Options

Aliona was so rude

She couldn't / didn't hide her feelings when she knew she was paired with Gregg. Very rude

Comments

• Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's Aliona for you, she can't fake it haha, although she is probably fearing where his hands could end up given recent news articles.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Jake Wood won the award for "worst attempt at trying to hide disappointment" when his partner was revealed.
  • Options
    Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad someone else saw this because I thought it was just me! She was very rude I thought, poor Greg!
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I feel sorry for Greg being partnered with such a rude woman. I've never liked her and her reaction last night showed her true colours.

Whatever the pro dancers think of their partners, it is professional to make them feel welcome.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was very ungracious and very unprofessional.

I agree about Jake too.
  • Options
    Rosie PrimroseRosie Primrose Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I thought Jake Wood won the award for "worst attempt at trying to hide disappointment" when his partner was revealed.

He was bad too certainly.
  • Options
    LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Aliona can't win on this board. If she hammed up the glee at getting Gregg, everyone would be laughing at her and making fun of her. No matter her reaction, honest or "gracious" people would complain just because she's Aliona.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is Jake partnered with? Who do you think he wanted?
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    Who is Jake partnered with? Who do you think he wanted?

He's partnered with Janette.
    He really wanted Ola IMO.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was rude Tess did not talk to Gregg and Aliona, but maybe there was a reason for that.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad someone else saw this because I thought it was just me! She was very rude I thought, poor Greg!

Poor Greg! Poor Aliona more like, the guy's a creep.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Let's face it - Gregg was the booby prize for all the female pros! I'd be surprised if any of them wanted him as their partner

Given his reputation, would YOU want be alone in a training room with him for hours on end??? I certainly wouldn't - he gives me the creeps.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Let's face it - Gregg was the booby prize for all the female pros! I'd be surprised if any of them wanted him as their partner

Given his reputation, would YOU want be alone in a training room with him for hours on end??? I certainly wouldn't - he gives me the creeps.

Luckily for Aliona they'll almost certainly be the first couple to get the boot.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are a gruesome twosome, I don't like either of them. She did not look impressed, but I think Greg wanted Ola. When Greg and A went off to go upstairs he looked at Aliona's legs in a creepy way. He reminds me of Dom Littlewood.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice Natalie giving Jake a wink???? It was just before it was announced who he partnered. He said not someone tall. Whether it was just nerves and he is more fun in the training who knows.
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    I agree that Aliona can come over as a bit charmless but on this occasion I don't blame her one bit - Gregg's a creep! Here's hoping his dancing is rubbish and that the public don't vote for him and he's gone week one.

To be honest since she had 2 contenders in a row (and got second and then won) Aliona's not had a decent partner since. I suspect she was a bit disappointed as having left and then been asked back to replace Natalie last year maybe she hoped she was now properly back in the Strictly fold and would get at least a half-decent partner this year.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Aliona can come over as a bit charmless but on this occasion I don't blame her one bit - Gregg's a creep! Here's hoping his dancing is rubbish and that the public don't vote for him and he's gone week one.

To be honest since she had 2 contenders in a row (and got second and then won) Aliona's not had a decent partner since. I suspect she was a bit disappointed as having left and then been asked back to replace Natalie last year maybe she hoped she was now properly back in the Strictly fold and would get at least a half-decent partner this year.

I totally agree with the BIB. I understand Aliona was drafted back in again after Natalie getting injured last year so was surprised to see her return for good. Not displeased, just surprised. Normally once someone has gone you never see them in the competition again:confused:
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though she dealt with disappointment quite well. She's not a machine and I'm sure she will do her best with Greg.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona wasn't rude - she just didn't celebrate getting Gregg. Gregg seems to generally be considered the shortest of the short straws. Last year Aliona did a very good job with Tony and they have remained friends, despite people saying the same thing last year about her reaction to getting Tony.

Aliona is more likely than most to let you know what she thinks. The way Aliona works with her partners is that she tells them what to do and if they do what she says things go well. Wise partners give her her place as the expert. Aliona may just be establishing what the best way forward is right from the start.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Aliona. Yes, she could have hidden her disappointment a bit better but as others have said, she will do her best with him, as she did with Tony last year and she seemed very fond of him by the time he left.

I do wish they had given her a better partner, though. I was also very surprised that Natalie got a dud as well.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona and Natalie getting stitched up again. They must have really pissed someone off!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No fan of Aliona, but I wouldn't want to be partnered with Gregg Wallace either. I find him a bit sleazy. Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed how rude she was too. I don't like Greg, he comes over as a bit creepy, but I felt sorry for him.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked her and like her less now. Ignorant rude madam.
  • Options
    bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    The trouble is I reckon most of the men hope to be paired with Ola... The pro dancers know this and I would say that Greg and Jake both looked disappointed...