Vodafone Question

WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
Forum Member
✭✭
Someone on msn just told me they're goin bust! :eek: Just because they've stopped sponsoring Manchester UTD. I smell crap... :mad:

Comments

• KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    WordLife wrote:
    Someone on msn just told me they're goin bust! :eek: Just because they've stopped sponsoring Manchester UTD. I smell crap... :mad:

lmao Vodafone are not going bust, they have more customers around the world then any other network. The Crap you smell is ManUtd, they suck so much that Vodafone dont want to sponsor them. This was announced in the news like 6months ago :P
  • WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, i knew she was talkin crap lol :D

And she is from Manchester too :yawn:
    Forum Member
    WordLife wrote:
    Exactly, i knew she was talkin crap lol :D

And she is from Manchester too :yawn:

Prolly a ManUtd fan gone mad at Vodafone for not sponsoring them lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote:
    lmao Vodafone are not going bust, they have more customers around the world then any other network...

Not anymore they aren't. The largest operator is now China Mobile, in terms of both customers (200m compared to Vodafone's 186m) as well as market value (China Mobile = £69.6bn, Vodafone = £64bn).

Loads of reports of this on the net, one such from the Telegraph... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2006/08/13/cnvoda13.xml

Still, Vodafone is a very big company & unlikely to go bust just because they don't sponsor Man U.
    Forum Member
    mattworld wrote:
    Not anymore they aren't. The largest operator is now China Mobile, in terms of both customers (200m compared to Vodafone's 186m) as well as market value (China Mobile = £69.6bn, Vodafone = £64bn).

Loads of reports of this on the net, one such from the Telegraph... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2006/08/13/cnvoda13.xml

Yup thats news to me but its true, although they own 3.3% of China Mobile and i think the only reason they gone down to 2nd place is because they sold Vodafone K.K (aka Vodafone Japan)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, plus selling their 25% stake in Proximus and the fact that they are planning to exit other non core markets such as Switzerland won't help much.

China mobile also have the advantage of being the dominant mobile phone company in the fastest growing market for just about everything.