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    No! :eek: I have only tuned in for Beyonce!

Same here. UGHHHH!!!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So V Festival coverage tonight on Ch4:

1 song per artist/band
    2 songs by The Script
    No footage of headliner Beyonce as she/her management refused clearance

Of the main songs featured 2 from what i can recall were old songs that had been played before last time around when they did the festivals - Katy B's Turn Lights On and The Scripts Man Who Can't Be Moved.

If you're going to show songs at LEAST show us songs that are new and which haven't already been performed 100 times already! They do have NEW material to promote so show that!

The only highlight for me was an interview with the legend that is Idris Elba, although no footage was shown of him DJ'ing.

All in all, pretty shit coverage.

Oh and Steve Jones is f*cking useless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the Paloma Faith fans are the only happy ones, because as posted above nearly her whole set was shown on C4 and 4Music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C4 obviously didn't want to cough up.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have made such a mess of the coverage. They have shown Katy B about 3 times and other acts not at all...

Why did they show pretty much the entire Paloma Faith set too with just one song from everybody else? :S
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed in the streams/highlights this year.

Firstly, no Beyoncé? That was from what I can make out why most people tuned in. Secondly, on channel 4/4music it just seemed to be filled with highlights with very few performances. I'm not understanding why Paloma Faith (As much as I love her) got pretty much her full set shown when others didn't?

Hopefully todays might be better, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully some KOL gets shown though?
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    V coverage is absolutely dire so far, but then it always is... why on earth did they show 2 songs of DJ Fresh who was pretty low down on the bill, yet just 1 of nearly everyone else? The highlights with 30 second clips was annoying as well - with better planned coverage, those acts could have been shown properly! I'd have loved to see Of Monsters & Men particularly, but it seems that C4 aren't interested in broadcasting good music by bands who haven't played the festival before. :(

Paloma was very good IMO, but her coverage was excessive. Showing most coverage before the main acts perform is just stupid!
    Forum Member
    __3kerry wrote: »
    Very disappointed in the streams/highlights this year.

Firstly, no Beyoncé? That was from what I can make out why most people tuned in. Secondly, on channel 4/4music it just seemed to be filled with highlights with very few performances. I'm not understanding why Paloma Faith (As much as I love her) got pretty much her full set shown when others didn't?

Hopefully todays might be better, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully some KOL gets shown though?

In their defence, if Beyone won't allow filming there's not much they can do about it. Just about everything else was awful on C4's part though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    In their defence, if Beyone won't allow filming there's not much they can do about it. Just about everything else was awful on C4's part though!

That is true.

but I'm still disappointed about the rest of it though and to me, the line up was quite good so wanted to see a little bit more.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can watch Beyonces full set? Has she even performed yet?

1.WHy would Beyonce let her full set be broadcast.
    2.People have paid to see her,would be an insult to them.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they would have gotten proper clearance beforehand? It all seemed so last minute...

Also what has annoyed me is when they have "Jessie J - Live" for an example, half hour show and then only show a couple of her performances sandwiched with other random artists?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    V coverage is absolutely dire so far, but then it always is... why on earth did they show 2 songs of DJ Fresh who was pretty low down on the bill, yet just 1 of nearly everyone else? The highlights with 30 second clips was annoying as well - with better planned coverage, those acts could have been shown properly!

Yes, i forgot about him last night. They also showed 2 songs by him. Why?! That was shite. He isn't even that good or even all that well known. Complete waste of 10mins when they could have shown somebody else. The 1min highlights package was the only chance you got to see who else was performing that weekend but would never get shown by Ch4.
    Forum Member
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    Surely they would have gotten proper clearance beforehand? It all seemed so last minute...

Also what has annoyed me is when they have "Jessie J - Live" for an example, half hour show and then only show a couple of her performances sandwiched with other random artists?!

Its common for artists and/or their management to be funny about coverage right up until they go on stage. That said I suspect C4 had a good idea they wouldn't be showing Beyoncé as they never mentioned her once in the afternoon highlights show.
    Forum Member
    egghead1 wrote: »
    1.WHy would Beyonce let her full set be broadcast.
    2.People have paid to see her,would be an insult to them.

I don't see why it would be insulting, the BBC often show full length sets of headline acts at festivals. I suspect this was more a case of Queen Bey not wanting us mortals to see her performance so she can release a DVD of her tour and make money out of it later on! It will almost certainly have been a commercial decision and will have little to do with the fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rudimental on the 4Music stream now

http://www.4music.com/watch-now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this afternoon's highlights on Ch4.

The Saturdays, John Newman, Tom Odell, Laura Mvula, Olly Murs.

Ok, but not my cup of tea so wasn't impressed.

If tonight we only get 2 songs from KOL then i'll be raging. I'lll be even more cross if it's the tired Sex On Fire/Use Somebody! Need more diversity tonight.