Vodafone 3G Question

WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
Forum Member
✭✭
I asked vodafone this and they said yes this will work. But i just want to clear this up. I have a Nokia 6280 with a "normal" pay as you talk sim in it. Can i get 3G services on this sim dispite it not being a USIM?? The phone does pick the 3G signal up. Also would i need to phone customer services to have 3G activated on that sim? I heard somewhere that Orange & O2 require you to have a USIM and wont activate 3G on a normal sim but Vodafone will? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodafone & T-Mobile use normal 2G SIM Cards to access the 3G Network.

You will be able to use Vodafone live! With 3G Speeds if you see the 3G Icon on your phone, for video calling you need to call 191 from your Mobile or 08700 776655 from a landline and ask for Video Calling to be provisioned on your SIM.

And that’s about it!

Hope that helps you :)
  • WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went into Vodafone shop in town on Tuesday, they put the phone number into their system and viewed my account, it said both video calling and mms are provisioned :D Tried mms that works, just gotta try video calling now :eek: And they also cleared my confusion up about 3G signal and 3G services by saying that if i see the 3G symbol next to the signal bars, i can receive all 3G services :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear you got all sorted, have fun! :D