Alexandra Burke - New Renegade EP

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Alexandra Burke released her new EP Renegade as a free download today, along with the video for Renegade. Links Below.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEX9qLGctKA
EP - https://soundcloud.com/alexandraburkemusic/sets/renegade-ep

Such a step in the right direction, much better then the music she has released since HoH.

Comments

• JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well worth a listen for fans of Alexandra, but I hope it gets a little more attention than that.
    "Hall of Fame" reminds me of Dawn Richard, well, in fact, the whole EP was very akin to that style.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Downloaded it earlier but haven\t yet listened to it.
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i normally like her stuff but this is not the sort of stuff she should be recording, it's not gonna give her no success. Such a huge disappointment to say the least.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a lot better than her last EP New Rules in both production and vocals. But I find the swearing on Renegade and Can We Go Down, and the "raunchy" lyrics on Don't Make It Easy unnecessary. It's trying too hard to be edgy. Ain't That Right could be a hit though with better production.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the outfits in the video, this is the kind of look she should have been going for from the start.
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much talent and this... this is her output. Shame really.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admire her for not giving up, and for giving her fans a free EP. She genuinely just loves music and it's sad to see her career in this state, she had such a promising start. Why won't any labels pick her up? She had a great debut so she's proven with the right material she can be successful yet no label seems to want to go near her.

I'm not a fan of the new music but I admire her for not giving up.