Options

NCIS Eleanor Bishop

Comments

• Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    LOL! I know what you mean. He does seem a bit like a "spare part" at times :)
  • Options
    RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you get the feeling theyre waiting for Ducky to leave or wind down on episodes with the Palmer stuff.

Im also intruiged about Abby's boyfriend, I felt for sure at first there was going to be something fishy about him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Do you get the feeling theyre waiting for Ducky to leave or wind down on episodes with the Palmer stuff.

Im also intruiged about Abby's boyfriend, I felt for sure at first there was going to be something fishy about him

Has she got one in the new series or is it the weird one she had previously. I don't want to elaborate in case of spoiling it for new viewers. If it was the one from way back. Yes he was certainly a fishy character.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherisgirl, Not wishing to spoil it for myself and others. Does her husband come in as an agent?
    I have seen on Wikipedia that NCIS is in the top four shows in the US. Initially when it started it was only about the 22nd most popular and fast moved up to the top.

I was refering to the actor who plays him, rather than his job in the programme.
  • Options
    RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she got one in the new series or is it the weird one she had previously. I don't want to elaborate in case of spoiling it for new viewers. If it was the one from way back. Yes he was certainly a fishy character.

i didnt want to spoil anything either lol and cant remember how to do the spoiler do-dah just incase
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One area that leaves me guessing is the part played by Ducky's assistant, Palmer. Nice enough lad but I always get the impression that there is a big plan for him in the series but it never materialises.

Palmer is one character, along with Bishop, that I would be happy to see replaced.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didnt want to spoil anything either lol and cant remember how to do the spoiler do-dah just incase

If you look along the line that is above the box you type in, you will see a letter S at the end. It's a bit faint, but it is there! Click on the "S" & the spoiler do-dah will appear. Just type your message between the 2 brackets words.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I took to Ziva as soon as she started; she was feisty and being from a different background, brought a new dynamic to the show.

Bishop, for me, is bland and boring, and seems more like a teenage schoolkid than an NCIS agent. I had hoped that she would have been replaced in this latest series because, for me, she adds nothing to the programme at all.

You asked for views on the other characters & stories : I think Tony is getting too old to act so silly at times (though I do like him); Abbey is superb & along with Gibbs, she holds the series together. Tim is just Tim - the sensible one, nothing to dislike! Love Ducky, but can't stand his side-kick (sorry, can't remember his name!).

The stories? Well, apart from some original exceptions, they tend to run along the lines of Gibbs announcing: "Get your things, we've got a body....." Usually the suspect is the wife, but turns out to be another navy guy. Repetitive, yes, but still very watchable.

BTW: Don't hesitate about starting a thread about something you want to highlight. That's what the forums are for.

I am enjoying this series better than the last. More LOL moments. Tony never changes and I just adore Gibbs character. Loved Bishop saying to her husband when she introduced him to Gibbs he will probably give you the stare which he did. Couldn't stand Abi at the start but she has grown on me.
    Love Ducky and his stories. Palmer is a bit annoying at times same as McGee
  • Options
    colfair123colfair123 Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I feel that the casting department have slipped up badly with the inclusion of the character 'Bishop', her character is way too stereotyped, the off the wall 'wacky' wayward genius character, sitting on the floor or pixie-like, cross legged on the desk is too artificial and the character appears very one dimensional. As we are to find out, she is married, which brings in a further disruption of the continuity of the team, they all lead relatively individual lives outside of work, now we hear that Bishop and her husband are to invite the whole team for dinner, not realistic or in keeping with the ethos of the show. Plus, why are the scriptwriters allowing this one dimensional attention seeking character to assume leadership so quickly?
    A far better and, ultimately, far more complex character to join the team would have been the female coast guard investigator, Abigail Borin, who was set to become a foil for the Gibbs character, she made an impression straight away in the few episodes that i saw her in, feisty, able to give the boys as good as she got, and hard enough not to come over all weak at the sight of blood , unlike Bishop. Dump Bishop and bring in Borin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    colfair123 wrote: »
    ...now we hear that Bishop and her husband are to invite the whole team for dinner, not realistic or in keeping with the ethos of the show.
    Given the outcome it was probably just a plot device to get Gibbs and the husband in the same room.
    Plus, why are the scriptwriters allowing this one dimensional attention seeking character to assume leadership so quickly?
    Your opinion, but I disagree. She hasn't lead an investigation yet anyway :confused: Plus, maybe Gibbs thinks she's up to it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I feel that the casting department have slipped up badly with the inclusion of the character 'Bishop', her character is way too stereotyped, the off the wall 'wacky' wayward genius character, sitting on the floor or pixie-like, cross legged on the desk is too artificial and the character appears very one dimensional. As we are to find out, she is married, which brings in a further disruption of the continuity of the team, they all lead relatively individual lives outside of work, now we hear that Bishop and her husband are to invite the whole team for dinner, not realistic or in keeping with the ethos of the show. Plus, why are the scriptwriters allowing this one dimensional attention seeking character to assume leadership so quickly?
    A far better and, ultimately, far more complex character to join the team would have been the female coast guard investigator, Abigail Borin, who was set to become a foil for the Gibbs character, she made an impression straight away in the few episodes that i saw her in, feisty, able to give the boys as good as she got, and hard enough not to come over all weak at the sight of blood , unlike Bishop. Dump Bishop and bring in Borin

