Israelis pictured eating POPCORN / CLAPPING as they watch deadly bombs of Gaza

Comments

• getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timperry26 wrote: »
    The Israelis have broken so many UN Laws, yet apparently , Iraq still has weapons of mass destruction. :confused:

They are monsters - Living off U.S EGO Boost

A day will come when the U.S relinquishes ties with Israel.
    Only then, will Israeli feel as vulnerable as the palistinians.

Every bomb they drop on a house, killing a child's mother/father makes another child seeking revenge for their killing

Would not matter if Israel stopped they would still be attacked.
    For ever and until every Israeli is dead.

The Arabs get their justification from the Koran.
    Israel is surrounded by States that want to destroy them.
    And still do.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The picture was posted by a Danish journalist on Wednesday as the bombing campaign began and has sparked a fierce backlash online

This is the incendiary picture of Israelis eating popcorn and cheering as they watch the bombardment of Gaza which has sparked outrage on Twitter.
    Source
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/israelis-pictured-eating-popcorn-clapping-3846801

If it's caused outrage on twitter, I'm sure they'll be trembling in their boots now. Never mind terrorists firing missiles at them, the twitter warriors are on the rampage.

I suppose people want Israel to do what we do when we get bombed, and make noises about how we'll stick together, and not be beaten.

It is a different world for them, with so many intent on destroying them, and they do what they do to react in a strong way. It's always happened, and always will, despite the outrage on twitter.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty unpleasant, but I doubt it's unique to Israel. Didn't people used to cheer newsreels where we were winning the war back in the day?
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    It's pretty unpleasant, but I doubt it's unique to Israel. Didn't people used to cheer newsreels where we were winning the war back in the day?

You're quite right, and don't forget the images of muslims cheering the 7/7 and 9/11 attacks.
  • robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're quite right, and don't forget the images of muslims cheering the 7/7 and 9/11 attacks.

Reported today:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182850#.U8Kg3_ldU0-
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfft
    it's like watching a big fire or something ..... sit back and enjoy the light show, since you AIN'T gonna be stopping it now are you!
  • Mc256Mc256 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Flibustier wrote: »
    Israel could nuke gaza and no one within the Tory/Lib Government would act. Some would condemn the action however... lol

William Haig wheeled out again!
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    The Guerrilla warfare of 1919.

And yes it is exactly like Israeli/ Palestinian situation.

Rolleyes.

Or is England invading Ireland totally different from Israeli invading Palestine?

While I do not support the invasion of a country by another country, historically once it has happened then there should either be a proper war, not terrorism, or Political action.

Totally unrealistic. How can a badly armed group defeat a heavily armed occupier? De Valera tried it in 1920 and suffered enormous losses. So much so, that the fledging Republic nearly died at birth. It's the same in the Israel Palestinian conflict. How many Israelis have been killed in the latest round of fighting and how many Palestinians? When you have few weapons and are taking on a nation state, you use any means possible to further your aims. Fighting face to face will just result in overwhelming defeat.
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People seem to forget that Al Qaeda's main motive has been US/UK foreign policy. Only when Israel gives back land to the Palistinian people will we see peace.

Major injustices are going on in the world and no one is doing anything about it. The Israelis are just living off US EGO BOOST.

They feel invincible. The US should boldly drop Israel as an Ally, only then will they feel as vulnerable as the Palistinians
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every child's parent they murder, they create another enemy seeking to avenge their deaths
  • RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mc256 wrote: »
    William Haig wheeled out again!

Errr...He is the Foreign Secretary. And it's spelt Hague.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    People seem to forget that Al Qaeda's main motive has been US/UK foreign policy. Only when Israel gives back land to the Palistinian people will we see peace.

Major injustices are going on in the world and no one is doing anything about it. The Israelis are just living off US EGO BOOST.

They feel invincible. The US should boldly drop Israel as an Ally, only then will they feel as vulnerable as the Palistinians

i dont forget. i dont do what terrorists tell me to do and neither should you or the rest of the western world
  • FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There will not be peace there.. Israel will not be able to ever force out enough palestinians from the territory. 4 million refugees is music to their ears, but to remove the next 4 million will be very complicated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    i dont forget. i dont do what terrorists tell me to do and neither should you or the rest of the western world

Maybe we should listen to them, after all, when they detonate themselves killing brits, it doesn't seem much compensation you saying you don't do what terrorists want..;-)

Best just to stay out the middle east and let the US and Israel get all the dirt on their hands.

We will be ready with open arms for all the asylum seekers as usual..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will not be peace there.. Israel will not be able to ever force out enough palestinians from the territory. 4 million refugees is music to their ears, but to remove the next 4 million will be very complicated.

Terrorism only really escalated after 1948 and after Israels
    illegal occupation of the West Bank.
    FACT!!!

