Jordan = myra hindley

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok I know there are threads on this subject of jordan however I couldnt find anything which mentions this article, which I personally find distasteful & a tad shocking !!!:eek:

http://www.3am.co.uk/katie-price-as-myra-hindley-in-controversial-artwork-by-kevin-sharkey/20933/

If I was here I would be screaming from the rooftops, how an earth can they compare a media junkie & a tad pain in the ass to a brutal murderer, shame on them !!!:mad:

Comments

• Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    He is an artist though and thats the type of stuff they do. I guess you need to look at it as art and not as a publicity stunt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like an artist trying to be controversial and shocking. Poor taste i think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I think it is meant to be shocking to prove a point. I'm a KP fan (ish) much more pro KP than PA. Anyway, I think this photo and more the story that ran aside it is meant to show that we should be careful how we phrase things. It does show that labelling her the most hated woman in Britain is ridiculous and shows that all she has done is shove her face in our faces too much and been a bit controversial whereas the person she is merged into looking like was a mass murderer who never even told the parents of the children she killed where all their bodies were buried. I think if you re-read the article, despite the Artist probably going for a bit of infamy, there is a very good message in there and something that the press, bloggers and everyone alike could learn something from. Phraseology, that's what it's all about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is meant to be shocking to prove a point. I'm a KP fan (ish) much more pro KP than PA. Anyway, I think this photo and more the story that ran aside it is meant to show that we should be careful how we phrase things. It does show that labelling her the most hated woman in Britain is ridiculous and shows that all she has done is shove her face in our faces too much and been a bit controversial whereas the person she is merged into looking like was a mass murderer who never even told the parents of the children she killed where all their bodies were buried. I think if you re-read the article, despite the Artist probably going for a bit of infamy, there is a very good message in there and something that the press, bloggers and everyone alike could learn something from. Phraseology, that's what it's all about.

I think you're right, I can't stand Jordan but the most hated woman in Britain is going too far...perhaps 'UK Celebrity Pain in the Arse' would fit the bill a little better.
    Its plainly clear what this picture it supposed to do, make you think about Myra Hindley and cool the hatred on Jordan and show it's exaggeration. That said, while I don't 'hate' Jordan I still can't stand her lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh and in that article about Jordan/Myra Hindley and the Photographer why do the 3am lot have to stick the knife into Samantha Mumba for no apparant reason.

Nasty spiteful lot.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

I agree.

Hindley's image is now such an iconic depiction of evil that in itself, just seeing her is surely no shock to anyone. Putting Jordan's face there does paint quite a startling picture of the ludicrousness of the public's loathing and the media's demonising of her.

It's not a subtle piece of art by any means, but I don't think it's in poor taste. I think it's a serious comment on how skewed our moral priorities are.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peacellily wrote: »
    Ok I know there are threads on this subject of jordan however I couldnt find anything which mentions this article, which I personally find distasteful & a tad shocking !!!:eek:

http://www.3am.co.uk/katie-price-as-myra-hindley-in-controversial-artwork-by-kevin-sharkey/20933/

If I was here I would be screaming from the rooftops, how an earth can they compare a media junkie & a tad pain in the ass to a brutal murderer, shame on them !!!:mad:

*deep sigh*

did you read the article properly?:confused:
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the artist has made a good point here. I dislike Jordan for her constant attention seeking antics, selfishness and bitchy remarks she makes about other people. I wish the press would just ignore her, but her 'crimes' are not comparable with Hyndleys or for example that other woman who worked in a nursery abusing kids.

The artist has also shown us that Jordan would be better going back to blonde. The black hair makes her resemble the wicked witch of the west. :D Perhaps the artist could knock up another pic with Jordan with a green face?
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. lol Even though Jordan's eyebrows should be thicker and darker like: http://frankowenspaintbrush.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ali-darling.jpg

I'm eager to see the Madonna/Jolie one even more though.

I wonder how long it is until Krusty pipes up about it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you not even read the article? Or were you just too busy getting all outraged on KP's behalf?

It's an attempt at irony by the artist - not a very original or particularly good one - but that's all it is. Irony.

Really no need for all the drama. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its all in very poor taste
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it makes a very good point.
    The kind of vitriol levelled at Katie Price by some is the type you would expect towards a woman who assisted in paedophilic child murders.

If this picture does not instil a sense of proportion in those who spout the bile then I don't know what will.

Katie may be self centred, talentless, vacuous and over hyped to extremes but she is not responsible for child murder.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Vanessa George has taken Myra Hindley's crown anyway.:mad:
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    She suits that hairstyle.
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Surely Vanessa George has taken Myra Hindley's crown anyway.:mad:

Sick as she is, she didn't kill anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »

No. She penetrated babies with various implements to give an internet boyfriend kicks.
    How is that better?
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I can participate in a game of "Who is more evil"?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not really a case of that though is it, it's evil in its different forms
  • OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    The real shock is that the "artist" doesn't seem to have matched the scales of the source material. Jordan's face is too small.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    notfussy wrote: »
    No. She penetrated babies with various implements to give an internet boyfriend kicks.
    How is that better?

Not better, both sick women. Hindley's 1960s version of that was to tape record the torture and sexual assault of one their female victims (aged 10) to the background music of 'The Little Drummer Boy', (which was played at the court hearing for the victim's mother to hear her last words calling out for her) before she and Brady murdered her.

I agree with those of you who can see the irony in this art. I manage to stay away from all things Katie Price, so at worst she is a mild annoyance, but most of the time, I have no opinion of her. From the little I've heard about her, her actions do not come close to those of convicted murderers, which I presume was the artist's intention. The poll which placed her as most hated woman is ridiculous, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a multiple choice poll rather than people thinking of their own choices.
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kind of vitriol levelled at Katie Price by some is the type you would expect towards a woman who assisted in paedophilic child murders.

If this picture does not instil a sense of proportion in those who spout the bile then I don't know what will.

Katie may be self centred, talentless, vacuous and over hyped to extremes but she is not responsible for child murder.

Sadly I don't think the message will reach the worst offenders.:(

There is evidence of this when conclusions have already been drawn without reference to the artist's intentions.
  • Miss FoxfaceMiss Foxface Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well lets hope it might reach some peoples coinscience and lay off the hatred, but I doubt it....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I can participate in a game of "Who is more evil"?.
    Evil is evil. I said one had taken the other's crown - no competition required.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's meant to be thought-provoking, suggesting folk need to get a sense of proportion.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you. Although to read some threads on here, you would think KP had committed mass murder. Some people are really really spiteful and hateful about her. I'm not a fan myself, but I certainly don't understand exactly why there's so much vitriol directed towards her. I never buy the trash mags etc with her in, so she really doesn't bother me.

Re the picture...I've read the artist's reasons for the picture. I still suspect there's a bit of publicity hunting in there, and a desire to be seen to be controversial, but nonetheless the point he's making is a valid one.