I have to say that I agree, Borin, would have been ideal. Having watched the second show with Bishop in, I got the feeling that it reminded me of the Mentalist akin to Patrick Jane. It may just be me. Fair enough she is a very pretty lady and I would buy her fish and chips but it all so seems out of character with the NCIS I have known. The latest episode was more like a comedy and it did have me laughing. The opening scene where Bishop was being saturated with forms from an admin lady and then Tony and Tim saying that she had put her in place was over the top. As for Agent Fornell's ex wife, well she certainly has been playing the field. I will let you ladies on here discuss that one. Bishop seems to be the one that in a short while be wearing the pants and bossing Gibbs about. Still holding reservations.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As we are to find out, she is married, which brings in a further disruption of the continuity of the team, they all lead relatively individual lives outside of work, now we hear that Bishop and her husband are to invite the whole team for dinner, not realistic or in keeping with the ethos of the show.
    I don't see a problem with her being married, or why being married is against the ethos of the show. Gibbs himself has been married multiple times. They all have to balance work with relationships. Bishop being married lets them explore that in a new way, and helps to differentiate her from Kate.
    Plus, why are the scriptwriters allowing this one dimensional attention seeking character to assume leadership so quickly?
    She's not assumed leadership. She's the most junior member of the team, and Tony won't let her forget it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I am remembering correctly, it was only a couple of weeks before shooting began that Cote quit? So they had to re-write at least the first two episodes and then create this new character rather quicker than I assume they would normally do. So I think we can forgive them if she's not quite as "rounded" from week one :) (Not that I think she isn't, of of course.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Yes, only from reading the US gossipy things it seems Cote sent a text saying she wouldn't be turning up on Monday! Or words to that effect.
    I'm beginning to warm to Bishop - watched 3 recorded episodes back to back though her entrance has made her less 'interesting' - if that makes sense?

So enjoying this discussion :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Sorry - sure this is frowned upon to reply twice - but Brangdon brought back to me when ER went wrong - for me only of course - they had too much of the character's personal life.
    For me that show was based on seeing them at work with only snippets of their life outside of it?

Gibbs being the exception in NCIS?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carl/Jayne, did Cote leave over pennies or other reasons? It is also strange that Leon Vance has hardly made any appearances since his screen wife was killed. It was sad to learn of the death of Ralph Waite, who played Gibbs father Jackson Gibbs. Many will remember him from The Waltons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Not really on the theme , I am just a dropper in of NCIS, I don't know all the background of the characters etc , but something on another thread prompts me to ask about Gibbs and his boatbuilding . Has he ever completed a boat , and if so , how does he get the boat from his cellar to launch it into the river or sea .

