Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    It is common practice to bar people who answer too many questions correctly at audition from appearing on TV quiz shows. This explains the (more often than not) poor standard of contestants. From speaking with someone who has auditioned, you may be surprised to know that even Eggheads uses this policy.

If true, that's VERY disappointing. :(
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    Normally cannot stand Sinha, but I found myself applauding him tonight when he ripped into Phillip twice. He deserved it, and I'm glad Sinha put him in his place. I'd be ashamed to know Phillip.

I have rarely wanted the team to lose badly than those other two , apart from Jan who was inoffensive and her Harry Styles remark to Bradley made me laugh. That little dance and chant from Phillip was deservedly smacked down. There is a difference between gentle banter and crassness.

Here's a final chase from the US version I found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4R0A_gbZU8
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »

Here's a final chase from the US version I found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4R0A_gbZU8

On the topic of this, here's an abridged episode of the Chase USA with the UK soundtrack. It is improved amazingly. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik64DwfpTnE&list=FLQQm5M_CYylaYqbeU_JOJ3Q&index=1
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate is quite a character, this should be a laugh!

Rather unfortunate that Chris should say it's different when you're standing in front of the Chaser :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradders and Walter Plinge... :D
  • Options
    PetitshooPetitshoo Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Charlotte's voice is almost as annoying as her decision to take a minus offer
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor team today, Anne on form, and a very annoying person who took the minus offer. Two days in a row and extremely low prize funds, like the inverse of last week isn't it.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    10k in the cash builder. The brains of the team as Shaun said. :D
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised Shawn didn't know the Calvin Klein answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Shaun not too clever today thought he would have known the John Cleese one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the longest I've seen that they've kept us in suspense if the Chaser has gone right or not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as well it's not Mark today or Kennedy would be getting told off for hands in pockets
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never met a woman called Bill before but she was great - best contestant for a while
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressive from Shaun but the team were doing well and tailed off in their Final Chase, they needed at least 20.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen Shaun perform so well for a long time, he deserves a pat on the back.
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Yeah Shaun not too clever today thought he would have known the John Cleese one.

Agree - its been shown so many times on TV over the years, Even more surprising that he thought a duck's egg was larger than a goose egg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen Shaun perform so well for a long time, he deserves a pat on the back.

I agree - I think that his two (or three if you count the last three episodes of Series 6 as Series 7) Final Chase performances have clearly shown that he has done a good deal of revision after Series 6 finished filming. Good on him. :)
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    I've never met a woman called Bill before but she was great - best contestant for a while

Probably short for Billie which is a woman's name.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame. Sam's out. I liked him.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this is another repate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a repeat

Slow start by team, picked up a bit but Anne should be confident of reaching that score.

ETA well played team, a couple Anne should have got but might still have lost anyway.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Anne had a shocker there.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne couldn't have been worse there!!
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Anne had a shocker there.

Hmmmm, my suspicions are once again aroused.

Why did Anne say Madame Butterfly when that answer was so,so wrong and surely these people learn days of the week in German and French parrot fashion but yes she gets it wrong.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching on +1. Ann seems very flustered.
This discussion has been closed.