channel 5 suffering after bb's final show

SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Viewing figures are well down in the post bb/cbb slot.

Comments

• RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Always is. That was the thing Channel 4 were weighing up even though the ratings had gone way down they were still good numbers for the channel, it was the headaches especially throuh complaints to OFCOM that was making them consider the future of the show.

I think Channel 5 only has CSI that gets better ratings
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of actually posting the figures?
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emmetmcl wrote: »

Well for example, I don't think any show since Friday has posted any over 1m figures, when BB was getting average of 1.3m overnights and CBB an average of 1.8m a night with the final getting 2.2m.

From last night as an example:

Channel 5's Ultimate Police Interceptors brought in 831k (3.8%). Age Gap Love fascinated 750k (3.3%) at 9pm, while Under the Dome continued with 598k (3.8%) at 10pm.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's good for us bb fans.

I'm guessing Dallas and wentworth are their biggest shows at the minute, they would hope to get a million for those
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always is. That was the thing Channel 4 were weighing up even though the ratings had gone way down they were still good numbers for the channel, it was the headaches especially throuh complaints to OFCOM that was making them consider the future of the show.

I think Channel 5 only has CSI that gets better ratings

It was cancelled on Channel 4 because their shiny new chief exec didn't like the program and thought it pointless. At the time he put out a press release stating that the air time would be filled with exciting new programs. Firstly most of their exciting new programs were utter drivel, secondly he underestimated how the program attracted viewers to other offerings by the channel. Just by way of reinforcing the effect, I rarely even bother looking at Channel 4 now. I used to watch 8 out of 10 cats between the eviction program. Not watched it since.

Frankly the bloke was a pompous idiot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

I'm guessing Dallas and wentworth are their biggest shows at the minute, they would hope to get a million for those

Dallas has been at around the 700k figure so it's not doing amazingly, Wentworth is at like 900k-1m.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all go off to catch up on our recorded programs until the next stint of IACGMOOH
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    It was cancelled on Channel 4 because their shiny new chief exec didn't like the program and thought it pointless. At the time he put out a press release stating that the air time would be filled with exciting new programs. Firstly most of their exciting new programs were utter drivel, secondly he underestimated how the program attracted viewers to other offerings by the channel. Just by way of reinforcing the effect, I rarely even bother looking at Channel 4 now. I used to watch 8 out of 10 cats between the eviction program. Not watched it since.

They actually do just as many 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown episodes as actual regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats...the ratings seem to be quite good when they do Countdown and it gives more prime time work to Rachel Riley and Susie Dent...I find them quite funny :D

Sean Lock has mentioned before hes glad he doesn't have to "Pander to egos of talentless *****" anymore...which im guessing is him referring to when they had to discuss BB or do the end of BB Series episode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They actually do just as many 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown episodes as actual regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats...the ratings seem to be quite good when they do Countdown and it gives more prime time work to Rachel Riley and Susie Dent...I find them quite funny :D

Sean Lock has mentioned before hes glad he doesn't have to "Pander to egos of talentless *****" anymore...which im guessing is him referring to when they had to discuss BB or do the end of BB Series episode

I'm glad Rachel finally has prime time work with the show, watching her on the regular Countdown she looks like a fun girl, but didn't know how great she is until 8 out of 10 cats does countdown which gets over triple the ratings if the regular one usually. I like Susie too on there too having fun.
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I'm glad Rachel finally has prime time work with the show, watching her on the regular Countdown she looks like a fun girl, but didn't know how great she is until 8 out of 10 cats does countdown which gets over triple the ratings if the regular one usually. I like Susie too on there too having fun.

Ditto, they both look really happy to be able to relax and have fun when Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock, Jon Richardson and Joe Wilkinson show up. They get involved in banter and make their own jokes...it was a great idea to do this in the Channel 4 Mash up and im glad people took to it and they stuck with it. :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Yes, I was going to say those but they aren't included in the figures since Friday so they wouldn't show. Also The Dome must be fairly popular, although I gave up 2/3rds of the way through.

