If you run down a cyclist & run, don't tell Twitter(!)

WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ideally, don't be knocking down cyclists. If you do, stop! If you didn't stop, probably best not mention it on Twitter, even more-so if you work in a field that doesn't allow those with a criminal record.

Oops.
http://ipayroadtax.com/no-such-thing-as-road-tax/i-knocked-a-cyclist-off-his-bike-i-have-right-of-way-he-doesnt-even-pay-road-tax/

Comments

• venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a thoroughly unpleasant individual. I hope she gets banned.
  • TurbovisionTurbovision Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long before this appears in the Daily Mail?

tick tick tick tick ........
  • Conor the BoldConor the Bold Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know... There are some seriously stupid, immoral and irresponsible people out there.
  • Shaun_MurrayShaun_Murray Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    If true that pathetic little girl needs a slap.

Her licence wants ripping up as she is clearly in no way safe to be on the roads.
    Hit & run, tailgaiting, speeding and using a mobile whilst driving (the reason she has been caught) are all serious matters.

Glad to hear the guy is alright.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before this appears in the Daily Mail?

tick tick tick tick ........
    Couple of hours if they have spotted this thread....
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sounds like a lovely individual. Hope they take her licence from her and make her apologiae personally to the poor guy she hit, oh and pay for the damage too his bike.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    She sounds lovely, but equally that article is the biggest load of pro cyclist claptrap I've read in a long time, I hate cyclists be ause I fear them? WTF. No I hate road cyclists who chose to use the road and spout on about being fellow road users but don't obey the laws. Doubling up (or tripling as I saw the other day) around bends in particular, not stopping at lights, weaving in and out etc etc.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironically - until this year she probably enjoyed low car insurance premiums ;)
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    She sounds lovely, but equally that article is the biggest load of pro cyclist claptrap I've read in a long time, I hate cyclists be ause I fear them? WTF. No I hate road cyclists who chose to use the road and spout on about being fellow road users but don't obey the laws. Doubling up (or tripling as I saw the other day) around bends in particular, not stopping at lights, weaving in and out etc etc.

It's from a pro-cyclist website so unsurprisingly it's a pro-cyclist article.

Feel free to quote where it says drivers "fear" cyclists though, because for the life of me I can't see it anywhere.

As for the woman, I hope she get's the book thrown at her.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent. 8 posts in and the anti-cyclist vitriol has started already. A new record?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    KidMoe wrote: »

Feel free to quote where it says drivers "fear" cyclists though, because for the life of me I can't see it anywhere.

I can't quote as I'm on the iPad, however third paragraph down it goes on about how young women are fearful of bike sand stranger danger and this why they mock cyclists :confused: no, it's not.
    Forum Member
    Excellent. 8 posts in and the anti-cyclist vitriol has started already. A new record?

Not anti cyclist anything, I was merely responding to the idiotic writing in the article.. Do I think she was right to hit him, no. D I think she should of driven off, no. Do I think she should boast about it? No.

I have no problem with cyclists on the road, it's the ones that give the majority a bad name that I have a problem with.
  • Conor the BoldConor the Bold Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's pathetic is what it is...
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidMoe wrote: »

I did try to find an "unbiased"source, but it's not widely circulated, yet.

It was easy to link than write my own article, but I have looked on Twitter, and the police response is still there, the other tweets mentioned exist and her account is gone, so I've no reason to doubt the rest of the article.

Btw, bazaar1, "doubling up" isn't against the law. They're allowed to do that.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpleasant young woman - and obviously stupid as well.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair - post 8 sounds more anti "irresponsible road user" than anti-cyclist.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    I can't quote as I'm on the iPad, however third paragraph down it goes on about how young women are fearful of bike sand stranger danger and this why they mock cyclists :confused: no, it's not.

"For such women, perhaps the thought of being a cyclist – unprotected from ‘stranger danger’ and open to the elements – makes them shudder, and the way to reject and despoil this “other” is to vilify and mock it?"

That's saying that perhaps the women are scared of being outside their cars, not of cyclists themselves.

It's hardly making a concrete claim in any case, just speculation as to the questionable motives of people who rant about others for no good reason.
    Forum Member
    WokStation wrote: »
    I did try to find an "unbiased"source, but it's not widely circulated, yet.

It was easy to link than write my own article, but I have looked on Twitter, and the police response is still there, the other tweets mentioned exist and her account is gone, so I've no reason to doubt the rest of the article.

Btw, bazaar1, "doubling up" isn't against the law. They're allowed to do that.

I wasn't having a to at your article choice op, but the written article itself, I didn't know it was legal to double up, so I stand corrected, I presume there are rules about it though? Fr example I came round a blind corner yesterday and there were three cyclists side by side, had I been going at a faster speed or less aware that its a road notorious for blind bends id of taken them all out in a split second - I can't see how that's not dangerous.
  • Shaun_MurrayShaun_Murray Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Not anti cyclist anything, I was merely responding to the idiotic writing in the article.. Do I think she was right to hit him, no. D I think she should of driven off, no. Do I think she should boast about it? No.

I have no problem with cyclists on the road, it's the ones that give the majority a bad name that I have a problem with.
    The same applies to this pathetic girl. Most motorists are safe and don't have a pig ignorance towards over road users that she has.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman committed a hit-and-run and boosted about it on twitter, hope she gets a driving ban.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a cyclist this annoys me, I also pay my road tax.

I woman almost pulled out of a junction in front of me yesterday people need to be extra vigilant on the roads
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well her twitter is down/deleted
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't having a to at your article choice op, but the written article itself, I didn't know it was legal to double up, so I stand corrected, I presume there are rules about it though? Fr example I came round a blind corner yesterday and there were three cyclists side by side, had I been going at a faster speed or less aware that its a road notorious for blind bends id of taken them all out in a split second - I can't see how that's not dangerous.

Three abreast isn't allowed (unless the outside cyclist is merely overtaking), but two abreast takes up little more room than a car or van.

One cyclist or two abreast, you shouldn't overtake a cyclist on a blind bend, because you are meant to give them a full car's width space between them and your car while overtaking, which would still put you in the other lane with just one cyclist, if you are driving correctly.

Anyway, yeah, the article is definitely slanted towards cyclists, but there's not really much of a positive for drivers generally in that tale.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She obviously did wrong but these witch hunts tend to sour me on the amateur detective crusaders for justice more than the person they try to vilify. Contacting her employer ffs? Who does that??