Options

Chryed Wedding in 2012? will Zainab and Masood attend?

13»

Comments

• Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zainab does go on about their community but we only really saw them during the Syed/Christian reveal.

True, and at Tam's mendhi as well. Maybe they'll have a mendhi to have all the community there, and then the wedding itself can be a small affair. :)
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I thought so. Interesting, I never thought there were imams who would marry them. I suppose its like that with every religion.

I guess that there are some open-minded Imam's out there :)

I've always thought that Syed would wear traditional dress for his wedding to Christian though so at least that's one way of integrating his religion and culture within their ceremony :)
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Which is why I added "his life". By adopting, he would be bringing a child into his life. But seeing as you're a Muslim, could you answer a question? Would Zainab and Masood, if they accept the relationship, make a point about Chryed being married before adopting? Even if they couldn't have a religious ceremony?

A Muslim they wouldn't accept the relationship or child either way. Having a gay Muslim character is just an opportunity for EE to have an endless cycle of misery.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    A Muslim they wouldn't accept the relationship or child either way. Having a gay Muslim character is just an opportunity for EE to have an endless cycle of misery.

Yeah, but they're not real Muslims, they're EE Muslims, and they'll do what the script tells them to do. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsmeow wrote: »
    Sorry, but physically they cannot bring children into the world, they can adopt.

sure not between them but they could have children using a surrogate mother. so physically they could do it
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Zainab and Masood have accepted their relationship (and I see nothing forced about Zainab asking them for lunch), then one would imagine that, as good Muslims, they would want their son married before he starts bringing children into the world/his life, with his partner.

and go the whole "double-wedding" route, then it should be funny, not dramatic. No someone-just-died!-exploded!-their-arse-fell-off! story-lines, but a couple of funny mix-ups to alleviate the usual depression that accompanies wedding eps.

No no no no no no....Tacky tacky tacky tacky...

Anyway, as a gay couple, Christian and Syed couldn't have the religious ceremony that Masood and Zainab could have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but they're not real Muslims, they're EE Muslims, and they'll do what the script tells them to do. :rolleyes:

Well having them accept the child would be a delusion too far for me to buy.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sure not between them but they could have children using a surrogate mother. so physically they could do it

Syed is already a father, so I'd like the writers to get the Yasmin situation sorted out first, before the subject of Surrogacy or adoption comes up again.

Anyway, with Syed already being a father, at least it makes the decision as to who fathers a surrogate child that much easier.
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well having them accept the child would be a delusion too far for me to buy.

Really? The Masoods may be Muslims, but they're also human. If they fall for the child when they see it, they're not going to be able to help their feelings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    Which is why I added "his life". By adopting, he would be bringing a child into his life. But seeing as you're a Muslim, could you answer a question? Would Zainab and Masood, if they accept the relationship, make a point about Chryed being married before adopting? Even if they couldn't have a religious ceremony?

I am sorry, but this is territory outside of my knowledge so I cannot give an exact answer. But my opinionated answer would be that if they get to the stage where they accept the relationship then I personally don't see what would be the point to argue the rest. But if Syed's faith means so much to him I wonder has he prayed Istikhara for a sign he is making the right decision for himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    No no no no no no....Tacky tacky tacky tacky...

Anyway, as a gay couple, Christian and Syed couldn't have the religious ceremony that Masood and Zainab could have.

Sorry, that should say "IF they go the double-wedding route". I'm totally opposed to it too! They each deserve their own day, especially Zainab and Masood. Her scenes preparing for Syed's wedding were great (before she found out about Christian). I'd love to see her plan her own wedding!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am sorry, but this is territory outside of my knowledge so I cannot give an exact answer. But my opinionated answer would be that if they get to the stage where they accept the relationship then I personally don't see what would be the point to argue the rest. But if Syed's faith means so much to him I wonder has he prayed Istikhara for a sign he is making the right decision for himself.

I'd say your opinion would count, and to me it makes a lot of sense what you say.

As for Isitikhara, I had to Google it to find out exactly what it means, but we've seen Syed pray fervently before for help/answers/guidance. I would say that he would have prayed Isitkhara beforehand. It would make no sense for him to pray for guidance in lesser things than a divorce/civil partnership. But as with a lot of things in EE, I guess we'll never know the answer to it. :sleep:
  • Options
    Hungry Hippo!Hungry Hippo! Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should all launch a campaign to get Lynda Baron back on EastEnders. Do you think they would listen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Really? The Masoods may be Muslims, but they're also human. If they fall for the child when they see it, they're not going to be able to help their feelings.

They won't want to see it anyway. People like the Masoods don't think in the same way as you or I. They are very different.
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but physically they cannot bring children into the world, they can adopt.

Yes they can. They can easily bring children into the world. Just not with each other...