ETA: Unlike C4, who struck gold with Sex in the City and Friends (and, to a lesser degree, Frasier), C5 haven't yet found that show that has hit the big-time for them viewer-wise. Viacom need to try and turn the Channel into a decent competitor for the other main channels, at the moment it's the Daily Star of the main 5 channels :D
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Yes, I was going to say those but they aren't included in the figures since Friday so they wouldn't show. Also The Dome must be fairly popular, although I gave up 2/3rds of the way through.

ETA: Unlike C4, who struck gold with Sex in the City and Friends (and, to a lesser degree, Frasier), C5 haven't yet found that show that has hit the big-time for them viewer-wise. Viacom need to try and turn the Channel into a decent competitor for the other main channels, at the moment it's the Daily Star of the main 5 channels :D

Channel 5 actually excel in treating great shows that excel in the US like garbage by putting them on incredibly late and then cancelling them (Like Justified and most importantly Breaking Bad)

Why any channel in their right would not put Breaking Bad prime time (Never mind cancel it is beyond me) :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show's why C5 won't get rid of ANY of the BB's. Not only do the ratings drops but it leaves a huge hole in their schedule. So some might say CSI may have beaten BB on one particular night but then remember how many nights of TV BB/CBB provides! Approximately 120 days/hours plus what, 90 hours of spin-off shows! It was the biggest own goal C4 ever made getting rid, C5 won't be making the same mistake.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 actually excel in treating great shows that excel in the US like garbage by putting them on incredibly late and then cancelling them (Like Justified and most importantly Breaking Bad)

Why any channel in their right would not put Breaking Bad prime time (Never mind cancel it is beyond me) :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Once upon a time >:(
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just shows how valuable BB is to C5... it puts them on the map.

and if the viewing figures were down because they didnt appeal to lower value to advertisers itv2 types but a better share of the more valued viewers (which the simple "numbers" dont give the data for) then BB was a success even if the total viewers were down
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »

Same here, I used to watch C4 a fair bit, now I tend to flip past it and all C4's other channels because it seems to be wall to wall repeats, or trite Us comedy shows.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmetmcl wrote: »

Of course not, this guy has been caught lying numerous times, posting made up 'facts' from made up 'sources' and a general anti-BB agenda

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1952855
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1968930
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1969949
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1994214
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006802
  • SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »

Eh?

Go look up the figures, the facts are out their.

The only show that has had a solid showing is CSI.

Channel 5 is greatly suffering without bb.

Anti-bb agenda, lmao. I've been on the front row of bbots, hardly someone who hates the show.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Love/Hate
  • ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSL2010 wrote: »
    Eh?

Go look up the figures, the facts are out their.

The only show that has had a solid showing is CSI.

Channel 5 is greatly suffering without bb.

Anti-bb agenda, lmao. I've been on the front row of bbots, hardly someone who hates the show.

So what are the viewing figures? You made a claim, now lets see you substantiate it.

I doubt the viewing figures are down a huge amount.
  • Dr.FeverDr.Fever Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    5 should have shown a few late night special episodes of Neighbours, the 'tornado' week this week would have been a good fill in before Wentworth and whatever other 10pm programmes they are showing.

BB it gives them around 2hours of tv everyday which brings in good ratings for 18 week in the year. They would be crazy to get rid of it ...especially as they try and squeeze out as much cash as they can from voting.
    Forum Member
    Dr.Fever wrote: »
    5 should have shown a few late night special episodes of Neighbours, the 'tornado' week this week would have been a good fill in before Wentworth and whatever other 10pm programmes they are showing.

BB it gives them around 2hours of tv everyday which brings in good ratings for 18 week in the year. They would be crazy to get rid of it ...especially as they try and squeeze out as much cash as they can from voting.

That would actually depend really. Viacom is the fifth largest broadcasting company on the planet (Behind Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, Time Warner, and 21st Century Fox). They have global brands in the likes of MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Spike TV & VH1, all of which have created their own shows rather than relying on ready made ones.

I don't think they will look on BB as make or break...more like if its more hassle than its worth then they will see it as a challenge to create other shows to live off.

I wouldn't be suprised if they rebranded the entire channel completely :)