Kate Bush to do live shows in London later this year!!!!

Comments

• PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    She isn't touring.
    15 dates in the same place does not make a tour.
    Another example of London-centric Britain.
    Smacks of laziness and money grabbing.

Money grabbing? That must go down as the stupidest thing written on DS.
  • shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - that came out of nowhere. I don't suppose I'll be able to make it to London, but hopefully some of the shows will surface on Dimeadozen or similar. I was lucky enough to see the opening night of the 1979 tour at Liverpool Empire.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Reselling won't be possible, apparently only four are allowed per person and they are allocated to the buyer only!

So touts can't sell them on - HA!

Yes they can. Only the lead ticket buyer needs to attend. Nothing to stop someone buying 4 tickets and selling 3, they just need to meet the ticket buyer and enter with them.
    Forum Member
    How much are tickets?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet we will hear ' Running Up the hill' non stop now.

Is she skint?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much are tickets?

I would expect from 50 quid

She was honoured with a CBE to music back in 2013. So guess after that you got to do something too appreciate an achievement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they can. Only the lead ticket buyer needs to attend. Nothing to stop someone buying 4 tickets and selling 3, they just need to meet the ticket buyer and enter with them.

It will mean though that touts can't buy hundreds of tickets and sell them on to random people as the lead ticket holder's ID has to be shown before entry is allowed.
    Forum Member
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    It will mean though that touts can't buy hundreds of tickets and sell them on to random people as the lead ticket holder's ID has to be shown before entry is allowed.

Yes but it won't reduce touting enough. There will still be thousands of tickets resold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really have no idea how touting can ever be stamped out, maybe it just wont ever be.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Names and photos on tickets would sort 'em out. Hopefully she'll enjoy the shows and come up north at some point.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope in celebration of this, her last tour may make it to DVD, instead of the bootleg copies going around being sold and the quality is crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I have just seen his. The most excited I've been in 30 years! Saw her sing a duet with Peter Gabriel at Earl's Court a lifetime ago. Nearly wet myself with excitement then so God knows how I would cope if I saw her now.
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will.

Nothing to stop someone buying four, using one themselves and then selling the other three. That's what people did when Iron Maiden played the O2 last August.

If I can get a ticket legitimately I'll be there, if not I'm not lining the touts pocket, and I include "re-sale" sites in the word tout.

i agree, il try my best for tickets but i wont buy from a tout. fingers crossed:)
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    I really have no idea how touting can ever be stamped out, maybe it just wont ever be.

if people didnt buy from touts?
    i know that will never happen, but i have never bought from a tout and never will.
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind blowing news.
    100% excitement, 0% chance of getting a ticket.
  • kevraffkevraff Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caused incredulity at work by booking a day off next Friday at short notice "to try to get Kate Bush tickets".

fingers crossed ....
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care if I get a crap seat at the back, I need to witness Kate Bush. My all-time favourite musician/artist.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    axlgod wrote: »
    Without a shadow of a doubt.
    The hottest ticket in town.

For sure!:D
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    She isn't touring.
    15 dates in the same place does not make a tour.
    Another example of London-centric Britain.
    Smacks of laziness and money grabbing.
    You clearly know nothing about Kate Bush.

What a silly post.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will.

Nothing to stop someone buying four, using one themselves and then selling the other three. That's what people did when Iron Maiden played the O2 last August.

If I can get a ticket legitimately I'll be there, if not I'm not lining the touts pocket, and I include "re-sale" sites in the word tout.

I'll be buying four tickets (hooray for pre-sales) and selling on any that aren't claimed by family or friends.

The price I will charge will be the price printed on the front of the ticket plus 1/4 of the booking fee and 1/4 of the shipping fee, not a penny more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevraff wrote: »
    Just caused incredulity at work by booking a day off next Friday at short notice "to try to get Kate Bush tickets".

fingers crossed ....

I'll be rushing back from school run, practically throwing my kids into the school grounds:D
  • MarshallFishMarshallFish Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Incredible news! Looking at the ad promoting the shows, it looks like part of the show will probably be based on The Ninth Wave part of the Hounds of Love album.

Marshall

My older article on my favorite Now Music! releases:
    http://marshfish.hubpages.com/hub/A-look-at-some-Now-Thats-What-I-Call-Music-releases
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be buying four tickets (hooray for pre-sales) and selling on any that aren't claimed by family or friends.

The price I will charge will be the price printed on the front of the ticket plus 1/4 of the booking fee and 1/4 of the shipping fee, not a penny more.

The people you sell them too will have to meet up with you at the venue then, seeing as you 'the Booker' will be needed to show ID etc?...

;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never been so excited and happy in my entire life. I've been a fan for years but hadn't been born when she did her one and only tour, and then she never toured again and then stopped performing entirely. I never dreamed I would get this once in a life time chance to see an artist who has influenced me more than any other, and I feel very lucky that I have two chances at getting tickets as I'm able to join the pre-sale as well as the general sale.

I love the strict rules about bringing ID with you to the show and that no latecomers will be admitted, and how Kate is doing everything she can to stop touts from getting in on the act with the tickets. It shows how much more she cares for her fans than the average popstar and their management does these days.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people you sell them too will have to meet up with you at the venue then, seeing as you 'the Booker' will be needed to show ID etc?...

;-)

That's the plan. My "fee" will be a pint of beer before the show.

I know a tout's mind works differently to mine but I wouldn't be able to charge someone hundreds of pounds over face value and then sit next to them throughout the entire show.