That new girl looks disturbingly thin, hopefully Ducky and DiNozzo can persuade her to eat a few burgers
  • Options
    telecattelecat Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Just to answer a few questions. Ellie does "round out" a lot more in Season 12. Ralph Waite's death is commemorated in the last episode of this season. And If I remember One of Gibb's boats turned up shot up in an Episode where Mike Franks Granddaughter is in danger. It was a gift to Franks so had been completed. The joke being how had it left Gibbs basement?
  • Options
    kriZbiikriZbii Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they handled Bishop's introduction quite well, she wasn't brought in right away after Ziva left and they used a few other people in the Ziva role early in the season, so the team and viewers had a chance to miss her.

When Bishop finally was introduced it was in a different role that showed how she could be useful to NCIS, and when she did join the team, she was something a bit different by being married, sitting on the floor, being blonde. All minor things, but all things that worked better than just dumping in an immediate Kate/Ziva clone at that desk, which would have been the easiest option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carl/Jayne, did Cote leave over pennies or other reasons?
    I have no idea. Haven't really read much about it. However, I also think there's an element of "he said, she said" to it and I don't think anyone knows the full, proper story.
    kriZbii wrote: »
    I thought they handled Bishop's introduction quite well, she wasn't brought in right away after Ziva left and they used a few other people in the Ziva role early in the season, so the team and viewers had a chance to miss her.
    Although that was by necessity rather than design. Read my earlier post; #39 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the sticking point with Cote was that She wished to do something else as well as NCIS. The Time scale for doing that became rather tight so She left NCIS to pursue other opportunities. The way She has been written out for the moment leaves a lot of possibilities. If she does wish to return She could fit in or cause havoc in any of the current NCIS programs. NCIS:LA would probably be the best fit and having DiNozzo jr chasing her around the three variants of NCIS would be a good plot device.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Ziva going over to the dark side and killing them all wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Last weeks ep with the Serbs using old under-cover ID's was probably the dullest, most thrown together episode I've ever seen.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like Ellie has some domestic strife coming
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    So you missed the early episode when Kate was the female agent before both Ziva and Eleanor, when Ducky appeared to be having a romantic relationship, said to Gibbs she wondered what Ducky looked like when he was younger, and Gibbs replied "Illya Kuryakin".
    That was simply LOL funny. It took me a moment to process what I'd heard - so simple and so clever.
    I feel that the casting department have slipped up badly with the inclusion of the character 'Bishop', her character is way too stereotyped, the off the wall 'wacky' wayward genius character, sitting on the floor or pixie-like, cross legged on the desk is too artificial and the character appears very one dimensional.
    I think they are just looking for a way to differentiate her from Ziva - which they need to do as in some moments, she looks exactly like a blonde Ziva. Her features are similarly sharp. I'm sure her contrived idiosyncracies will be toned down over time.
    A far better and, ultimately, far more complex character to join the team would have been the female coast guard investigator, Abigail Borin, who was set to become a foil for the Gibbs character, she made an impression straight away in the few episodes that i saw her in, feisty, able to give the boys as good as she got...
    But is that sort of character too predictable as a fit for the team? And haven't we been there and done that with a number of strong female characters who've had some direct (Jenny) or indirect control over Gibbs? I do see what you mean but there's little new in giving Gibbs a female coast guard investigator as a team member whereas someone like that can easily make a repeat appearance.
    kriZbii wrote: »

When Bishop finally was introduced it was in a different role that showed how she could be useful to NCIS, and when she did join the team, she was something a bit different by being married, sitting on the floor, being blonde. All minor things, but all things that worked better than just dumping in an immediate Kate/Ziva clone at that desk, which would have been the easiest option.
    Yes, that's pretty much what I think too. I see no reason why a team member can't be married - and NCIS New Orleans (I've never warmed to the LA show) has the team sitting round the communal table to be fed by Pride.

I loved Ziva but I don't want a Ziva clone as a replacement... though as I say, intermittently I distinctly saw Ziva in Bishop's facial features. Bishop may shake up Abbie and Tim too because her skills with a keyboard and databases are likely to be very similar.

Thus far, for me (at UK pace) she's got potential and is a good addition to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CGIS Special Agent Borin seems to have her sights set on a move to
    New Orleans. GAt least in her two appearences In NCIS:NOLA that was the impression I got.