Every Muslim terrorist organization in the world blames US/UK foreign policy as their main motive.

It's a shame that the Muslim people protected the Jewish people throughout history from persecution and extinction.

This is what they got in return
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jews they protected were not turko-slavic converts from the middle ages like many modern israelis and patriotic zionists...

The jews the muslims shielded were actual jews from the middle east.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should listen to them, after all, when they detonate themselves killing brits, it doesn't seem much compensation you saying you don't do what terrorists want..;-)

Best just to stay out the middle east and let the US and Israel get all the dirt on their hands.

We will be ready with open arms for all the asylum seekers as usual..

no sorry i'm not gonna be running scared by them and live by what terrorists demand from me. besides its not just the US/UK they attack also they have attacked spain and sweden i dont recall what they did to piss them off
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jews they protected were not turko-slavic converts from the middle ages like many modern israelis and patriotic zionists...

The jews the muslims shielded were actual jews from the middle east.

Jews that aren't from the Middle East aren't actual Jews? Does that apply to any other religions? Sikhs that aren't from the Punjab aren't real Sikhs? Muslims that aren't from the Middle East aren't real Muslims?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    no sorry i'm not gonna be running scared by them and live by what terrorists demand from me. besides its not just the US/UK they attack also they have attacked spain and sweden i dont recall what they did to piss them off

A common counter... sadly not thought through:

Spain Israel recognition:
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/spain-recognizes-israel-as-jewish-homeland-for-first-time-1.386587

Spain sends troops to Iraq in 2003 and then realises the mistake..
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3637523.stm

Also you don't have to be scared of terrorists to avoid starting wars where they live or have religious focal points. It is just common sense.. like not building on Palestinian land..

You know, not kicking a hornet's nest etc...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jews that aren't from the Middle East aren't actual Jews? Does that apply to any other religions? Sikhs that aren't from the Punjab aren't real Sikhs? Muslims that aren't from the Middle East aren't real Muslims?

Well the problem arises from you not understand how Jews view themselves. They view themselves and children of Israel, much persecuted, but have made it through bla bla - now back in their ancient homeland, they just want the right to exist... They link their ancestry directly to Israel and the founding Hebrew tribes of Israel.

Problem is, in the middle ages, many slavic-turks suddenly decided they are jews (the Ashkenazic Jews) and their descendants are some of the most aggressively zionistic globally.

The previous poster was stating that muslims have protected jews historically. I merely pointed out the jews they shielded were historic jews of the region, not the middle ages converts who now make up a large part of the people collectively known as jewish.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the problem arises from you not understand how Jews view themselves. They view themselves and children of Israel, much persecuted, but have made it through bla bla - now back in their ancient homeland, they just want the right to exist... They link their ancestry directly to Israel and the founding Hebrew tribes of Israel.

Problem is, in the middle ages, many slavic-turks suddenly decided they are jews (the Ashkenazic Jews) and their descendants are some of the most aggressively zionistic globally.

The previous poster was stating that muslims have protected jews historically. I merely pointed out the jews they shielded were historic jews of the region, not the middle ages converts who now make up a large part of the people collectively known as jewish.

Interesting reading though I'd not agree that the problem arises with me at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem was only with your lack knowledge on how Jews view themselves and historical jews in the middle east. Your attempts to try and introduce where Sikhs are born etc was meaningless really, but well worth a try! I am sure you are delightful on topics you actually have researched, sadly, this clearly was not one of them, but that should in no way hinder your next attempts as I am sure it wont..
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warlord wrote: »
    " This Sunday naval duel was fought in the presence of more than 15,000 spectators, who, upon the heights of Cherbourg, the breakwater, and rigging of men-of-war, witnessed "the last of the Alabama. " Among them were the captains, their families, and crews of two merchant ships burnt by the daring cruiser a few days before her arrival at Cherbourg, where they were landed in a nearly destitute condition. Many spectators were provided with spy-glasses and camp-stools. The Kearsarge was burning Newcastle coals, and the Alabama Welsh coals, the difference in the amount of smoke enabling the movements of each ship to be distinctly traced. An excursion train from Paris arrived in the morning, bringing hundreds of pleasure-seekers, who were unexpectedly favored with the spectacle of a sea-fight. A French gentleman at Boulogne-sur-Mer assured me that the fight was the conversation of Paris for more than a week."

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/the-duel-between-the.html

So, you are comparing nineteenth century values, to those of the twenty-first century? Are you saying that these people are no worse than the barbarism demonstrated by the French, during a sea battle from an unconnected conflict, from a hundred and fifty years ago?
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warlord wrote: »
    It is normal human behaviour. Get over it.

No, that is not normal human behaviour. It might be for you, but for the vast majority of civilised humans, it most certainly isn't.