Options

BGT Live Semi Finals - Audience tickets

robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondered whether anyone could advise on roughly how long to arrive before doors open to get in?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before 12pm. Most people arrive between 12pm and 1pm
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I applied but did not get any tickets
    Looking at advise no way could I arrive at noon-1pm so it just as well I never got
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lawsj123 wrote: »
    Before 12pm. Most people arrive between 12pm and 1pm

Are you being serious?

Doors open at 6.30pm
  • Options
    alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    robot1000 wrote: »
    Are you being serious?

Doors open at 6.30pm

If you don't have priority tickets I would say 12 - 1 is a good time if you want to be sure of getting in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alij wrote: »
    If you don't have priority tickets I would say 12 - 1 is a good time if you want to be sure of getting in

I'm pleased I asked....I was planning on getting there at 5
  • Options
    uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even earlier I'd say. It depends on how many production guests and priority tickets they give out. We got there at 10am and only just got in at 1 minute before the show started and only 5 people after us got in, but that was the show that had Only Boys Allowed so their families must have taken up a lot of the tickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uzzybuzzy wrote: »
    Even earlier I'd say. It depends on how many production guests and priority tickets they give out. We got there at 10am and only just got in at 1 minute before the show started and only 5 people after us got in, but that was the show that had Only Boys Allowed so their families must have taken up a lot of the tickets.

How long before doors opened where you informed you were getting in?

I don't want to be queuing for the whole day, only to be turned away at 6.30pm.
  • Options
    alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member

I am sorry to say that is what might happen, you often don't know right up until the last minute, they will sometimes close the queue but just because you are in it when it closes doesn't mean you will get in. BGT auditions are actually better as you get a numbered ticket and can go away and come back later but live shows are very unpredictable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just reread my blog and it turns out we left home at 10am therefore got there for 1pm so had to queue for 7 hours. But we were only told literally 1 minute before the show started that we were going in! They kept saying you might get in, you might not. We were roughly 30th in the queue and only about 20 people from the general queue got in. We only got in cos this big group in front of us decided after going in that they weren't gonna stay because they couldn't all sit together. They turned away hundreds of people behind us.

You have to be prepared to queue. Its so worth it if you get in and if you don't they may give you priority tickets to another show, if you get in contact with them. Good luck if you go! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uzzybuzzy wrote: »
    Just reread my blog and it turns out we left home at 10am therefore got there for 1pm so had to queue for 7 hours. But we were only told literally 1 minute before the show started that we were going in! They kept saying you might get in, you might not. We were roughly 30th in the queue and only about 20 people from the general queue got in. We only got in cos this big group in front of us decided after going in that they weren't gonna stay because they couldn't all sit together. They turned away hundreds of people behind us.

You have to be prepared to queue. Its so worth it if you get in and if you don't they may give you priority tickets to another show, if you get in contact with them. Good luck if you go! :)

Thanks

It's quite frustrating that there is no indication on the e-ticket whatsoever, as to what time to arrive.

Hopefully someone who goes for the show tomorrow can provide their experience. I guess it also depends if there are any dance troupes, as there obviously be less seats available for the standby queue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone here is in the audience at this evening's show, would you mind providing the time you started queueing?

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    It's quite frustrating that there is no indication on the e-ticket whatsoever, as to what time to arrive.

They tell everyone to arrive at around 6pm, yet people queue at 12-1pm.

So, if they told people that they should arrive at 12-1pm then people would probably start queuing at 9am. Therefore there's no way they can tell you when to queue on the tickets.

However, when we went to X Factor we rung up the day before to ask when to arrive and they told us noon - so we always find it best to ring up and ask to avoid disappointment as they are always very open about stuff.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,224
    Forum Member
    I'm not going, but whoever is, are camera's allowed in the studio, and/or used at any time? I've seen images that have been taken in a break or whatever. I'd like to see a clear picture of the stage so I could use it on a green screen. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not allowed to take pics inside the studio, but people do sneak a pic when no one is looking.